Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNWashington.Com: Haynesworth Statement Regarding Minicamp Absence: Claims He's All About Team

MustangSteve

:ols:

Goes to show you the hatred all of us have for Al right now. But I don't agree with RA saying "Michael Pittman is a better human being than Al even though he beats his wife." :rolleyes:

Ya, I crossed the line there; Pittman deserves to be spat on everywhere he goes. I just think Big Al is a jerk and the epitome of everything that is wrong with the league.

But Pittman is more of douche. I was upset. I ONLY retract my Pittman comment. The rest I stand behind especially the diabetic shock part and the blowing out his knee off the field so he can never be paid. I stand by that.

Should he ever decide to deign to return and play for the team that paid him a tenth of a billion dollars to play a child's game for them, I will still not be happy with this loser. He's not a Redskin and never will be - even if he's "on the team." He needs to go. And don't trade him to the Vikings - send him to Oakland where NFL careers go to die. He deserves Oakland. I don't care if you trade him for a box of Al Davis' depends; I want to see him in Oakland.

Ummm,How on earth could he think that this is benefitting the team? Or anyone for that matter?

That's too easy. He believes (because of the money paid him) that he is smart. But he isn't, and neither is his agent.

He is a team of one now. Team Albert Haynesworth. Doing whatever strikes his fancy. That is why I want the organization to break him like a barbie doll under his butt. Pay him and fine him (as contracted for/permissable), and humiliate/segregate him at every opportunity.

How about we pull a Laverneous Coles on this fatt piece of crap?

We own you dude....for 5 years.

You can spend the next 5 years (the prime of your career) rotting and getting fat(ter) and come back to the league as only a NT. You can play in the capacity you are asked, or you can give back the money and go somewhere.

But you hold NONE of the cards. NONE.

We got Make. We got Carriker. We dont need you.

But I would love to have you as a warning to the league of what happens if you cross Dan Snyder. Just like LavColes was.

My number one goal has always been to help my team win -period.

"The Washington Redskins are a great and storied franchise with an owner in Mr. Snyder that will do anything in his power to win and a fan base that is unrivaled in the NFL.

When I signed here after meeting all day with the staff and top executives, and talked about the defense that we would run and what my role would be, I was assured I would have the freedom to play to my strengths and I was excited about the future.

After many years in the NFL, I know what it takes for me to perform at my highest level. My number one goal has always been to help my team win -period.

It's also important at my position to help free my teammates to make plays, which I've done throughout my career when I've been allowed to play to my strengths. I will continue to work individually to prepare for training camp and the start of the 2010 season."

http://www.csnwashington.com/06/15/10/Haynesworth-Statement-Regarding-Minicamp/landing_09.html?blockID=254342&feedID=2992

Conceeded much. You can tell what he is all about. I highlighted 19 instances where he referenced himself. Wow, just wow and this guy thinks it's okay!

Doing things out of spite never does anyone any good. It would probably be best to avoid distractions at all costs and chalk this one up as a huge mistake by Snyder/ceratto. But damn, I really really want them to stick it to him. I want to see him forced to give back a huge part of that 21 million or humiliated as he shows up to training camp and is consistently made the butt of jokes.

This guy had the opportunity to leave and not take that check... he chose to take the money, sit on his arse for 2 months and then decide he doesn't want to be part of the Skins. If ever there was a case where doing something out of spite was justified this is it. What little positive reputation he had left before yesterday is quickly evaporating as the entire NFL is pointing to this man as a symbol of greed, selfishness and a prime example as whats wrong with the league. I just hope he gets what he deserves some way somehow.

Hasn't worked for Snyder yet ... the Skins always seem to find themselves in these precarious situations.

Always? I only count 3 times this particular situation has come up: Coles, Taylor and Haynesworth. Usually, it involved a coaching change or a change in philosophy that triggered the discontent, tho the real reason was usually something deeper than that and usually within the player himself. Problem is, it isn't always easy to predict these things, especially for a player who has never changed teams before in the NFL.

There does seem to be some players who can't accept that there are multiple ways to be successful and sometimes you do need to sacrifice a bit of ego to be on a successful team.

I believed you Al when you said on sirus when you said I will do whatever the coaches want me too and I do not want to be a distraction.

You are a liar and a coward!

You will never be the player you think you are. No one will remember you when you retire. You will never be in the hall of fame. You will be pennyless and alone and no one will know or care about you. Miserable people live miserable lives no matter thier bank account.

I'm curious what everyone's reactions will be if this gets worked out and Haynesworth shows up for all the training activities and starts. I'm irritated by him, but it seems like Shanahan isn't throwing him under the bus yet. That says to me he may still be on the team, and potentially play.

If he's able to suck it up and contribute, I'd have no problem with that. That being said, I can't see him staying here longer than next season, with him trying to buy his way out of his contract and the team doing their best to accommodate that.

Personally, it would have been smarter for him to keep his big mouth shut and just endure this season and buy his way out in the offseason next year. All his actions this offseason has gotten him is a reputation as a troubled me-first player and it kills a lot of his value.

I'm curious what everyone's reactions will be if this gets worked out and Haynesworth shows up for all the training activities and starts. I'm irritated by him, but it seems like Shanahan isn't throwing him under the bus yet. That says to me he may still be on the team, and potentially play.

My reaction will exactly the same as when we originally signed him. I can root for the Skins without rooting for Fat Albert. I did the same thing when we signed Deion Sanders.

All will not be forgiven even when he plays well in my opinion.

If he's able to suck it up and contribute, I'd have no problem with that. That being said, I can't see him staying here longer than next season, with him trying to buy his way out of his contract and the team doing their best to accommodate that.

Personally, it would have been smarter for him to keep his big mouth shut and just endure this season and buy his way out in the offseason next year. All his actions this offseason has gotten him is a reputation as a troubled me-first player and it kills a lot of his value.

I agree with you, but I think that once you hit $41 million, you don't give a **** about future contracts. The guy hit the jackpot. He's probably saying, "I'm rich, be-yotch!" and honking his gold-plated car's horn.

He could never play another down and probably be okay with that. Wanting to be like Reggie White my ass.

...once you hit $41 million, you don't give a **** about future contracts. The guy hit the jackpot. He's probably saying, "I'm rich, be-yotch!" and honking his gold-plated car's horn...

Hes already hit the jack pot.. The smart move would have never been signing this guy in the first place... the next smart move would have been releasing him instead of forking over another $21 million... That hindsight thing sucks sometimes. If he never plays for the Skins again (which seems most likely) that works out to what..... over 2.5 million per game? Yeah, I think its fair to say he has already hit the jack pot.

With apologies to MustangSteve, I have found the real message embedded in Albert Haynesworth's statement. Remember, this is from his own mouth, I have added nothing...

"The Washington Redskins are a great and storied franchise with an owner in Mr. Snyder that will do anything in his power to win and a fan base that is unrivaled in the NFL. When I signed here after meeting all day with the staff and top executives, and talked about the defense that we would run and what my role would be, I was assured I would have the freedom to play to my strengths and I was excited about the future. After many years in the NFL, I know what it takes for me to perform at my highest level. My number one goal has always been to help my team win -period. It's also important at my position to help free my teammates to make plays, which I've done throughout my career when I've been allowed to play to my strengths. I will continue to work individually to prepare for training camp and the start of the 2010 season."

So to sum up, this magnificently talented athlete, who could be a beloved hall of famer with a different attitude and work ethic, has:

-- Committed one of the most hideous in-game assaults by stomping on a guy's exposed head (the guy had been outplaying AH all day and AH was tired and frustrated).

-- Gave an Oscar-winning "I've changed" act and played like a demon in 2008, miraculously coinciding with his contract year.

-- Convinced Vinny Cerrato to give him the biggest contract in team history, along with a promise to let AH play in the exact system and style he wants.

-- Left a person crippled after speeding his ferrari over 100 mph down a highway and causing a wreck.

-- Been sued for paternity by a Brooklyn stripper, who claims she's been relegated to Medicaid while carrying AH's child.

-- Deposited a check for a cool $21 million from the Redskins, with the understanding that taking the money means he's committed to being a Redskin, then a couple months later demands to no longer be a Redskin.

Yeah this guy's a real charmer.

Can someone tell me when, specifically, we will stop being damaged by Snyderrato's past actions?

With apologies to MustangSteve, I have found the real message embedded in Albert Haynesworth's statement. Remember, this is from his own mouth, I have added nothing...

"The Washington Redskins are a great and storied franchise with an owner in Mr. Snyder that will do anything in his power to win and a fan base that is unrivaled in the NFL. When I signed here after meeting all day with the staff and top executives, and talked about the defense that we would run and what my role would be, I was assured I would have the freedom to play to my strengths and I was excited about the future. After many years in the NFL, I know what it takes for me to perform at my highest level. My number one goal has always been to help my team win -period. It's also important at my position to help free my teammates to make plays, which I've done throughout my career when I've been allowed to play to my strengths. I will continue to work individually to prepare for training camp and the start of the 2010 season."

Brilliant. The text in blue: I got my money and I dont have to help my team win - period. It's all about me.

Archived