Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12thman Rising.com: ESPN- Albert Haynesworth Headed To Seattle Seahawks (unconfirmed)

theredskinsfan

I think Shanny WANTS to keep big Al. It's just a feeling I have. He wants big Al to cave and come to camp. Haynesworth is still the best guy for the job, despite being the most hated player on the team..

I agree with you some what...I think Shanny would like AH minus his "Tude" which is why we may be at this stage of the game...I bet Shanny told AH from the get go...we will give you the money, but we need you to come in here and be the best you can be...which means...work hard and set the tone for all the younger guys...

I bet after AH learned he was going to have to bust his butt...that is when he decided im not going to show...and gonna take the money while im at it..

JMHO

ps...AH can not say at this point the reason he is not with the team is because Shanny wanted him to work hard (other teams would not want him if he came out saying that)...so i bet he is saying that he doesnt want to play because of the 3-4 Defense

I agree with you some what...I think Shanny would like AH minus his "Tude" which is why we may be at this stage of the game...I bet Shanny told AH from the get go...we will give you the money, but we need you to come in here and be the best you can be...which means...work hard and set the tone for all the younger guys...

I bet after AH learned he was going to have to bust his butt...that is when he decided im not going to show...and gonna take the money while im at it..

JMHO

ps...AH can not say at this point the reason he is not with the team is because Shanny wanted him to work hard (other teams would not want him if he came out saying that)...so i bet he is saying that he doesnt want to play because of the 3-4 Defense

I agree.

Furthermore, I do not think that AH is worth the kind of money he is getting. His best years are behind him. He will never put forth the effort to be great like he once was. 5 million a year for him is STILL too much.

Have you not been paying any attention at all this offseason? Haynesworth's contract is very manageable for any team we trade him to at about $16 million over the next three years. Virtually all of the money that made his contract undesirable has been paid out already.

If we don't get much compensation it'll be solely because Haynesworth destroyed his own value by taking the money and refusing to honor his contract.

http://insidethecap.blogspot.com/

In his infamous $100 million contract of 2009, Haynesworth had a $21 million option bonus. As part of the deal, the Redskins reserved the right to convert that option bonus to signing bonus, and that’s exactly what they did according to league sources. However, they did this conversion with a slight twist. Not only did they convert the option bonus to a $21 million signing bonus, but they also added a voidable provision by which if Haynesworth pays back $16.8 million of the signing bonus, then the 2011 – 2014 contract years void away. From a team salary accounting standpoint, because the voidable is solely in the player’s control, the proration of the signing bonus does not go into 2011 – 2014, meaning all of the $21 million signing bonus counts in the uncapped year of 2010. As a result, Haynesworth’s team salary number in 2010 went from $8.8 million to a whopping $25.6 million. His subsequent team salary numbers are $6.4 million, $8.2 million, $10 million, $10.8 million, and $12.8 million respectively. With this new voidable provision, if Haynesworth decides he's unhappy with his role in the Redskins' new 3-4 defense and he can come to an agreement in principle with a new team that would guarantee him the $16.8 million he'd have to pay back to the Redskins, then in theory 2010 could Haynesworth's last year in Washington.

It is you who have not paid attention oh great Apotheosis.

Ok I skipped through this whole post so forgive me if this has already been said...

Noone should be complaing about us trading Haynesworth for nothing. What we are trying to do is get him off the books, before there is a new CBA. His contract would allow us to do NOTHING with a salary cap. We just need him out of here...an addition by subtraction so if they are offering a 4th round pick then we let it sit for some days to see if anyone else offers anything better. If not then we trade him for a 4th...

Ok I skipped through this whole post so forgive me if this has already been said...

Noone should be complaing about us trading Haynesworth for nothing. What we are trying to do is get him off the books, before there is a new CBA. His contract would allow us to do NOTHING with a salary cap. We just need him out of here...an addition by subtraction so if they are offering a 4th round pick then we let it sit for some days to see if anyone else offers anything better. If not then we trade him for a 4th...

You are completely correct! All this talk of a first or second rounder is silly. Everyone in the League knows that AH is a headcase. His contract is NOT what everybody thinks it is and the man is 30!

I'm really worried abut the NT spot, i would think with the recent news about haynesworth the redskins will be looking into getting another NT in the future. I don't think they will put all their hope in Maake.

I'd love Jackson, but no way we can unload AH to them and there's no way I'd feel okay dropping picks on him as he'd take a first or a second. Unless we go Holmes and nab him for a 5th. Then I'd be ecstatic.

:no:

No one wants AH. He's a train wreck.

I would love Vincent Jackson. I remember specifically wanting us to draft him.

I know it won't happen, because SD runs a 3-4, but could you imagine if we came away from this offseason with Donovan McNabb, Trent Williams, Jamaal Brown, and Vincent Jackson? Epic.

Even without the baggage, I was talking the 34. If it wasn't for that I'd be willing to bet they'd take him in a heartbeat. Jackson is willing to hold out till the 10th week of the season and they'd be getting one of the most dominant DT's in the game for a malcontent. Gates would just becoming their only receiver, but I'm sure they'd manage.

Even without the baggage, I was talking the 34. If it wasn't for that I'd be willing to bet they'd take him in a heartbeat. Jackson is willing to hold out till the 10th week of the season and they'd be getting one of the most dominant DT's in the game for a malcontent. Gates would just becoming their only receiver, but I'm sure they'd manage.

Big Al's real baggage... $8.8 million (this year) $6.4 million, $8.2 million, $10 million, $10.8 million, and $12.8 million.

Last Two years are voidable. 2011-2014 are voidable if big Al coughs up 16.8 million.

That's what he just said haha

Hu? I don't get it.

Archived