Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12thman Rising.com: ESPN- Albert Haynesworth Headed To Seattle Seahawks (unconfirmed)

theredskinsfan

I guess that some people are ok with cutting off their nose to spite their face.

For me, the emotional satisfaction of winning with a player gaining from trading Haynesworth far outweighs the emotional satisfaction of "sticking it" to him.

I really hope he can straiten up and play. When his head is in the game, he is the best defensive player in the league. We'll see what happens. I don't think it will be easy to trade him and I don't think he will sit out the year losing millions. I think he plays. I wish he would go, though. I can't stand the man.

Didn't see this posted yet but it looks like he's going to report to training camp if he's still with us.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/redskins-fine-haynesworth-1000.html

"If he is still on the roster, Haynesworth plans to report to training camp when the first practice begins July 29 at Redskins Park, people close to the eight-year veteran said."

I guess that some people are ok with cutting off their nose to spite their face.

For me, the emotional satisfaction of winning with a player gaining from trading Haynesworth far outweighs the emotional satisfaction of "sticking it" to him.

Agreed if we get sure thing value, which is not a 4th or 5th. We would get more value by letting him rot until he comes to his senses and realizes that he signed a contract and needs to play.

I really hope he can straiten up and play. When his head is in the game, he is the best defensive player in the league.

Well, he's been in the league eight seasons now, and his head has been in the game in two of them, coincidentally or not, both were contract years.

I too would like the light bulb to come on and for him to put his me-first ways aside and dedicate himself to being the best DT in the league once again. I would also to win the lottery. Odds are against both, though there is still a slim chance.

Its not a prudent financial strategy to bank on winning the lottery. Likewise, it is also becoming clear that it is not a prudent football strategy to bank on Albert Haynesworth.

Well, he's been in the league eight seasons now, and his head has been in the game in two of them, coincidentally or not, both were contract years.

I too would like the light bulb to come on and for him to put his me-first ways aside and dedicate himself to being the best DT in the league once again. I would also to win the lottery. Odds are against both, though there is still a slim chance.

Its not a prudent financial strategy to bank on winning the lottery. Likewise, it is also becoming clear that it is not a prudent football strategy to bank on Albert Haynesworth.

Did not say I was banking on it.

I really hope he can straiten up and play...

I don't believe he will be traded. I would like him to be, though.

Edit: If I am wrong and AH gets traded, I will not only eat crow, I will eat 20 crows, feet, beaks and all! Hurray for crow! Adios, Alberto gordo!

The difference being that Brandon Lloyd made our team worse while he was on the field, but Haynesworth made the Titans much, much better. They were a top 5 defense the last two years with Haynesworth, then fell off the table to #28 last year.

I'm sure there would be a lot of Titans fans that would welcome him back with open arms.

They also filed tampering charcges against us when we snagged him in free agency like thay wanted to keep him.

well whats the list of teams that we could trade him to. say the teams that officially run the 4-3.

Hard stat to track, but the NFL is trending towards the 3-4 as it is generally better suited to disrupt the passing game. Due to rule changes, the passing game has really taken off as of late. Personnel is harder to come buy, though. Most players available are better suited for the 4-3.

Didn't see this posted yet but it looks like he's going to report to training camp if he's still with us.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/redskins-fine-haynesworth-1000.html

"If he is still on the roster, Haynesworth plans to report to training camp when the first practice begins July 29 at Redskins Park, people close to the eight-year veteran said."

This is only due to the team gaining leverage in fines/breach of contract if he does not report...nothing more unfortunately.

I too was a big believer that this was all media posturing, fat Al has served me a big plate of crow.

Obviously you do your best, but ultimately this situation needs to be resolved by the end of training camp. The Redskins can't go into the season with Haynesworth as a distraction.

The compensation now is less important (since he was signed as a free agent rather than acquired via trade) than excising a negative personality with the potential to keep attention focused on anything less than the games to be played.

Dead on balls accurate. We don't need to continue to allow this behemoth to keep raining on our parade. Players need to be answering questions about how they are coming along with new schemes. Not what some overpaid blob is doing (or not doing) that day.

Dead on balls accurate. We don't need to continue to allow this behemoth to keep raining on our parade. Players need to be answering questions about how they are coming along with new schemes. Not what some overpaid blob is doing (or not doing) that day.

You may step down, Ms. Vito.

In Shanahan's speech he said if AH gives back the 21 mill they would think about "trading" or simply cutting him so he could go elsewhere. So I think all thats going on right now is AH's agent is checking into teams that would be interested. If someone is then AH will give back his money(21 mill) and the Skins can trade him for the 4th or 5th round pick.

I'd do it. We get our money back, we get rid of a problem, and we pick up a draft pick.

Every Titans fan I know absolutes LOATHES Haynesworth. They know that he only made their defense good when he was playing for a contract, and that in the end, his me-first persona outweigh his immense talent.

And when it comes to Haynesworth, it's really, really hard for anything to outweigh him. :D

I know it doesnt happen often but anything can happen right look at the McNabb trade. No one ever talk about the GIANTS as a trade partner for Big Al, they run a 4-3 they were pursuing him in FA and they have assets to trade with us. I know sending Big Al to a divison rival may come back to haunt us but I wouldnt mind if we could get a WR like Mario Manningham or Steve Smith and Chirs Canty for Big Al. It works for both sides Big Al would make the Giants DL great and a solid WR like Manninham or Smith would help us greatly along with Chirs Canty who fits the 3-4 better any way would gave us a solid 3-4 line fit Carricker-Kemo-Canty as the starters along the DL. What do you guys think also we did offer Big Al to the Eagles just something to note.

I know it doesnt happen often but anything can happen right look at the McNabb trade. No one ever talk about the GIANTS as a trade partner for Big Al, they run a 4-3 they were pursuing him in FA and they have assets to trade with us. I know sending Big Al to a divison rival may come back to haunt us but I wouldnt mind if we could get a WR like Mario Manningham or Steve Smith and Chirs Canty for Big Al. It works for both sides Big Al would make the Giants DL great and a solid WR like Manninham or Smith would help us greatly along with Chirs Canty who fits the 3-4 better any way would gave us a solid 3-4 line fit Carricker-Kemo-Canty as the starters along the DL. What do you guys think also we did offer Big Al to the Eagles just something to note.

We have to play them twice a year. Do you really want to face the best DT in football twice a year? Careful what you wish for!

I can see it now... AH pumping his fist after crushing Mcnab. Ouch!

We have to play them twice a year. Do you really want to face the best DT in football twice a year? Careful what you wish for!

I can see it now... AH pumping his fist after crushing Mcnab. Ouch!

It wouldn't be this year's first blockbuster NFC East trade haha just saying. AH could be scary good with the Giants--they're probably the best team in the league at having a successful rotation of DL and correctly utilizing their guys' strengths... if AH was being played a little more sparingly, he could be even more of a terror when he's in, and they'd figure out the perfect times to stick him in.

Interesting possibility: Kenny Phillips for AH. He's coming off a pretty serious injury/surgery and they just signed Antrel Rolle. He's only 23 and still has plenty of upside, even considering his knee. We need help at FS but not so much that we couldn't bring him along slowly. Maybe Phillips and a 5th? Phillips and Steve Smith or Mario Manningham for AH would be a steal. I know there's a lot of possible downside to a deal for just Phillips but I'm just throwin it out there...

It wouldn't be this year's first blockbuster NFC East trade haha just saying. AH could be scary good with the Giants--they're probably the best team in the league at having a successful rotation of DL and correctly utilizing their guys' strengths... if AH was being played a little more sparingly, he could be even more of a terror when he's in, and they'd figure out the perfect times to stick him in.

Interesting possibility: Kenny Phillips for AH. He's coming off a pretty serious injury/surgery and they just signed Antrel Rolle. He's only 23 and still has plenty of upside, even considering his knee. We need help at FS but not so much that we couldn't bring him along slowly. Maybe Phillips and a 5th? Phillips and Steve Smith or Mario Manningham for AH would be a steal. I know there's a lot of possible downside to a deal for just Phillips but I'm just throwin it out there...

I would love to get rid of "el gordo" but like ugly luggage that your folks give you... we're stuck with him!

I was at a Sigma aldrich confrence the other day in Nottingham (UK) and I came across a Steelers fan and he said living in the UK he was not upto date on the football so we got talking and he said

"the redskins usually make a big move in the off-season, who was it this year"

When I told him McNabb he just stood and starred . Not because we had traded a second round pick and not because the Eagles had traded him but because they had traded him to us .

Trades within a division can and do happen but look at the NFCE . The only team who trades within the division seems to be Philly . Everyone else jumps on RFA's and even PS players but I cannot remember the last player we actually traded to the Cowboys or the Giants .

Trading within the division is like kissing your sister ... it is just not done (except in Jacksonvile i hear) .... hell one of the big beefs the Saints have is Brown went to another team in the NFC ....

IMO There is no way big Al ends up a Giant ... I do wonder if the Bucs still want him ?

Also Cantry was pretty unspectacular as a 3-4 end and would be much better suited as a 4-3 DE/DT hybrid .

Archived