Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Israel raids ships carrying aid to Gaza, killings civilians

WVUforREDSKINS

How many Israeli commandos died? If the answer is zero, then its obvious that they overreacted. How about using pepper spray or something?

That statement obviously shows that you havent watched the video. if you did you would have seen the palestains jump them as soon as they touched down, beating him and attacking him with weapons.

A person using a crowbar as a weapon doesn't have to be killed. How about shooting in the legs, for example. Or how about pepper spray? The commandos went for the kill, which is overdoing it.

Do you really think it's that easy? That simple? Wow.

If a mob of people are charging you, you think you have that kind of luxury? I think you have watched far too many movies.

That statement obviously shows that you havent watched the video. if you did you would have seen the palestains jump them as soon as they touched down, beating him and attacking him with weapons.

Israeli commandos suffered moderate to light injuries. Nothing serious happened to them. Also, the video you're talking about was provided by Israel. God knows what they edited.

Commandos boarding a ship with paintballs?

:ols: :ols: :ols: :ols:

Yeah, that seems a little incredible to me too. I don't know that I buy that. Still, I don't buy that if they felt threatened enough to shoot that they should go for the big toes.

First of all, were they Palestinians?

2nd The ship was in international waters outside of Israel's authority to blockade, exactly at what point do the people on the ship have the right to self defense from piracy?

If a mob of people are charging you, you think you have that kind of luxury? I think you have watched far too many movies.

When you are invading a ship like common pirates, you should expect to be resisted.

If Israeli commandos are supposed to be the best in the world, they should be able to do it.

Yeah, that seems a little incredible to me too. I don't know that I buy that. Still, I don't buy that if they felt threatened enough to shoot that they should go for the big toes.

I agree.

I don't think anyone in this thread has been a situation where they felt threatened by a mob. I honestly have no clue how I'd react. I do know that the survival instinct, better them then me, would kick in.

A person using a crowbar as a weapon doesn't have to be killed. How about shooting in the legs, for example. Or how about pepper spray? The commandos went for the kill, which is overdoing it.

If you read the article, they didnt authorize use of deadly force until, the palestinians started to take there guns from them.

When you are invading a ship like common pirates, you should expect to be resisted.
If Israeli commandos are supposed to be the best in the world, they should be able to do it.

These are your best answers? One expects Israel to not enforce its blockade and the other expects the commandos to be the Lone Ranger.

I don't think anyone in this thread has been a situation where they felt threatened by a mob. I honestly have no clue how I'd react. I do know that the survival instinct, better them then me, would kick in.

In a thread that touts the superiority of Israeli commandos we also have some who want to compare those commandos to average joes.:silly:

If you read the article, they didnt authorize use of deadly force until, the palestinians started to take there guns from them.

So you're telling me that Israeli soldiers weren't carrying paintball guns only. That's not how Israel portrayed it.

These are your best answers? One expects Israel to not enforce its blockade and the other expects the commandos to be the Lone Ranger.

If Israeli soldiers were in such a life-threatening situation, then how come not even one commando died?

Israeli commandos suffered moderate to light injuries. Nothing serious happened to them. Also, the video you're talking about was provided by Israel. God knows what they edited.

Reports said they were being beat and stabbed, maybe thats light injuries on the mean streets of chantilly va. lol, but israel doesnt mess around, with weather or not people think they over-reacted, if they fear for there life they will put you down. End of story. I wish liberals in america protected its citizens like israel does theres.

Reports said they were being beat and stabbed, maybe thats light injuries on the mean streets of chantilly va. lol, but israel doesnt mess around, with weather or not people think they over-reacted, if they fear for there life they will put you down. End of story. I wish liberals in america protected its citizens like israel does theres.

Yet, none of them died. All deaths were from the activist side.

First of all, were they Palestinians?

2nd The ship was in international waters outside of Israel's authority to blockade, exactly at what point do the people on the ship have the right to self defense from piracy?

Honostly im not sure about that. It sounds like it was multitude of people, some from turkey some palestine i believe, and some from europe it sounded like and al jazeera.

Thats why i have said im not sure israel is in the right here, im just defending that they were attacked first. Personally i think the whole damn area is crazy. Theres no winners here.

2 werds

International Waters

Your Freudian slip betrays you.

Honestly, I am ill at ease defending this, but I can understand the mentality behind it. I think Israel fell into someone's trap. Worse, people died probably unnecessarily.

I do believe that you are attacked that you defend yourself. That the soldiers protected themselves when threatened isn't the sin here. The problem is that there are too many sins to count. If you want to count how many people have blood on their hands, look at everyone involved.

Thats why i have said im not sure israel is in the right here, im just defending that they were attacked first. Personally i think the whole damn area is crazy. Theres no winners here.

The question is how can you defend that they were attacked first when they illegally boarded a sovereign vessel in international waters beyond the authority of the blockade? At what point is Israel the aggressor?

Your Freudian slip betrays you.

I guess I don't see it. :whoknows:

Honestly, I am ill at ease defending this, but I can understand the mentality behind it. I think Israel fell into someone's trap. Worse, people died probably unnecessarily.

Agreed Israel played into their hands...and yes people died unnecessarily.

I do believe that you are attacked that you defend yourself. That the soldiers protected themselves when threatened isn't the sin here.

I'm not sure if you're defending Israel here or those on the ship.

The problem is that there are too many sins to count. If you want to count how many people have blood on their hands, look at everyone involved.

Agreed, but it has yet to be established that the people on the ship were guilty of anything prior to being boarded illegally.

Archived