Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post: Snyder: "Washington deserves a Super Bowl"

MattFancy

the recent court decision regarding the NFL antitrust issues will have an effect in making the Cowboys, Redskins and other aggressive teams more profitable in merchandising at the expense of those teams that are in smaller, regional markets, etc.

at some point Washington will get a Super Bowl, but again there are pre-conditions the team will need to meet.

What's the big problem w the stadium? Having been to it and several others, I don't see how its soooo much worse than any other. Traffic does suck, but its that way anyplace you have a 80k+ seat stadium. The traffic sucks bc the freeways suck. How is that the stadiums fault? The gameday atmosphere? Crappy team + fair weather fans or no-show fans brings it down as well. Maybe its just me, but I don't see how the stadium is soooo awful. Sometimes I think people complain about anything just bc they enjoy it and are never satisfied with anything :/

FedEx is a Mecca compared to the stadium in Miami and they have held it there numerous times. Stadium quality is not a major factor.

I don't think Miami is that bad compared to Fedex and certainly the weather and the south beach attractions are tops over DC. And sorry but this weather discussion for the SB is lame. The two teams that made it that far should be able to play a clean game in nominal weather. The fans want to be somewhere nice, remember these are hardly real fans anyway. This is all about money and not weather, take that to the bank-and they are.

This is the only time I would not want to see weather drastically effect the game, and I hate indoor stadiums.

I see replies talking about how real fans don't go and it is all corporate and whatnot, but DC is the Lobbying Capital of the world. I can see some conversations from lobbyist on K St right now. Offering up Super Bowl tickets to the big shots lol.......

It will suck to have one, OH BOY WILL IT SUCK TO HAVE ONE, as far as my fellow DMVians go. But I am just saying that DC is not a bad place to host a Super Bowl. Even though that Super Storm kills any thing I talk about.

I'd LOVE to see Washington DC finally host a Super Bowl. You guys are crazy for not wanting to see that. Wouldn't it make you proud to see a HUGE Super Bowl party in DC? And have the country focused on OUR stadium? Yea, it's not brand new... but we're there until at least 2027 or 2028 (30 year contract).

It'd be great for DC and for Redskins Nation! And what if the Redskins were PLAYING in the game?! Bring on Super Bowl 50!!!

It's silly that people think the weather does not come into play in warm weather cities. It's not like it can't pour down rain during the whole game. Wasn't it rainy during the Colts-Bears Super Bowl?

The whole season is played in the elements so why shouldn't the championship game? It's not like the baseball playoffs get switched to a warm city when it's 20 degrees in Chicago or NY in October.

Fed EX wouldn't be so bad if they got rid of those awful seats under the box seats man I was so pumped for my first game at Fed Ex on Monday Night Football vs the steelers we where looking so good going into that game........then I get there..... dumb roof was in the way .....giant pillar was in the way.....team was god awful .....such a disappointment

I dont understand how u can sell those seats .........I went to my first Penn State game the next year and my seats where great even though they where high up.....that stadium holds 110,000 so it can be done

Yes DC does deserve a Super Bowl as it's the nation's capital...but does Landover? :) In all seriousness the stadium needs alot of work before it can host an SB. Most recent ones have been in brand or fairly new stadiums. Fedex is a POS compared to them.

I wonder if Snyder's main reason for the big screens were to appease the fans or help improve the stadium in hopes to host the big one.

We're stuck there for years to come anyways as the loan for it isn't paid off. Might as well put some money into it now that the cost of new HD Jumbo screens are reasonable. I can see Dan putting some money into FedEx each offseason to try to improve the game day experience since we're going to be there for a long time.
Sigh.

I guess it was just wishful thinking, I used to love the idea of going to a Redskins game but the game experience at FedEx is just awful, especially compared to college games.

I guess I was hoping Snyder would see the errors of his ways, pay off the loans and blow that monstrous failure to the ground.

Oh well, I'll live with a crappy stadium if we start winning :)

Yup, got 17 years left on the lease. My personal prediction, based on nothing, is that 7-8 years from now we'll hear grumblings of a new stadium at the RFK site and a new place will go up within 12 years

1)FedEx does suck

Building it where there was no Metro rail was the death of that stadium no matter how it looked.

2)It's not in DC like it should have been,so stop calling it "IN DC!"

Thank all those politicians for screwing Jack over on that one.

3)I'm more than willing to bet most owners hate DS and wouldnt lift a finger to help him in any way shape or form.

DS has jacked up prices on Coach's and players way to many times and it does piss the other owners off.

4)It's more about infrastructure than it is the stadium.You can't get a SB if your town can't support the amount of people coming to it.

With that said,

I do believe it would be incredible for the VA,MD,DC area to get a SB.The amount of money that thing brings in is staggering and one would have to think that an American History theme for the half-time show would just simply be amazing.

Can't you just picture a Sherman and an M1A1 Abrams on the field firing blanks into the air.

And the fly-by?

I vision the sky turning black from all the Military aircraft.

My opinion has always been the same

The Superbowl should ALWAYS be in the sunbelt

Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Arizona, LA, San Diego

Great weather in February, parties, chicks in bikini's, Superbowl week.

Not in Washington. Washington in February sucks

I think your opinion sucks.

:silly:

The Superbowl should ALWAYS be about football. Not chicks in bikinis, parties and weather. Football.

What is wrong with Fed Ex people?? The stadium is not even 15 years old yet.... It looks great on TV and worlds apart from Texas Stadium, The Vet, and the old Meadowlands Stadium. Yea we've got the oldest stadium in the division now, but we got a new stadium first! I just dont understand the big hang up that fans have about Fed Ex Field?

I just dont understand the big hang up that fans have about Fed Ex Field?

Check out our record since we moved in. RFK wasn't exactly Caesar's Palace either, by we won Super Bowls during our time there. If we're winning, the stadium has "character," but if we're losing, it's a dump. I like FedEx for the most part... and with a few subtle aesthetic changes and a winning team it'd probably be a great stadium.

Archived