Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES 53 MAN ROSTER: Quarterback (Choose 2)

KDawg

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This may wind up being one of the closest votes that we have... Although, I doubt that as every time I've thought that it wound up being completely, 100% incorrect.

So here it is. The last position. Then we have the wild card vote and then depth charts.

Here are your choices, folks. Choose two of them.

1937-1952 Sammy Baugh

- Spent his entire career as a Washington Redskin

- 56.6% Completion Percent

- 21,886 yards

- 187 TD, 203 INT

- Pro Bowler in 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 51

- ALL PRO in 37, 40, 42, 43

-NFL HALL OF FAMER CLASS OF 1963

1964-1974 Sonny Jurgensen

- 58% Completion Percent

- 22,585 yards

- 179 TD, 116 INT

- Pro Bowl in 61, 64, 66, 67, 69

- ALL PRO in 61 and 69

- NFL HALL OF FAMER CLASS OF 1983

1971-1978 Billy Kilmer

-53.2% Completion Percent

-12,352 yards

-103 TD, 75 INT

-Pro Bowl in 72

1974-1985 Joe Theismann

-Spent his entire playing career as a Washington Redskin

-56.7% Completion Percent

-25,206 yards

-160 TD, 138 INT

-Pro Bowl in '82 and '83

-ALL PRO in '83

1986-1989 Doug Williams

-55.9% Completion Percent

-4,350 yards

-27 TD, 20 INT

1988-1993 Mark Rypien

-56.4% Completion Percent

-15,928 yards

-101 TD, 75 INT

-Pro Bowl in 89, 91

KDawg,

I love all those guys, but for me Doug Williams is a hero unto his own.

Hurt and hobbling, comes back in to the SB and sets the game afire. BTW, was he the SB MVP as one of his credentials.

As for the second guy because simply of his stature in Redskins history, Slingin Sammy Baugh, maybe the greatest ever to take the field as a Redskin.

KDawg,

I love all those guys, but for me Doug Williams is a hero unto his own.

Hurt and hobbling, comes back in to the SB and sets the game afire. BTW, was he the SB MVP as one of his credentials.

Yeah. I didn't list that for any of the players in this thing, though.

Theismann and Williams. Gave us (were part of/there for) two of the most memorable performances in Redskins super bowl history: The 35 point quarter and Riggo's run. They were also part of two of the more dominant Redskins teams in history.

You gonna take the top 3 vote getters and put them into the depth chart? You have 3 qb spots up for grabs...

Yes. It's how every vote has worked. Three spots are up for grabs but I don't want everyone voting for three.

Sonny and Sammy. The two best QBs we've had.

I had a tough time with that. But I went with Williams because of several factors, the era, the fact that when he signed I told all my friends that the Redskins were going to win the SB, his leadership and unselfishness, the SB itself, his continued involvement in the sport and the class in which he carried himself.

Some people's ability to read how many players to pick baffles me.

krizz, you picked four. You were supposed to pick two.

Stick it in the poll title.

As for my votes, take out Rypien and Theisman if it matters that much.

Again, the youth of most members will skew this poll. Sammy Baugh is, arguably, THE GREATEST player to ever step onto an NFL field. He brought the forward pass into NFL conciousness, and won two titles. To not vote for him is sacreligious, IMO.

Again, the youth of most members will skew this poll. Sammy Baugh is, arguably, THE GREATEST player to ever step onto an NFL field. He brought the forward pass into NFL conciousness, and won two titles. To not vote for him is sacreligious, IMO.

I don't think the youth is skewing this poll at all. Take a look at the current top two vote getters.

Theismann and Williams. Gave us (were part of/there for) two of the most memorable performances in Redskins super bowl history: The 35 point quarter and Riggo's run. They were also part of two of the more dominant Redskins teams in history.

Except that means you didn't vote for the best football player of all time.

This isn't even close. Baugh is the best to ever play the game. And Sonny is one of them. If anyone else even gets 10% of the vote something is terribly wrong.

To be honest, I didn't vote for Baugh for one reason and one reason only. He's already the punter and a DB on the team :ols:.

I lied, I didn't vote for Baugh for two reasons. The second is that I knew he'd get his votes anyways. I wanted to get my man Theismann a vote or two :)

There should be a way to put everyone who didn't vote for Sammy on "auto-ignore"

Except that means you didn't vote for the best football player of all time.

This isn't even close. Baugh is the best to ever play the game. And Sonny is one of them. If anyone else even gets 10% of the vote something is terribly wrong.

I didn't vote for them Baugh or Sonny because I was viewing it as not only their performance, but what the teams that they led did. I put more of an emphasis on how their teams did with them at the helm than I did personal accomplishments. Not saying it's the only way to judge, but it's how I did it.

Plus Baugh is on the team at punter and cornerback, and there are enough great qbs in Redskins history that we should get someone new up there.

Archived