Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Israel raids ships carrying aid to Gaza, killings civilians

WVUforREDSKINS

I expect far more civilian deaths from Israel's cluster bombs.

Your telling me if palestinians had a nuke they wouldnt set it off in the middle of israel. They are all crazy over there, muslims want jerusalem and wont stop till ever its theirs or everyone is dead.

Your telling me if palestinians had a nuke they wouldnt set it off in the middle of israel. They are all crazy over there, muslims want jerusalem and wont stop till ever its theirs or everyone is dead.

Whereas the Israelis are willing to share it, right?

Pointing out that it's even possible (maybe even likely) that the Israelis were right.

My opinion? Both sides are well and generously endowed with Wrong. That's why I keep wondering if what's needed is for the US to attempt to become the moderate.

Although, I'm also remembering this:

The_Draw2.jpg

Recalling an article I read a long time back saying that, for police officers, the most dangerous type of call they respond to (as in: The call with the highest chance of the officer getting killed) was "domestic dispute".

Sticking your nose in between two people who are fighting each other, in their own home, often results in both of them attacking you.

I expect far more civilian deaths from Israel's cluster bombs.

Dear God would the both of you two stop with these grossly overly inflated generalizations of the situation. Slinging these around doesn't further the discussion, and it makes you both look extremely ignorant of the reality over there that neither side is wearing a white hat, and not ALL Muslims in the ME want all Jews dead or pushed into the sea.

The only reason Israel has not used its nukes is because it has been able to carry out its terrorism with conventional weapons.

They are far more morally bankrupt than anyone.

I have to wonder about people that seem to think one side in the Israel/Palestine situation is good and the other evil. If you objectively look at this you see a lot of bad all over the place and it's easy to see that the situation is not sustainable. Both sides do things that would, anywhere on the planet, lead to violence.

The US needs to get out of this and tell both sides "good luck"

The only reason Israel has not used its nukes is because it has been able to carry out its terrorism with conventional weapons.

They are far more morally bankrupt than anyone.

If they were morally bankrupt or terrorists, they would have come in guns blazing, which isnt the case, or just blown up the ship like north korea did. You dont use logic to draw your conclusion, your biasness clouds your judgement.

If they were morally bankrupt or terrorists, they would have come in guns blazing, which isnt the case, or just blown up the ship like north korea did. You dont use logic to draw your conclusion, your biasness clouds your judgement.

Killing 10 people in a raid is coming in guns blazing.

They have blown up ships, hospitals, schools, sanitation facilities and countless other targets in the past.

I am not biased. I am informed.

This is such a typical ES Israel/Palestine thread... There is a incident, a lot of back and forth making points and counter points that have nothing to do with the real issues, Ryman of the North saying something stupid, and me disagreeing with everyone...

On that note...

I have been following this aid mission since it was first being put together and I have been following the steps the Israeli government has been making in counter measures to this mission. The propaganda coming out of Israel has been unusually beyond ridiculous in this case. The closer it came to the launch date to set sail, the more Israel would come out with press releases making claims that there really is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza at all so the mission can only logically be seen as intentional provocation politically. I would like to point out that the only entity that doesn't think there is a humanitarian crisis in Gaza is Israel so it doesn't really allow you to give them the benefit of the doubt for the casual observor. I really hope everyone else isn't so stupid as to think that Israel's assertion is reality. Israel also issues press releases mentioning a new olympic swimming pool and high class resturant in Gaza, leading everyone to belive that if this is the case then how could there be a crisis, but in a video issued there is a shot of Mahmoud Abbas in the back... He hasn't been in Gaza since 2005... You do the math...

Israel doesn't allow foreign journalists to enter Gaza and if you ask me my personal opinion I would tell you that the reason this incident happened was because under no circumstance could 600 pro-Palestinian activists be allowed to see first hand the actual situation on the ground. Israel would never be able to keep that information hush hush afterwards. Did you watch the press conference by the Israeli official who made claims that the activists were Hamas affiliates? He said they had known ties to Islamic Jihad and Al-Qaeda as well... Please tell me you don't actually believe that nonsense...

The ships were boarded when they were in international waters which is illegal, the Israeli blockade of Gaza is..... guess.... Illegal..... ! The counter argument Israel is giving is that even though they boarded outside their waters they have the right because of security concerns.... That would be logical... but here's an important point that's left out... Gaza is not legally a part of Israel...

I have no problem with the existance of Israel... Israel's problem is that they don't control all the land yet that they have wanted since day 1 back in 1948 so they are purposefully making life as hard as possible for the Palestinians so they will either die or give up and leave... All the rocket attacks and suicide bombings are the result of this process...Imagine a scenario where your life was so bad that the only thing you could do to get back at the people responsible for ruining your life is to blow yourself up and take some of them with you... It would almost seem as if it would be so bad it couldnt be feasibly imagined... well it's real and it's the everyday life of each Palestinian...

Disgusting... simply disgusting....

Then surely you will admit that the Palestinians aren't innocent in this dance.

Absolutely. They are just far poorer and victimized far more disproportionately.

The belief in God is the root cause of this situation.

Followers of one story about an imaginary friend versus followers of another story of an imaginary friend.

The belief in God is the root cause of this situation.

Oh good grief....I'm done with you now.

BTW, Stalinist Russia was atheistic right? Wonder what other excuse you'll dig up for that little fiasco. I guess Stalin secretly believed in God which is why he killed 10 million of his own people.

Oh good grief....I'm done with you now.

BTW, Stalinist Russia was atheistic right? Wonder what other excuse you'll dig up for that little fiasco. I guess Stalin secretly believed in God which is why he killed 10 million of his own people.

If he believed in God, he may have killed 20 million.

I have to wonder about people that seem to think one side in the Israel/Palestine situation is good and the other evil. If you objectively look at this you see a lot of bad all over the place and it's easy to see that the situation is not sustainable. Both sides do things that would, anywhere on the planet, lead to violence.

The US needs to get out of this and tell both sides "good luck"

I have written several papers in college. Mostly about the fence Israel wanted to build.

I argued the Palestinian point of view and the Israeli point of view. This is so highly complex that it will never lead to peace, at least I don't see how.

I also wish the U.S. would stay the **** out of these things. Which I think Obama is doing. Bush did that too, to an extent.

Israel has peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan, and was on good terms with Turkey. Now, that is shattered.

Any opinions on the proposal I made? Basically having the US provide the Palestinians with a way to bypass Israel (but only under US supervision)?

I know that it looks to me like one of those "too simple to work in the real world" things. But is it worth trying?

Any opinions on the proposal I made? Basically having the US provide the Palestinians with a way to bypass Israel (but only under US supervision)?

I know that it looks to me like one of those "too simple to work in the real world" things. But is it worth trying?

There are a lot of powerful Jews in the U.S. I think (and I could be fully wrong) that they have a lot of money and influence and they would not like this at all, and that is why it hasn't been done.

But, that may just be pure speculation.

I'm all for it Larry.

America has not tried to starve 1.5 million people under its decades long occupation unlike Israel is doing in Gaza.

no it was actually in the several millions, perhaps study your own history before ranting about Israel. seriously you sound like a typical left wing university kid who hasnt actually read a book.

They have blown up ships, hospitals, schools, sanitation facilities and countless other targets in the past.

If thats what you call informed then your definition of informed is very very skewed, killing 10 people in a raid is far from guns blazing when had they wanted to Israel could have simply sunk EVERY SINGLE SHIP IN THAT CONVOY IN SECONDS. The very argumnets you make defeat your own point of view, its too bad you lack any sort of logic.

Fact one Israel has declared a blockade, this means any ships trying to break the blockade are fair game.

Fact Two, PROTESTERS are one thing, idiots purposefully putting themselves in harms way are no longer protesters they are entering a combat zone deliberately.

Fact three while we may not agree with the blockade WE dont make Israels policy, and unless our countries want to openly defy this blockade we have no business worrying about it.

Fact four, from VIDEO evidence that is being released even now it shows that the israelis were boarding to search for weapons when the arabs on the boats opened hostilities, the israelis then fired back and instead of a boarding situation it became a raid. I wonder iof the arabs will let independant observers search for weapons on those boats now?

You obviously didn't see the video looking down from the helicopter.

They were jumped as they hit the ship from the ropes.

Guns blazing alright :)

America has not tried to starve 1.5 million people under its decades long occupation unlike Israel is doing in Gaza.

Native Americans would beg to differ, but I suspect you have your ears closed to everything but what you want to hear.

Archived