Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NO: Duke Lacrosse Accuser Holds Press Conference to Defend Herself

China

The rate of false reports (8%) is less than the number of actual rapes reported (10%).

One in four women experience it. Mom, grandma, sister, daughter? You pick which one.

Will people lie? Sure. But do the vast, vast, vast majority tell the truth? And even MORE not tell at all? Yes.

NC21, I don't know where you live, but here in Baltimore false reports are very common. Who's statistics are these anyway?

http://www.familieslink.co.uk/download/jan07/False%20rape%20claims%20common.pdf

According to a nine-year study conducted by former Purdue sociologist Eugene J. Kanin, in over 40 percent

of the cases reviewed, the complainants eventually admitted that no rape had occurred (“Archives of Sexual

Behavior,” Vol. 23, No. 1, 1994). Kanin also studied rape allegations in two large Midwestern universities

and found that 50 percent of the allegations were recanted by the accuser.

Kanin found that most of the false accusers were motivated by a need for an alibi or a desire for revenge.

Kanin was once well known and lauded by the feminist movement for his groundbreaking research on male

sexual aggression. His studies on false rape accusations, however, received very little attention.

Kanin's findings are hardly unique. In 1985 the Air Force conducted a study of 556 rape accusations. Over

one quarter of the accusers admitted, either just before they took a lie detector test of after they had failed it,

that no rape occurred. A further investigation by independent reviewers found that 60 percent of the original

rape allegations were false.

The most..

Statistics sometimes lie as well.

http://www.angryharry.com/esRapeBaloney.htm

I would like to thank you for writing back as I consider this, as do you, a very important topic.

So....does that justify setting her aparment (where her 3 kids also live) on fire and then trying to murder the "cheating ****" in front of the kids and a couple of cops?

Hell no! I didn't mean for my post to infer as much.

You know women are crazy. If you date enough women, you know they are crazy. To ask for justification is futile, like the old saying goes "all fair in love and war". If you dealt with women before and got into an emoitional situation this should not shock you. Unfortunately the kids will be taken away, and their mom is staring at life in prison. No *** is worth that.

You know women are crazy. If you date enough women, you know they are crazy. To ask for justification is futile, like the old saying goes "all fair in love and war". If you dealt with women before and got into an emoitional situation this should not shock you. Unfortunately the kids will be taken away, and their mom is staring at life in prison. No *** is worth that.

I didn't think you were implying that, but I knew if nobody asked it would get taken out of context in here.

And for the record, I think the only reason they bring up the Duke rape case is because the headline "Crystal Magnum Holds Press Conference..." will have 99% of people thinking 'Who the **** is that?" Most people still remember the Duke case, so it's a way to get attention and sell stories.

Only some women are crazy. SOME.

This has nothing to do with teh duke lacrosse case. She probably found out her boyfirend was cheating.

It has a lot to do with the Duke case. That case is the only reason she was able to have a "press conference," and it is the only reason anyone heard about it. Otherwise it would just be some crazy woman who protests her innocence, like 99.9% of ALL THE CRIMINALS in the world.

The Duke case also lets us in on the backstory that she is a pathological liar. That may not be kosher to introduce at trial, but it is certainly a valid point. She is putting information out into the public voluntarily, and the public has every right to recall she is Pinocchio.

It has a lot to do with the Duke case. That case is the only reason she was able to have a "press conference," and it is the only reason anyone heard about it. Otherwise it would just be some crazy woman who protests her innocence, like 99.9% of ALL THE CRIMINALS in the world.

The Duke case also lets us in on the backstory that she is a pathological liar. That may not be kosher to introduce at trial, but it is certainly a valid point. She is putting information out into the public voluntarily, and the public has every right to recall she is Pinocchio.

You couldn't even think about introducing her allegations at trail. It is not admissable. There are two different crimes.

Plus something happened. I figure they did a rape kit on this woman. No lawyer worth his salt would bring these allegations against these boys if they didn't. This is Duke. I am sure they have powerful, influencial families.

Amen to that. I would not trust anything this woman says. She had all this support too, but I guess that the people who took up for her's fault.

Plus something happened. I figure they did a rape kit on this woman. No lawyer worth his salt would bring these allegations against these boys if they didn't. This is Duke. I am sure they have powerful, influencial families.

You have no clue and are ignorant of what already is in the public domain regarding the duke rape case. Do some research and come back.

You couldn't even think about introducing her allegations at trail. It is not admissable. There are two different crimes.

Depending on where you live, you can go down to the courthouse and swear out a warrant on someone, for almost anything. If you don't show up for the hearing, they will give you a continuance. If the person can't afford the bail, they will sit in a cell for up to 3 months while NO ONE cares. Its OK though, you can sue for false arrest if your not living in a cardboard box by then.

NC21, I don't know where you live, but here in Baltimore false reports are very common. Who's statistics are these anyway?

http://www.familieslink.co.uk/download/jan07/False%20rape%20claims%20common.pdf

Statistics sometimes lie as well.

http://www.angryharry.com/esRapeBaloney.htm

I would like to thank you for writing back as I consider this, as do you, a very important topic.

I have no idea where that journal got its stats, but the FBI's statistics are 8% as of this decade. The one in four has a ton of sources, though it can range into one in six. The 10% also comes from the FBI and CDC.

Keep in mind, rape prevention and treatment of survivors and perpetrators is my life, so no reason to thank me for talking about my passion. I appreciate you taking the time as well! :cheers:

I have no idea where that journal got its stats, but the FBI's statistics are 8% as of this decade. The one in four has a ton of sources, though it can range into one in six. The 10% also comes from the FBI and CDC.

Keep in mind, rape prevention and treatment of survivors and perpetrators is my life, so no reason to thank me for talking about my passion. I appreciate you taking the time as well! :cheers:

Thank you, but I feel that the FBI makes It living on getting convictions, so I don't know how it would behoove them to use a high estimate. You need to look at independent sources. There is a lot of false information being fed to the good people of the world.

The CDC? The Center for disease control?

Thank you, but I feel that the FBI makes It living on getting convictions, so I don't know how it would behoove them to use a high estimate. You need to look at independent sources. There is a lot of false information being fed to the good people of the world.

The CDC? The Center for disease control?

The FBI doesn't make its living on convictions; they're not the prosecutors. They investigate reported crimes. Their value is not judged on convictions whatsoever.

And yes, that CDC. :)

Mangum said that her ex-boyfriend, after taking her to the emergency room for a spinal tap,started hitting her and accusing her of cheating after she asked him to leave the residence.

Huh? There's a lot going on with this gal.

I have zero doubts that the men she keeps company with would hit a woman and I have zero doubts that his accusations were justified.

Chaos. It's what's for dinner in her life.

I'm puzzled why you aren't calling for Mangum to be put back UNDER the jail. Seeing as cases like the Duke case make it harder for real rape accusations to be believed.

Putting out statistics on all women while referencing this crazy psycho, just lumps her in with other women who may actually need help, and creates backlash of skepticism in other cases.

You have no clue and are ignorant of what already is in the public domain regarding the duke rape case. Do some research and come back.

Thank you! That was one of the most STUPID things I've read on this board. The Duke Athletic program canceled the lacrosse season, took away the scholarships from the kids that were on that team, and fired a phenomenal coach in Mike Pressler. All because this IDIOT Nifong couldn't get the book thrown at these kids fast enough without a proper investigation. He turned it into a "haves and Have-nots" thing. Like I said in another thread, If this was Duke B-ball, you wouldn't have heard a THING about it.

I met Coach Pressler at the US lacrosse convention last January, and actually sat with him during lunch. He said that he is really not supposed to talk about it, but let's just say that he is "financially sound" after Duke settled out of court. He is genuinely a great person!

Now, he is coaching the US team in the Lacrosse world cup this month in Manchester England.

I'm puzzled why you aren't calling for Mangum to be put back UNDER the jail. Seeing as cases like the Duke case make it harder for real rape accusations to be believed.

Putting out statistics on all women while referencing this crazy psycho, just lumps her in with other women who may actually need help, and creates backlash of skepticism in other cases.

No no, don't misunderstand me. I'm NOT saying that she isn't a crazy woman who may deserve time, but I am saying that it wouldn't be worth it in terms of setting a precedent.

Women are already terrified to come forward. Now, if charges or dropped or the accused rapist is found not guilty (I know HG knows this, but others seem to forget that "not guilty" does not equal "innocent"), then she can actually be prosecuted? Whether that's legally accurate or not doesn't matter; a woman (or man) who's experienced what I view as the most horrible event to live through would certainly not come forward. Report rates would plummet and rapists would be running around free.

Women are already terrified to come forward. Now, if charges or dropped or the accused rapist is found not guilty (I know HG knows this, but others seem to forget that "not guilty" does not equal "innocent"), then she can actually be prosecuted?
I am not suggesting that all female accusers have charges brought against them if the accused is not found guilty.

This particular case is an example of someone giving knowingly false testimony to investigators. Charges were not brought in that case I believe to soothe local tensions and I didn't agree with it.

No no, don't misunderstand me. I'm NOT saying that she isn't a crazy woman who may deserve time, but I am saying that it wouldn't be worth it in terms of setting a precedent.

Women are already terrified to come forward. Now, if charges or dropped or the accused rapist is found not guilty (I know HG knows this, but others seem to forget that "not guilty" does not equal "innocent"), then she can actually be prosecuted? Whether that's legally accurate or not doesn't matter; a woman (or man) who's experienced what I view as the most horrible event to live through would certainly not come forward. Report rates would plummet and rapists would be running around free.

I am not suggesting that all female accusers have charges brought against them if the accused is not found guilty.

This particular case is an example of someone giving knowingly false testimony to investigators. Charges were not brought in that case I believe to soothe local tensions and I didn't agree with it.

The rest of my quote was extremely important, so don't leave it out or else you're arguing against the wrong thing.

The rest of my quote was extremely important, so don't leave it out or else you're arguing against the wrong thing.
Just following the board rules about quoting large blocks of text.

I don't know how carefully you followed the Duke Lacrosse case. I don't believe I have ever seen a worse example of someone "changing their story" when reporting such serious allegations to police. I can not think of a more egregious example of someone deceiving the authorities.

Of course rape is a horrible crime that's why it should be taken very seriously and people who belittle that like this woman should be prosecuted for taking crimes like this so lightly.

Legal accuracy isn't important?

Just following the board rules about quoting large blocks of text.

I don't know how carefully you followed the Duke Lacrosse case. I don't believe I have ever seen a worse example of someone "changing their story" when reporting such serious allegations to police. I can not think of a more egregious example of someone deceiving the authorities.

Of course rape is a horrible crime that's why it should be taken very seriously and people who belittle that like this woman should be prosecuted for taking crimes like this so lightly.

Legal accuracy isn't important?

Too many people are lying to the authorities about crime in general. I have experienced this on more than one occasion, personally.

Archived