Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES 53 MAN ROSTER: Quarterback (Choose 2)

KDawg

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

yea, i'm guessing it was a mute point for the most part, since no one on the Broncos defense picked it up or tried to advance it down field or make any issues of it at all, at least during the game.

just curious if that game would of played out the same way had someone picked the ball up and ran it in for a TD.

Moot point :pfft:

Actually, a player on the Broncos did pick it up and start running the other way but the play was whistled dead by that point.

Moot point :pfft:

Actually, a player on the Broncos did pick it up and start running the other way but the play was whistled dead by that point.

spelling, blah :pfft:

yea, i dont remember it, but it's been so many years since i saw that super bowl...

doesnt really matter anyways, whenever my roommate starts talking sh*t, i just bring up the Riggo run against his Dolphins. He hates that :ols:

Baugh no question. But then you have to look at RINGS IMO either Joey T or Doug Williams....there is a lot of love for Sonny he was great but never won a ring so kinda scratchin my head over his votes.

Marino never won a ring but he was better than Big Ben.

Baugh no question. But then you have to look at RINGS IMO either Joey T or Doug Williams....there is a lot of love for Sonny he was great but never won a ring so kinda scratchin my head over his votes.

the only way you could scratch your head over the sonny picks is because you must not have ever got a chance to watch him play. hard not to vote for sammy. but had to go with thiesman. for the 2nd pick. even though truthfully sammy should win hands down.

I went for Sonny & Joe. I'm sure Sammy was right up there, but I never saw him play. I still remember Hobble & Wobble and the over the hill gang.

Whether you saw him or not is a moot point. The man not only dominated in three different positions, but he lead the Redskins to an NFL title in his rookie season and made the passing game a legitimate strategy in pro football. Before that, it was nothing more than a trick play/desperation move.

KDawg,

I love all those guys, but for me Doug Williams is a hero unto his own.

Hurt and hobbling, comes back in to the SB and sets the game afire. BTW, was he the SB MVP as one of his credentials.

As for the second guy because simply of his stature in Redskins history, Slingin Sammy Baugh, maybe the greatest ever to take the field as a Redskin.

Forget Redskins, Baugh may be the greatest player to take the field....PERIOD!!!

Sonny was more talented than Joey T but I don't like him much at all. He was a bit of a malcontent and a lazy player and his teams never did anything of note.

Its not like he was playing with a bunch of nobody's either because he got to throw to Bobby Mitchell and Charley Taylor for a while, plus he got to play for Lombardi and Allen.

Plus I absolutely can't stand listening to him on the radio, and I'm not going to lie, that factored into my decision too.

I love Theismann and voted for him because he was the QB during the greatest era in our team's history and his personality was a big part of what made us us. Theismann didn't have close to Jurgensen's natural talent but he had ten times his charisma, toughness, and moxie. IMO the 1982 season was by far the greatest in team history, and if you were to ask me what the three most spine-tingling moments in our history are:

1.) Riggo's Run

2.) We Want Dallas

3.) Theismann's block that sprung Joe Washington for a game winning touchdown against the Giants after getting his teeth knocked out in the first half.

All of those were from the '82 season, and I love everything about that 1982 team, even though I wasn't born for another three years after it.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Joey T would be the consensus choice along with Baugh if it weren't for a bad day in Super Bowl XVIII and that disastrous Monday Night game against the Giants in 1985.

Also I'm surprised nobody put an "other" vote in for Eddie LeBaron, or that he wasn't one of the available choices outright. He's just as deserving of votes as Williams, Kilmer, and Rypien are. I know it sucks he was stolen from us by the Cowboys, but he can't really be blamed for that--that happened because of Marshall's foolishness. LeBaron was a special player, he and Gene Brito were pretty much the ONLY good things at all about the 1950's for us.

LeBaron was pretty much the living embodiment of the old school Football Hero: decorated war hero, scrappy player who achieved against long odds, exciting talent, two way player, tough as nails, etc. He went to three Probowls for us as well.

Archived