Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins' receivers to join Donovan McNabb for "hell week" (MET)

Sweet Sassy Molassy

This is good to hear, especially for Thomas and Kelly to be heading out there to gel. Seems like they may know they are on the hot seat and need to bust their asses and have productive seasons.

Here it is!!
Let me quote this:
They also will assemble for seven-on-seven drills, against some other athletes trained by Fischer, including Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis.
Training against quite possibly the best shutdown man in the league can ONLY be a good thing :beavisnbutthead:

It's all adding up for a playoff caliber team to take the field on opening day. I think I'm actually glad that we catch Dallas at home for Game 1. Open up with an upset, home win, division rival, NFC opponent.

2010 Skins will be way ready for the Girls! HTTR!!

only good can come from this.

to be perfectly honest, i wasn't a huge fan of acquiring mcnabb but news like this is helping change my mind.

I've always known about McNabb's Arizona workouts, and when we signed him I was pumped mostly at the possibility of our receivers joining him there. I know some people didnt want McNabb because they wanted to go younger with a fresh face at QB. But the way you change a organizational culture is by putting certified leaders at the top and letting everyone else either join or fall off.

Only someone like McNabb could take Portis out of the lime light, or generate respect from egomaniacs like Haynesworth. Moss wont give up on routes like he did with Campbell throwing him the ball. And our young receivers will have the opportunity to know what its like to train like NFC East Champions, instead of coming in out of shape and lost like they've done in the past. Once the culture is totally changed in 3-5 years, we'll make Kyle the head coach, draft a young stud QB out of college that exemplifies our new found culture. We'll draft and sign players who fit our culture, and we'll have a Shanahan farm system of positional coaches coming in, doing great then taking head coaching positions elsewhere. Basically we'll start building consistent winners every year because of our winning culture. ( IE: Pats, Colts, Eagles, etc) And thats starts with having bonified leaders at the Head coach spot and QB position.

It's all adding up for a playoff caliber team to take the field on opening day. I think I'm actually glad that we catch Dallas at home for Game 1. Open up with an upset, home win, division rival, NFC opponent.

2010 Skins will be way ready for the Girls! HTTR!!

What do you mean upset win over Dallas? ;) This is awesome news though, I really want to see Thomas and Kelly breaking out. I'm not just pumped about the season to start, but also for pre-season!

Training against quite possibly the best shutdown man in the league can ONLY be a good thing :beavisnbutthead:

Agreed - Revis is an absolute monster...Hope this means more good things to come for MK and DT this year. Did anybody read the moronic responses on the pft link? Either I'm really that much of a homer and way gone off the koolaid, or these people are crazy. Do people not realize how much improved our O-Line is going to be if we stay healthy? Oh well, let them realize it after we jump out to a 6-2 start...

Hail!!

If there is one thing Mike picked up from the patriots, its that you need key leaders established in the locker room that set the example, that bring the younger guys in line. Once you've established such a powerful culture in the locker room, you can afford to bring in younger players or even players with 'questionable' histories.

Fred Davis just said on Redskins Now that he will be there with the receivers and McNabb also!

I don't think 1 week of extra training means much as far as getting extra performance out of the players, but it does show me that the players are willing to put the extra effort in. 1 week here and an extra hour there can all add up to a more prepared team. I know players need their time away from football, but it's awesome to see that they are motivated this season to the point that they want to put in the extra effort.

What do you mean upset win over Dallas? ;) This is awesome news though, I really want to see Thomas and Kelly breaking out. I'm not just pumped about the season to start, but also for pre-season!

Dallas is picked to win the Super Bowl...and every time we beat them it's an upset.

That's pretty much what I mean.

I've always known about McNabb's Arizona workouts, and when we signed him I was pumped mostly at the possibility of our receivers joining him there. I know some people didnt want McNabb because they wanted to go younger with a fresh face at QB. But the way you change a organizational culture is by putting certified leaders at the top and letting everyone else either join or fall off.

Only someone like McNabb could take Portis out of the lime light, or generate respect from egomaniacs like Haynesworth. Moss wont give up on routes like he did with Campbell throwing him the ball. And our young receivers will have the opportunity to know what its like to train like NFC East Champions, instead of coming in out of shape and lost like they've done in the past. Once the culture is totally changed in 3-5 years, we'll make Kyle the head coach, draft a young stud QB out of college that exemplifies our new found culture. We'll draft and sign players who fit our culture, and we'll have a Shanahan farm system of positional coaches coming in, doing great then taking head coaching positions elsewhere. Basically we'll start building consistent winners every year because of our winning culture. ( IE: Pats, Colts, Eagles, etc) And thats starts with having bonified leaders at the Head coach spot and QB position.

When a new young QB does come I hope McNabb passes some wisdom along. Such as how to buy time in the pocket, the deep ball, and how to scramble for first downs.:)

Dallas is picked to win the Super Bowl...and every time we beat them it's an upset.

That's pretty much what I mean.

And isn't that just such a crock of ****?!?!?!?!??????

I mean, we're talking about a franchise with ONE playoff win in over a decade, and a terrible, unproven coach and quarterback...it's always the same ol', same ol' with the Pukes...(can you tell I'm already tired of my yapping Girls fan buddy? - is it week one YET?)

Archived