Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Israel raids ships carrying aid to Gaza, killings civilians

WVUforREDSKINS

Civilians who intentionally put themselves in harms way are no longer civilians, just as civilians who attack soldiers are no longer civilians.

While I agree that putting ones self in direct harms way is very risky, I have a hard time accepting your initial statement above.

Civilians who protest something are still civilians.

When they take up arms and attack soldiers, I agree that they have become combatants.

I am unsure of what they are if they attempt to defend themselves against unlawful attack (i.e. within International waters, at a peaceful and lawful assembly at which soldiers attack them).

oh I see, it's all about intent. nothing to see here folks, move along. Israel is innocent.

Not saying that either, but we always have differentiated self-defense from homocide.

And honestly, I'm a little uncomfortable with this definition of self-defense as it is a bit too easy to get away with... but I bet that they had strong intel suggesting that the PR hit and the potential innocent lives lost were worth the risk given what they thought was on the boat.

Israel has not.

If you are implying that you think people who tie explosives to their backs for the purpose of blowing up as many people as they can is an act of self-defense... I disagree.

Then again, I'm not sure what you're inferring using such an expansive and comprehensive rebuttle.

If you are implying that you think people who tie explosives to their backs for the purpose of blowing up as many people as they can is an act of self-defense... I disagree.

Then again, I'm not sure what you're inferring using such an expansive and comprehensive rebuttle.

Israel has carried out the systematic murder of civilians for decades.

They are a terrorist state.

Not saying that either, but we always have differentiated self-defense from homocide.

And honestly, I'm a little uncomfortable with this definition of self-defense as it is a bit too easy to get away with... but I bet that they had strong intel suggesting that the PR hit and the potential innocent lives lost were worth the risk given what they thought was on the boat.

It sounds like simple harassment that got out of hand when some people fought back. But, still early. I don't see it getting any better for Israel though.

As for some notable reactions that quite frankly have more credibility than the US, Israel, or any middle eastern country, doesn't look good.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/05/31/gaza.protest/index.html?hpt=T1

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Monday he was "shocked by reports of killing of people in boats carrying supplies to Gaza. I condemn the violence and Israel must explain."

The Spanish and French governments called the action "disproportionate." The Italian foreign minister asked the European Union to investigate, and several nations, including Greece and Sweden, were summoning their Israeli ambassadors.

An indignant Turkey recalled its ambassador from Israel, canceled three planned military exercises with the Israeli military and called home its youth national football team, which had two games scheduled in Israel, said Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc.

I think Israel has really ****ed themselves here.

Israel has carried out the systematic murder of civilians for decades.

They are a terrorist state.

Maybe because their "neighbors" are such good examples?

Arab states' crimes against Palestinians: For years, they've kept the people dispossessed

The refusal of most Arab governments to grant basic legal rights to Palestinian residents who are born in and die in their countries, combined with periodic mass expulsions of entire Palestinian communities, eerily parallels the treatment of Jews in medieval Europe. According to the UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, states "shall as far as possible facilitate the assimilation and naturalization of refugees" and "make every effort to expedite naturalization proceedings."

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/10/13/2009-10-13_arab_states_crimes_against_palestinians.html#ixzz0jJKHTNqL

From this new video footage it does look like palestinians attacked israel commandoes first as they dropped onto the ship. If israel came in attacking there would have been alot more dead people. Im not really condoning the attack on the ship, but its a tough situation over there. So i dont know its a tough call.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/israeli-defense-forces-release-video-violence-aboard-turkish-ship

Maybe because their "neighbors" are such good examples?

Arab states' crimes against Palestinians: For years, they've kept the people dispossessed

The refusal of most Arab governments to grant basic legal rights to Palestinian residents who are born in and die in their countries, combined with periodic mass expulsions of entire Palestinian communities, eerily parallels the treatment of Jews in medieval Europe. According to the UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, states "shall as far as possible facilitate the assimilation and naturalization of refugees" and "make every effort to expedite naturalization proceedings."

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/10/13/2009-10-13_arab_states_crimes_against_palestinians.html#ixzz0jJKHTNqL

Do you even realize how stupidly hypocritical this example is?

There are millions of Palestinians under Israeli occupation. Israel should be the ones naturalizing them and giving them a voice, but they can't have that.

It is far worse than South Africa was under apartheid. At least South Africa had some sense of morality. Israel's government is headed by terrorists.

From this new video footage it does look like palestinians attacked israel commandoes first as they dropped onto the ship. If israel came in attacking there would have been alot more dead people. Im not really condoning the attack on the ship, but its a tough situation over there. So i dont know its a tough call.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/israeli-defense-forces-release-video-violence-aboard-turkish-ship

Israel's action is tantamount to piracy.

What do Israel's neighbors have to with this conversation? It seems like you go off topic quite a bit.
Seems like how Palestinins are treated was brought up

Seems like being "Savages and Murderers" is a Human Rights issue

Seems like the left avoids mentioning Arab issues with Palestinians

They have a right to defend themselves, Lol america's had many blockades, does that make us pirates no. Your not using logic to come to your conclusions.

America has not tried to starve 1.5 million people under its decades long occupation unlike Israel is doing in Gaza.

Seems like how Palestinins are treated was brought up

Seems like being "Savages and Murderers" is a Human Rights issue

Seems like the left avoids mentioning Arab issues with Palestinians

There is no right or left here. The reason the Palestinians fled to the other Arab states is because they were murdered, terrorised and expelled by Israel.

Do you support the naturalization of Mexican immigrants who crossed the border illegally into the United States? If not, then you are a hypocrite for having that expectation of the Arab states with Palestinians.

Sending commandos on a ship in international waters and killing 10, I would definitely called that "attacking."

America has not tried to starve 1.5 million people under its decades long occupation unlike Israel is doing in Gaza.
Maybe its about the Palestinian DIET?

Israel intercepts potassium nitrate smuggled in EU humanitarian aid package

In a joint IDF and ISA operation several weeks ago, a truck was caught at one of the crossing points in Judea and Samaria carrying approximately 6.5 tons of potassium nitrate. The potassium nitrate was disguised in sugar bags, and was intended for use by terrorists in the Gaza Strip. It was Communicated by the IDF Spokesman.

idfpotasnitrate.jpg

Potassium nitrate is a banned substance in the Gaza Strip and the Judea and Samaria region due to its use by terrorists for the manufacturing of explosives and Kassam rockets.

The terror organizations disguised the potassium nitrate in sugar bags that were marked as being part of the humanitarian aid provided by the European Union. This is another example of how the terror organizations exploit the humanitarian aid that is delivered to the Palestinian population in the Gaza Strip with Israel’s approval.

http://frontierindia.net/israel-intercepts-potassium-nitrate-smuggled-in-eu-humanitarian-aid-package

Eat less Sugar I say

Too many BOMBS for breakfast

......Do you support the naturalization of Mexican immigrants who crossed the border illegally into the United States? If not, then you are a hypocrite for having that expectation of the Arab states with Palestinians.
Nope

I support both sides of the story being told

and since you brought up Mexico, the hypocracy is in the Mexican President TREATING HIS "VISITORS" WORSE, and telling us we are wrong....kinda like the Arab states

Nope

I support both sides of the story being told

and since you brought up Mexico, the hypocracy is in the Mexican President TREATING HIS "VISITORS" WORSE, and telling us we are wrong....kinda like the Arab states

In this context we are the Arab state with the large refugees/illegal immigrant population, yet your expectation of the Arab states is far different than when it hits closer to home. What a shock. Hypocrisy at its finest.

In this context we are the Arab state with the large refugees/illegal immigrant population, yet your expectation of the Arab states is far different than when it hits closer to home. What a shock. Hypocrisy at its finest.
True

I shouldn't expect much from Arab States

Archived