Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12thman Rising.com: ESPN- Albert Haynesworth Headed To Seattle Seahawks (unconfirmed)

theredskinsfan

Send him to New England for Logan Mankins.

Thoughts?

That would be hilarious, NE runs a 3-4. I would love it if we traded him to a team that runs a 3-4, what an ultimate backfire that would turn into for him. Unfortunately for us, no 3-4 team would actually take him knowing he's such a big baby about it.

maybe a three way trade where we get Mankins, the other team gets AH, and the patriots get a combination of picks

No 3-4 team will touch Al. Also for a trade to work Al is probably going to have to agree to pay back at least some money to the Redskins and maybe recover that from his new team in a renegotiation of his contract as part of the trade. That means that Al has some say in where he ends up unless we decide to just eat the money we have paid him.

Add in the the trade for Brown moving Hicks back to guard and suddenly Oline is looking like a strength not a weakness. If I was picking a position to strengthen now it would be OLB or WR.

That would be hilarious, NE runs a 3-4. I would love it if we traded him to a team that runs a 3-4, what an ultimate backfire that would turn into for him. Unfortunately for us, no 3-4 team would actually take him knowing he's such a big baby about it.

The Pats switched last year to a 4-3.

Old Bill does very well with players that no one wants.

The Pats switched last year to a 4-3.

Old Bill does very well with players that no one wants.

Yes, but they don't overpay for players and don't give away draft picks. They got Randy Moss for nothing (I know it was the Raiders, but still). Bill likes his draft picks too. I don't see Kraft shelling out that kind of money to AH anyhow.

I'd lose all confidence in allen if he gets rid of AH for a 4th or a 5th and we aren't compensated for the money we've paid that POS...

The money we've paid?

This is Snyder's money. And the fact that it took him ten years to finally see the light and hire a GM, he deserves it. A fool and his money are soon parting. He probably averaged $100M per year and never got squat, except that he made the Redskins the laughing stock of the NFL.

Now he's finally going in the right direction, but that's only because he was really starting to lose his fan base. The fans really laid into him last year, and rightfully so. But thankfully, all that is now in the past.

It's time to start moving forward in a positive direction, and we're now on the right path.

Yes, but they don't overpay for players and don't give away draft picks. They got Randy Moss for nothing (I know it was the Raiders, but still). Bill likes his draft picks too. I don't see Kraft shelling out that kind of money to AH anyhow.

I don't believe that AH will even be traded. Read some of my other posts.

Myron Pryor (Rd6, 2009), 6’0 319, Kentucky: Stout and athletic college 3-technique with a good first step was somewhat of a curious pick for the Patriots at first, because he lacks the length to be a traditional 5-technique and bulk to play NT. However, Pryor quickly earned his way into the defensive line rotation, earning time inside when the Patriots went to four-man fronts and various passing down sub-packages. Showed of flashes of being a productive penetrator and interior pass rusher. Seems destined to replace Green as a “super-sub” and situational interior pass rusher and could become more valuable if the Patriots continue to play more 4-3 and sub-package defenses as they did in 2009.

http://howthepatsdraft.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/positional-breakdown-5-technique-defensive-ends/

I don't believe that AH will even be traded. Read some of my other posts.

I actually agree with you. I think he has proven it's just about money and has made it publicly clear he will not play in a 3-4. In addition, he has his off field baby mama (stripper) drama going on. Plus he missed all the voluntary camps (with a new scheme and coaching staff in place) and stated he will not report to mandatory training camp in July. That's definitely the formula for screwing up potential trade partners.

There is a long shot, someone picks him up for some picks but unlikely. I just think it's real silly when I read other posters say ship him off to the Pats for this guy or this team for that guy, when there is really no history of trades being that dumb unless it involved us or the Raiders in years past.

The teams that need/want him are going to be a few and we are not going to get anything glamorous for him now.

, Belichick’s always had a preference for the 3-4. During the 2009 season, though, we saw the Patriots defense line up with four down lineman more frequently than in years past. And in recent weeks, we’ve seen numerous reports that the team has been hosting pre-draft visits for several defensive line prospects.

Read more at: http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=42484&pcid=41&cp

what about maybe derrick morgan in Tennessee?

Tennessee wants no part of Haynesworth. They dealt with him for years, and they know all his issues first hand.

I'd be like a Broncos fan suggesting that they trade Brandon Lloyd to us...sorry, been down that road before.

Fool me once...

Tennessee wants no part of Haynesworth. They dealt with him for years, and they know all his issues first hand.

I'd be like a Broncos fan suggesting that they trade Brandon Lloyd to us...sorry, been down that road before.

Fool me once...

The difference being that Brandon Lloyd made our team worse while he was on the field, but Haynesworth made the Titans much, much better. They were a top 5 defense the last two years with Haynesworth, then fell off the table to #28 last year.

I'm sure there would be a lot of Titans fans that would welcome him back with open arms.

AH is gone before training camp. The only thing that could be worse than AH causing a spectacle by holding out through training camp is AH coming to training camp and being disruptive. And he has to come to training camp to keep his $21M, so you can bet he'll be there. Getting a #3 for AH would get back the #3 for Brown - so what if $32M gets flush down the drain. Better to flush now than to smell the stink for another month.

The difference being that Brandon Lloyd made our team worse while he was on the field, but Haynesworth made the Titans much, much better. They were a top 5 defense the last two years with Haynesworth, then fell off the table to #28 last year.

I'm sure there would be a lot of Titans fans that would welcome him back with open arms.

Every Titans fan I know absolutes LOATHES Haynesworth. They know that he only made their defense good when he was playing for a contract, and that in the end, his me-first persona outweigh his immense talent.

Also, their defensive fell off as much due to the horrible secondary performance than to losing Haynesworth.

Completely agree. Let him rot and get sued.

I guess that some people are ok with cutting off their nose to spite their face.

For me, the emotional satisfaction of winning with a player gaining from trading Haynesworth far outweighs the emotional satisfaction of "sticking it" to him.

Archived