Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NO: Duke Lacrosse Accuser Holds Press Conference to Defend Herself

China

Duke Lacrosse Accuser Holds Press Conference to Defend Herself

DURHAM -- Crystal Gail Mangum believes the system is out to get her.

With a motion bracelet strapped to her right ankle, Mangum, 31, held a press conference in front of a Savannah Avenue home this morning - where she is on house arrest - to defend herself against a February domestic violence arrest.

Mangum was arrested at her Lincoln Street home after police alleged that during an argument with her ex-boyfriend, she set the apartment on fire and tried to kill her now ex-boyfriend while her three young children and two Durham police officers were in the home.

“I don’t feel like I’m going to get the justice that I deserve through the judicial system and I feel this my only and last means to reach out to the public and let them know that I did not set a fire that night,” she said while sitting in front of Savannah Avenue residence, unable to even walk to the driveway.

Click on the link for the full article

Not sure who you mean by her enablers.

And this story is ridiculous. They're two unrelated incidents.

"Boy Who Peed Pants In Second Grade Arrested For Public Urination"

Not really... I think her credibility is in question. A lot of people feel let down by her. Jessie Jackson for one, who came to her defense.

Not meaning to pick on you NC21, but this goes along with the other thread about the Al Gore accuser, and how some people cannot tell the truth to save their life.

I truly believe that this woman tried to pull a fast one in accusing those young men, furthermore, I also believe she tried to set her boyfriends house on fire. Her stories never make any sense and she never has anything other than her "word" to back it up.

I think she is a liar and she is a prime example of the system gone awry.

You remember. The whole false allegation, lying to investigators thingy.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think that you understand what that would mean for sexual assault reporting, let alone the criminal justice system.

If this happened, then reports would plummet. Keep in mind that only 10% are reported at this point, anyway. Also, anyone who ever accuses anyone of anything and the person is found not guilty, or the investigation is dropped, etc., would have the right to sue for false arrest and libel.

Not really... I think her credibility is in question. A lot of people feel let down by her. Jessie Jackson for one, who came to her defense.

Not meaning to pick on you NC21, but this goes along with the other thread about the Al Gore accuser, and how some people cannot tell the truth to save their life.

I truly believe that this woman tried to pull a fast one in accusing those young men, furthermore, I also believe she tried to set her boyfriends house on fire. Her stories never make any sense and she never has anything other than her "word" to back it up.

I think she is a liar and she is a prime example of the system gone awry.

She's one person. She does not represent even a small minority of people who report sex crimes.

Also, anyone who ever accuses anyone of anything and the person is found not guilty, or the investigation is dropped, etc., would have the right to sue for false arrest and libel.

That is clearly baloney. They should prosecute her for false reporting of a crime because there is UNDENIABLE, CLEAR evidence that she invented and maliciously put forth the rape story. The poor guys accused and arrested and ruined, did not just get acquitted or something. The event she reported DID NOT HAPPEN. This would have zero impact on persons reporting ACTUAL, REAL assaults. If anything it would've made vindictive tramps think twice before trying to use baseless allegations as a weapon.

Lol! Not all of them!

I must respectfully disagree about the number of people who will blatantly lie to punish someone. I think it is a rampant problem.

How much of it is acceptable in the first place?

The rate of false reports (8%) is less than the number of actual rapes reported (10%).

One in four women experience it. Mom, grandma, sister, daughter? You pick which one.

Will people lie? Sure. But do the vast, vast, vast majority tell the truth? And even MORE not tell at all? Yes.

This has nothing to do with teh duke lacrosse case. She probably found out her boyfirend was cheating.

So....does that justify setting her aparment (where her 3 kids also live) on fire and then trying to murder the "cheating ****" in front of the kids and a couple of cops?

Archived