Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12thman Rising.com: ESPN- Albert Haynesworth Headed To Seattle Seahawks (unconfirmed)

theredskinsfan

Obviously you do your best, but ultimately this situation needs to be resolved by the end of training camp. The Redskins can't go into the season with Haynesworth as a distraction.

The compensation now is less important (since he was signed as a free agent rather than acquired via trade) than excising a negative personality with the potential to keep attention focused on anything less than the games to be played.

This team is trying to rebuild its image and internally the chemistry of a winning team.

That is more important than the difference between getting a #3 vs. #5 pick for AH in 2011 or 2012.

No nose

It's not certain that Haynesworth -- who almost certainly will be traded now (think the Seattle Seahawks or Oakland Raiders, possibly) -- would have been used at nose tackle in the new 3-4 front that coordinator Jim Haslett is implementing. In fact, many in the NFL feel that he might have been much more effective playing end. But even with Haynesworth, Washington might have struggled at nose tackle, and without him it's uncertain who will play the position. The team has three players on the roster -- Maake Kemoeatu, Harold Green and Anthony Bryant -- listed as nose tackles. Green and Bryant have never started at nose tackle in a 3-4. Kemoeatu has logged only three starts as a 3-4 nose tackle. The eight-year veteran was listed as a nose tackle for many of his 16 starts for Baltimore in 2005, but according the official game documents, the Ravens opened in a 3-4 only once that season.

That was a waste of time.....:chair:

I'd lose all confidence in allen if he gets rid of AH for a 4th or a 5th and we aren't compensated for the money we've paid that POS...

Truth be told, I'm of the opposite feeling, in that if Allen can actually get a 4th or 5th for Albert then I would be thrilled. There is no question that we deserve more than that if you look at Albert's talent. Moreover, we certainly deserve to have at least some of the $21M given back to us. Realistically however it'll be difficult to get value for Albert and the money back. EVERYONE in the NFL is killing Albert right now . . . and I doubt whether any team is willing to give up a lot to get this clown. So honestly . . . if Allen and Coach Shanahan get some mid to late draft picks for Albert it's not that bad . . . We could do a lot worse.

Meh. This is a non-story until some "real" evidence comes to light. Anyway, if Seattle or Oakland wants a player that runs out of gas by halftime, be my guest. A hummer gets better gas mileage than a AH does, if you pardon my metaphor.

Truth be told, I'm of the opposite feeling, in that if Allen can actually get a 4th or 5th for Albert then I would be thrilled. There is no question that we deserve more than that if you look at Albert's talent. Moreover, we certainly deserve to have at least some of the $21M given back to us. Realistically however it'll be difficult to get value for Albert and the money back. EVERYONE in the NFL is killing Albert right now . . . and I doubt whether any team is willing to give up a lot to get this clown. So honestly . . . if Allen and Coach Shanahan get some mid to late draft picks for Albert it's not that bad . . . We could do a lot worse.

I disagree... I think we are all forgetting the guy can still be an elite player and one of the most dominant players on the defensive side of the ball.. he's not coming off any bad injuries, no suspensions, no trouble with the law (though dollars to doughnuts there's a DWI in this guy's future), not coming off a bad year, he's just proving what was already pretty well documented about him: he's a POS... but there are plenty of functional POS's in the league and I think plenty of teams that would believe they could make AH work on their roster... I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least a 2nd for him... just my opinion...

Interesting. My opinion of this deal would obviously be dependent on what we get in return, but I'm sure no one is opposed to actually getting something for him.

You would be wrong. You don't negotiate with terrorists. he cannot be allowed to get his way.

I disagree... I think we are all forgetting the guy can still be an elite player and one of the most dominant players on the defensive side of the ball.. he's not coming off any bad injuries, no suspensions, no trouble with the law (though dollars to doughnuts there's a DWI in this guy's future), not coming off a bad year, he's just proving what was already pretty well documented about him: he's a POS... but there are plenty of functional POS's in the league and I think plenty of teams that would believe they could make AH work on their roster... I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least a 2nd for him... just my opinion...

While I agree with you in all of those points (indeed, there is no disputing his talent and his relatively clean off-the-field record) I still cannot see a team giving up more than a mid round pick. Will teams be interested? Absolutely. Teams are always looking to give guys a "second chance." Especially one with Albert's elite talent. However, they will give him that second chance if the price is low . . . meaning they will either low-ball the crap out of us OR just wait until we cut him (which I'm sure is something that is going through the minds of Bruce and Coach Shanahan).

Think about the value for a 2nd. We gave up a 2nd for a potential Hall of Fame QB who by all accounts is a great locker room guy, a leader, and has absolutely no baggage other than the Owens drama from years ago. That's what a 2nd gets. I seriously doubt anyone would be willing to part with such a highly rated draft pick for a guy who 1. Has obvious character issues; 2. May not be in shape; 3. Does not play an entire 16 game season; 4. Has essentially lost his desire to play the game since he has gotten his fat paycheck.

He has a stripper coming after for 10 mil.

Archived