Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Blog: ExtremeSkins Turns 10; See How They Felt Pre-2001 Draft

TSO

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/05/13/extremeskins-turns-10-see-how-they-felt-pre-2001-draft/#continued

Today marks the tenth birthday of ExtremeSkins, the Official Message Board of the Washington Redskins. It's not the tenth birthday of their Officialness, which came a few years later; instead it's the tenth anniversary of when the domain name was first registered. Which is as good a definition of a "birthday" for a website as anything else would be.

The folks at ExtremeSkins have already written an exceedingly comprehensive history of their board, but I thought for the tenth anniversary it might be fun to dig up one of the first threads on the board, get a sense of what the discussion was ten years ago.

It didn't quite work out, because Archive.org doesn't have anything saved for www.extremeskins.com as far back as 2000. But they do have stuff from 2001, so I semi-arbitrarily selected the thread "What Players Do You Least Want?" to pull from. I figure that as a pre-draft thread, it was still taking place during the site's first NFL year of existence, and it seemed the likeliest to yield some ironic-in-retrospect posts.

And it didn't disappoint.

Click link up top to continue reading. Bulldogs post is particularly hilarious. :ols:

I don't think I was even a lurker back then but I can say that I remember wanting a receiver with the first pick and any of the big 3 would do (Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner or Santana Moss) but like some of the folks in the thread highlighted, I too was concerned that Moss would be another Desmond Howard.

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/05/13/extremeskins-turns-10-see-how-they-felt-pre-2001-draft/#continued

Click link up top to continue reading. Bulldogs post is particularly hilarious. :ols:

That's hilarious. Bulldog's post is exactly OPPOSITE of what really happened. Worried about Drew Brees, Santana Moss, and Ladanian Tomlinson being any good while thinking Fred Smoot is great. Too funny. Now the Fred Smoot thing. I really liked him as a player but Champ Bailey, he was not.

Take it easy on bulldog, guys, we've all been dead wrong about a player before, lol.

I'm so sure Kareem Moore is going to be great for us, and we all know how that could turn out.

Wow, I'm only laughing b/c I've made similar posts in the past, but dam :ols: :ols:

Same here. I've been known to utter such gems as "Marshall Faulk is too small to play in the NFL." And, "Don't take Peyton Manning. Tennessee QBs blow."

:ols:

I think what makes bulldog's post especially hilarious is how many times he was wrong in just a couple sentences, lol! Where you at bulldog, you need to take your ribbing. :pfft:

Really though, bulldog is more often spot on than not in my opinion. I enjoy his posts.

I just realized; these threads are so much fun that someone needs to take the initiative and make it a weekly one or something. Like a weekly thread titled "This Week in ES Posts Ten Years Ago". Or even a monthly one would do if I'm being too greedy. :D

I just realized; these threads are so much fun that someone needs to take the initiative and make it a weekly one or something. Like a weekly thread titled "This Week in ES Posts Ten Years Ago". Or even a monthly one would do if I'm being too greedy. :D

LOL it'd be hard to top this, but knowing us, there are some pretty funny things that have been buried over the years; I'd be on board with this suggestion.

That's a great idea. We can call it 10 years ago today..... I was a lurker at the end of 2002 and joined in the summer of 2003 and yes, this board has come a long way. I am still a fan of the days pre merger, but somethings are much better than what they used to be.

That's a great idea. We can call it 10 years ago today..... I was a lurker at the end of 2002 and joined in the summer of 2003 and yes, this board has come a long way. I am still a fan of the days pre merger, but somethings are much better than what they used to be.

Call it "When you were young and stupid.................or drunk"

Hey, I'm the one that thought Marcus Monk was gonna be an NFL star.

And that QB from Ohio State- can't remember his name- I was convinced he'd be a first round pick :doh:

(he's with the Ravens. Dam whats his name)

Archived