Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNWashington.Com: Haynesworth Statement Regarding Minicamp Absence: Claims He's All About Team

MustangSteve

I have no idea why...but I always have a weird sense of admiration for the athletes who pull these kinds of stunts' date=' at least in the NFL. (In leagues with guaranteed contracts, I have a little sense sympathy).[/quote']

Is it the "beating the man" deal? Because in an environment (NFL) where many of the guys who have been at the top running everything have a history or having little trouble with athletes from the past (before the unions got strong) living out lives with broken bodies and little financial future, that's what I wonder---well, actually it's also something I have heard personally from some NFL players--"**** the man" basically.

And for the fluttery-hearted, I don't use the phrase in just the "racial" sense as much as in the "old hippy/60's" sense where it also included the "use people however you need at their expense for your own purposes to accumulate wealth" stuff. You know, dog-eat-dog, who really cares about you anyway, it's all about the money and who gets the most from who, mentality. Like when Carlin talks about the "Big Business Man."

To me, Al is simply a big POS by what I can see of his conduct. :ols:

Wow.

Overreact much?

Yes. And by what's allowed to fly on the board even when emotions are expected to run high.

:ols:

Goes to show you the hatred all of us have for Al right now. But I don't agree with RA saying "Michael Pittman is a better human being than Al even though he beats his wife." :rolleyes:

I am participating in the hate :mad:. But regardless of the forum, or the topic, there are lines to avoid crossing (duh).

Ya, I crossed the line there; Pittman deserves to be spat on everywhere he goes. I just think Big Al is a jerk and the epitome of everything that is wrong with the league.

But Pittman is more of douche. I was upset. I ONLY retract my Pittman comment. The rest I stand behind especially the diabetic shock part and the blowing out his knee off the field so he can never be paid. I stand by that.

Unfortunately, too little and too late. :( And I am hating on AL too. You got a brief break to simmer out and hopefully this cluster**** will be better in some way when you get back

Crisco Ass? That's a new one on me... :ols:

:ols:

Why even release a statement like this?

No one is going to believe you.

On top of everything else, he's seems pretty dumb in many ways. Only thing that could EVER redeem him now are very specific actions (zero words) over a significant period of time. I'm not going to hold my breath for a nano-second.

On top of everything else, he's seems pretty dumb in many ways. Only thing that could EVER redeem him now are very specific actions (zero words) over a significant period of time. I'm not going to hold my breath for a nano-second.

Him and his agent.

This move is so terrible for him in so many ways its actually almost humorous how he's backed himself into a corner.

Shot his trade value to ****, pissed off his teammates, made this bull**** statement about how he's all about the team...he went from the most wanted FA on the market last year to one of a TO type stature. Talented, but unwanted.

His agent must be pretty terrible.

We got Make. We got Carriker. We dont need you.

Reading this comment really explains why the Skins were so hot on signing so many DL. I remember people commenting things like..."OMG ANOTHER DL"

It really sounds to me like Shanny and Allen saw this coming. They were stocking up on DL for a reason. The new leadership is doing very well cleaning up this mess and not allowing it to hurt the team to much.

Him and his agent.

This move is so terrible for him in so many ways its actually almost humorous how he's backed himself into a corner.

Shot his trade value to ****, pissed off his teammates, made this bull**** statement about how he's all about the team...he went from the most wanted FA on the market last year to one of a TO type stature. Talented, but unwanted.

His agent must be pretty terrible.

I don't think it's his agent - my guess is he's ignoring the advice from his agent and/or telling the agent what he wants is non-negotiable. His agent told him to take the money and the agent would likely be violating his fiduciary responsibility to his client if he did anything else. It's big Al who's the idiot.

But why would he care if he destroyed his trade value? He doesn't get anything in a trade - the Redskins do. You think he cares about anything other than himself?

And he's already got his money so the whole FA thing is probably behind him.

My number one goal has always been to help my team win -period.

"The Washington Redskins are a great and storied franchise with an owner in Mr. Snyder that will do anything in his power to win and a fan base that is unrivaled in the NFL.

When I signed here after meeting all day with the staff and top executives, and talked about the defense that we would run and what my role would be, I was assured I would have the freedom to play to my strengths and I was excited about the future.

After many years in the NFL, I know what it takes for me to perform at my highest level. My number one goal has always been to help my team win -period.

It's also important at my position to help free my teammates to make plays, which I've done throughout my career when I've been allowed to play to my strengths. I will continue to work individually to prepare for training camp and the start of the 2010 season."

http://www.csnwashington.com/06/15/10/Haynesworth-Statement-Regarding-Minicamp/landing_09.html?blockID=254342&feedID=2992

:pooh:

Haynesworth is done here.

Once teammates come out and say they don't trust a player to have their backs, his days in the locker room are over.

Shanahan and Co. now realize the stand-off with Haynesworth has reached the terminal phase, there isn't going to be an accommodation where AH comes in and starts to drink the Kool-Aid.

And so, what the Redskins are asking for Haynesworth in trade will change to reflect the reality of the situation and he will be moved.

TN and Detroit will still take him IMO, they just weren't going to give up a #1 or #2 pick to the Redskins seeing the issues the team was having with him.

The Redskins are selling 'low', but in this case addition by subtraction is definitely in play.

With apologies to MustangSteve, I have found the real message embedded in Albert Haynesworth's statement. Remember, this is from his own mouth, I have added nothing...

"The Washington Redskins are a great and storied franchise with an owner in Mr. Snyder that will do anything in his power to win and a fan base that is unrivaled in the NFL. When I signed here after meeting all day with the staff and top executives, and talked about the defense that we would run and what my role would be, I was assured I would have the freedom to play to my strengths andI was excited about the future. After many years in the NFL, I know what it takes for me to perform at my highest level. My number one goal has always been tohelp my team win -period.It'salso important at my position to help free my teammates to make plays, which I've done throughout my career when I've been allowed to play to my strengths. I will continue to work individually to prepare for training camp and the start of the 2010 season."

lmao :ols:

that was very creative!

Archived