Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNN - Roethlisberger Won’t Stop Drinking Despite Recent Trouble

HapHaszard

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/roethlisberger-wont-stop-drinking-despite-recent-trouble/

By Chuck Carroll

Football News Now Staff Writer

Despite his trouble off the football field, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is not ready to quit drinking.

The 28-year-old NFL star has twice been involved in alleged sexual assaults in recent years after what were reportedly alcohol fueled evenings. Regardless of whether Ben’s actions were entirely of his own doing or if he was trapped by the provocative actions of young women who didn’t say no, alcohol likely impaired his judgment.

Speaking to the Pittsburgh media for the first time since NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him for a minimum of four games for violating the league’s Personal Conduct Policy, Roethlisberger expressed his desire to start living smarter, but not to stop living altogether.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

I dont get it....... Who ever said Hamburger was an alcoholic or had a drinking problem? When in this article does it ask Hamburger if he will stop drinking? The man needs to stay away from woman. Is it me or is Mike Florio twisting this thing?

Roethlisberger doesn't even have the common sense to say that he'll tone it down. He's such a dumbass. Remember when he almost killed himself by not wearing a helmet? He specifically stated that he would NOT wear a helmet despite the fact that he almost lost his life.

He has no regard for his image or his influence on others, including kids.

What a dumb ****.

the guy had to read "im sorry" off a piece of paper! he coulednt say his own words...so you know the guy dosent care about anyone.....not even himself

Just gonna throw this out there... if he actually didn't do anything wrong, what exactly does he need to apologize for?

Sexual assault allegations completely aside, he doesn't even look like a cool person to party with.

bendrunk.jpg

benroethlisberger4drunk.jpg

benroethlisberger3drunk.jpg

benroethlisbergerdrunkp.jpg

If he's not wearing ridiculous graphic t-shirts with giant cartoonish pictures of Satan on the front while sporting a mullet, then he's wearing a "Drink Like a Champion Today" t-shirt while pouring alcohol down a girl's throat (that was taken when he was a senior at Miami of Ohio...big man on campus obviously).

He just comes across like a giant tool.

Just gonna throw this out there... if he actually didn't do anything wrong, what exactly does he need to apologize for?

Being a major league a-hole, putting himself in ****ty situation after ****ty situation, not doing anything to make himself, the Steelers, the city, or the league look better, and everything that he did without dispute is what he has to apologize for.

Sorry, when you sign that contract, it comes with responsibilities. He's the #1 prick in the league.

Being a major league a-hole, putting himself in ****ty situation after ****ty situation, not doing anything to make himself, the Steelers, the city, or the league look better, and everything that he did without dispute is what he has to apologize for.

Sorry, when you sign that contract, it comes with responsibilities. He's the #1 prick in the league.

I've never heard anyone apologize for "being a major league a-hole."

As far as we know, he had sex with an unattractive chick who then claimed that she raped him AFTER she sent emails to her friends about (if I'm remembering this correctly) how she wanted to have a kid with him. Then he was partying in Georgia and hooked up (in some way) with another chick in the bathroom.

Do I think it's a little dirty to hook up with a chick in a freakin' bathroom? Yeah. Do I expect an apology when someone famous happens to do it? No. I mean, seriously, do you realize how many "apologies" we'd have to sit through if everyone who was more than quasi-famous had to get down on their knees (pun somewhat intended) any time they ever did something that was at or beyond the bathroom sex level on the "that's kind of gross" scale? ****, if we're gonna demand Ben apologize for that, then I want an apology from Lamar Odom for picking the only ugly Kardashian sister.

Hell, Tom Brady has had two kids out of wedlock. I insist that he grovel for my forgiveness!

As far as we know, he had sex with an unattractive chick who then claimed that she raped him AFTER she sent emails to her friends about (if I'm remembering this correctly) how she wanted to have a kid with him. Then he was partying in Georgia and hooked up (in some way) with another chick in the bathroom.

Do I think it's a little dirty to hook up with a chick in a freakin' bathroom? Yeah. Do I expect an apology when someone famous happens to do it? No. I mean, seriously, do you realize how many "apologies" we'd have to sit through if everyone who was more than quasi-famous had to get down on their knees (pun somewhat intended) any time they ever did something that was at or beyond the bathroom sex level on the "that's kind of gross" scale? ****, if we're gonna demand Ben apologize for that, then I want an apology from Lamar Odom for picking the only ugly Kardashian sister.

Hell, Tom Brady has had two kids out of wedlock. I insist that he grovel for my forgiveness!

You're comparing two, possibly three, sexual assaults to having kids out of wedlock, which is more than socially accepted nowadays?

What a failure of a post.

Get your facts straight, Tom B is married to Giselle and they have 1 child. He does have one child out of wedlock.

I think hes too old to drink like a college boy.

Lets face it you are in your late 20´s time to settle down and be smarter. I too was a dumbass drinker in my time but late teens or early 20´s but you grow up. However I didnt go around assulting women.

He has one and this doesnt make him a bad person at least he pays his child support unlike some NFL players. I´m not saying its ok to have children out of wedlock.

You're comparing two, possibly three, sexual assaults to having kids out of wedlock, which is more than socially accepted nowadays?

What a failure of a post.

No. I'm comparing possible sexual assaults to kids out of wedlock. You seem to have already convicted Ben in your head, which explains why you're so upset that he's not apologizing. However, the are significant problems with both alleged stories. Especially the first. Really, the fact that you firmly believe he assaulted the first woman tells me all I need to know.

Get your facts straight, Tom B is married to Giselle and they have 1 child. He does have one child out of wedlock.

I thought their kid came a good while before they got married. My bad if it didn't.

He has one and this doesnt make him a bad person at least he pays his child support unlike some NFL players. I´m not saying its ok to have children out of wedlock.

Oh, I don't think it makes him a bad person at all. I was just using it as an example of something else that's often used to generalize about pro athletes and label them as bad apples. You can bet your life savings that if Ben currently had a kid there would be all sorts of Travis Henry references made towards him.

it's okay if he wants to keep drinking (to a sensible extent), but he definitely needs to tone down the social drinking with questionable company. My advice to him would be to keep the partying within his estate and close group of friends. anything else is a setup...

I agree with Hubbs on most accounts.

He's quarterbacked 2 Super Bowl victories and yet his teammates don't like him. That's all one needs to know.

Didn't they start whining when they were losing? Maybe they're just fair-weathered.

I think that for the fans and for the teammates, the third time will be the charm. If he wants his jersey sales to go back up, he probably just needs to win.

No. I'm comparing possible sexual assaults to kids out of wedlock. You seem to have already convicted Ben in your head, which explains why you're so upset that he's not apologizing. However, the are significant problems with both alleged stories. Especially the first. Really, the fact that you firmly believe he assaulted the first woman tells me all I need to know.

If you'd followed the cases, then you'd understand. Clearly you didn't.

But, don't let those pesky facts get in the way of your opinions. They don't for your other "points" in this thread, either.

Didn't they start whining when they were losing? Maybe they're just fair-weathered.

I think that for the fans and for the teammates, the third time will be the charm. If he wants his jersey sales to go back up, he probably just needs to win.

. . . the entire team is fair-weathered? The Steelers have become tremendous losers? They won the Super Bowl LAST YEAR, and already his teammates don't like him. I mean, that doesn't say something to you?

Winning doesn't cure being a rapist, punk, and prick.

. . . the entire team is fair-weathered? The Steelers have become tremendous losers? They won the Super Bowl LAST YEAR, and already his teammates don't like him. I mean, that doesn't say something to you?

Winning doesn't cure being a rapist, punk, and prick.

Perhaps you don't remember the losing streak that Pittsburgh went through last year in which they lost to Cincy, Baltimore, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Oakland consecutively. I remember Whines Ward calling Ben out between the Oakland and Baltimore games, and I want to say that Ben also received criticism from his teammates in the season after his first Superbowl win (which was a losing season), but I'm not sure about that one.

They were sining his praises around '07-'08, but then when the going got tough in '09, the boobirds made themselves known.

It makes me wonder if there is a trend of: Steelers lose = teammates hate Ben; Steelers win = teammates love Ben.

Perhaps you don't remember the losing streak that Pittsburgh went through last year in which they lost to Cincy, Baltimore, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Oakland consecutively. I remember Whines Ward calling Ben out between the Oakland and Baltimore games, and I want to say that Ben also received criticism from his teammates in the season after his first Superbowl win (which was a losing season), but I'm not sure about that one.

They were sining his praises around '07-'08, but then when the going got tough in '09, the boobirds made themselves known.

It makes me wonder if there is a trend of: Steelers lose = teammates hate Ben; Steelers win = teammates love Ben.

You follow them closer than I do given that they're your top rival, so I'll defer to you.

However, him being a prick probably doesn't help, either. 52 other players were on those teams, and I'm wondering if they were all that pissed with each other.

Archived