Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12thman Rising.com: ESPN- Albert Haynesworth Headed To Seattle Seahawks (unconfirmed)

theredskinsfan

http://12thmanrising.com/2010/06/19/espn-albert-haynesworth-headed-to-seattle-seahawks/

If you visit the NFL page on ESPN, the headline is there:

“Haynesworth Headed To Seahawks”

Plenty of speculation has centered around the Seahawks being a suitor for the disgruntled defensive tackle.

There are no sources confirming a deal is in place, just a headline, calling it how I see it.

The LenDale White release all started with a headline and no sufficient evidence to immediately support it. Something could be updated within the hour just like it was then; insider is generally diligent in updating the news wire.

*click link for more*

While 100% totally uncomfirmed at this point, ESPN is running a headline of "Haynesworth Headed to Seattle" on its NFL Insider page. Consider this pure speculation until more details surface.

speculations of a 4th or a 5th rounder. talk about getting bent over. that would be insane. no way would i give up fat al for that. especially after giving him 20 mil.

I'd lose all confidence in allen if he gets rid of AH for a 4th or a 5th and we aren't compensated for the money we've paid that POS...

Given their lack of draft picks, it might be better to see if we can get a player at a position of need that is a younger vet, 25 or 26 years old.

I haven't looked at their roster recently, does Seattle have any younger OL, WR or FS with promise?

Given their lack of draft picks, it might be better to see if we can get a player at a position of need that is a younger vet, 25 or 26 years old.

I haven't looked at their roster recently, does Seattle have any younger OL, WR or FS with promise?

Not really. Unless they're prepared to get rid of an aging (aged?) T.J. Housh. Deion Butler? Idk.

They just drafted Max Unger (G/C) last year, and this year they drafted Golden Tate (WR) and Earl Thomas (S), so they are weak at those positions as well, but have been addressing it.

I'd lose all confidence in allen if he gets rid of AH for a 4th or a 5th and we aren't compensated for the money we've paid that POS...

We really have no leverage in this. We pretty much have to take whatever any team offers. If we keep him, we're keeping a disgruntled player who others on the team have spoken out about. At this point its probably best to just cut out losses, get what we can, and move on. Allen's hands are tied by the actions of the previous regime IMO.

We really have no leverage in this. We pretty much have to take whatever any team offers. If we keep him, we're keeping a disgruntled player who others on the team have spoken out about. At this point its probably best to just cut out losses, get what we can, and move on. Allen's hands are tied by the actions of the previous regime IMO.

Pure speculation mode!!!!-

If we get no compensation outside 4-5th round then keep FatA55 and let him rot. Put him on the PUP list for insubornation and lets increase his girth this year.

why? why not let him beak off and sit at home ala meshawn johnson?

I'd take T.J. Houshmandzadeh. I don't want stinking late round draft picks.

I'd take T.J. as well, although a late-rounder or two in addition to him would make me happier.

Moss

T.J.

Thomas

Looks much better to McNabb than what we have starting now, probably. if that does happen, I'd believe the recent reports that MK is NOT impressing.

his salary is paid... let him hold out, fine his ass 16K a day once training camp starts, build a better case for breach of contract, see if teams have injuries at the DT increasing his trade value, we have options... there's no need to get rid of him now for a 4th or 5th.. I just don't believe that we'd let him go for that little...

his salary is paid... let him hold out, fine his ass 16K a day once training camp starts, build a better case for breach of contract, see if teams have injuries at the DT increasing his trade value, we have options... there's no need to get rid of him now for a 4th or 5th.. I just don't believe that we'd let him go for that little...

exactly, while I dont think Alberta is solely at fault I also think we gotta do whats best for the team and that means holding onto him until we get something decent ffs.

Actually, they do have a couple. I have to believe Unger (6-5/305 2 yr's) is untouchable but he would be totally awesome. Played quite well at both G & C.

Steve Vallos © has some upside (6-3/311 4 yr's).

Ray Willis (G) has done pretty well there also (6-6/304 6 yr's)

Although their secondary has pretty well sucked, Josh Wilson would help. Our CB's are not exactly scaring anyone.

Have not heard any press out here about anything to do with Haynesworth but the only thing about football recently has been the PAC 12 and Golden Doughnut.

Talk about your unprofessional, rabble rousing, yellow journalism type headlines: "Haynesworth headed to Seahawks". ESPN should be ashamed of themselves.

Here's the original Insider article from Pasquerelli that they reference as the source for their headline (Note the parenthetical reference to Seattle and Oakland as POSSIBLE trade partners)...

No nose

It's not certain that Haynesworth -- who almost certainly will be traded now (think the Seattle Seahawks or Oakland Raiders, possibly) -- would have been used at nose tackle in the new 3-4 front that coordinator Jim Haslett is implementing. In fact, many in the NFL feel that he might have been much more effective playing end. But even with Haynesworth, Washington might have struggled at nose tackle, and without him it's uncertain who will play the position. The team has three players on the roster -- Maake Kemoeatu, Harold Green and Anthony Bryant -- listed as nose tackles. Green and Bryant have never started at nose tackle in a 3-4. Kemoeatu has logged only three starts as a 3-4 nose tackle. The eight-year veteran was listed as a nose tackle for many of his 16 starts for Baltimore in 2005, but according the official game documents, the Ravens opened in a 3-4 only once that season.

No sources, no quotes, just rank speculation taken from out of the ether and summarily dismissed with the hastily added "possibly" disclaimer.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Archived