Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Medical Marijuana ( And quesions will be answered)

HoggLife

It could also make you incredibly paranoid and make your mind race 10x's the normal rate and keep you up all night.

Very common with marijuana. Of course you don't read that in the "it's the wonder drug" literature.

This is not true in any way Zoony. I highly respect you but this is 100% wrong. Now it is true that there are thousands of different strains and different strains do different things. There are strains you use during the day to help you in the day and still be active and alert and there are strains to use at night that one hit and you will sleep like a baby.

Oh, nobody's pissed off, don't flatter yourself. I just think the whole thing is absurd.

Go smoke a joint, I don't care. Just don't tell me it's wonder weed.

if I upset you Im sorry Zoony. Like I said I highly respect you. I just think its funny how people attack Medical marijuana and dont talk about the ones that use it for religious purposes. So people have the freedom of religion but not freedom of getting help with a medicine that makes their life better. Like i said before I dont smoke on a daily basis. 1-3 times a year and I havent smoked once this year yet ( I did eat an edible twice this year though). And Im not saying it a wonder drug Im just saying if it helps someone have a better life then they should be able to make the choice to use it or not. Whats the difference from having the choice to use alcohol?

if I upset you Im sorry Zoony. Like I said I highly respect you. I just think its funny how people attack Medical marijuana and dont talk about the ones that use it for religious purposes. So people have the freedom of religion but not freedom of getting help with a medicine that makes their life better. Like i said before I dont smoke on a daily basis. 1-3 times a year and I havent smoked once this year yet ( I did eat an edible twice this year though). And Im not saying it a wonder drug Im just saying if it helps someone have a better life then they should be able to make the choice to use it or not. Whats the difference from having the choice to use alcohol?

For the nth time nobody is upset. It's just a message board where we share opinions, not a big deal.

so mj cured your wife's brain tumor huh?

I guess I should have wrote that better. She took medication for it and had no results. She then stopped taking the medication and started using Marijuana and it is 100% gone. There have been many cases of marijuana curing Tumors and so we "think" this is the reason. I am not a doctor and can be wrong. She had a tumor on her patuatary gland? Im not sure if I wrote that right. Anyways we were very stressed about it for a couple years but are worry free now cause it is gone.

Marijuana affects people differently. If you aren't used to smoking it then chances are it will hit you hard and you might become paranoid/mind race/ etc.

I officially quit yesterday, only because I need to get a job. That is my only incentive. I don't trust those system cleansers or Niacin or any of that. Only way to be sure is to quit. Then once I get a job it's right back to puffing!

Zoon sometimes when writing stuff people dont read it like you mean to write it. Me and my wife have gotten in many of fights over text messages taken the wrong way. So I just make sure to apologize if I feel I might upset someone.

Did you happen to watch the video of the lady with tourettes???

It's not a wonder drug. Let me tell me what I've figured out there ARE NO wonder drugs. It helps people sleep, endure pain, stop twitching around like a fish on a boat deck, etc (least that's what it does for me) and causes relatively little harm in the process. There's something a little wonderful about that to me. I much prefer it to the percocets, which I am prescribed more of than I could ever take. But sometimes they too are necessary despite the nasty side effects they have. A days supply of perc's cost me about $1.00 a days supply of good herb costs me about $20.00. Once is grown in Asia somewhere and manufactured by lord knows how many different companies before I get it. The other grows in my back yard if I want it to.

It's not a panacea but don't sell it short till you've experienced the relief it can provide. I don't like Phish, I like Merle Haggard.

:ols: no I didn't just smoke.

Maybe I will get my name changed to Hogleg.

LOL you're killing me. Me and my couusin talked about this all night laughing wondering how and why you came up with Hoggleg? What does it mean??? LOL:ols:

LOL I actually have a picture of me and some friends smoking one of those. I had one of those old Cheech and Chong albums that came with the big paper. It was a quarter pound joint with a 33 gram roach. I ran into B-Legit when he was signing at Tower Records in Sacramento and had him sign it LOL. This was about 8 years ago.

Ya think.

I loved his assertion that I'm stalking him though that was classic, :ols: being that I didn't even recognize his name 'til I saw this thread.

It must be the side affects from the marijuana making me paranoid buddy. Did you google my name or look to see if you can find where I live. I getting a moving truck and moving out right now! I wont be online for awhile due to moving guys sorry!

It could also make you incredibly paranoid and make your mind race 10x's the normal rate and keep you up all night.

Very common with marijuana. Of course you don't read that in the "it's the wonder drug" literature.

Sure, any drug can have negative effects. It's why my doctor gave me a sample of Ambien and a sample of Lunesta. Try both, see what works for you.

Sure, any drug can have negative effects. It's why my doctor gave me a sample of Ambien and a sample of Lunesta. Try both, see what works for you.

I don't want to get into a debate about how common it is for pot to cause excessive paranoia... we've been down that road before too many times...

but it is very common. :D

I mean, I'm just thinking back to college. I think I knew one person who wasn't a paranoid freak. Just my opinion but I think the small percentage of people who can regularly use marijuana and avoid those side effects are the ones who end up being lifetime smokers.

An unfiltered cigarette has about 200 known carcinogens in it. Cigarette smoke is much deadlier than marijuana smoke

Whatever you do though, do NOT be both a weed smoker and cigarette smoker -- this goes especially to those that like european-style spliffs that mix tobacco and marijuana. You are 25 TIMES more likely to contract lung cancer if you smoke mix the two compared to only smoking cigarettes, according to a BMJ article that I read a few years back.

This is not true in any way Zoony. I highly respect you but this is 100% wrong. Now it is true that there are thousands of different strains and different strains do different things. There are strains you use during the day to help you in the day and still be active and alert and there are strains to use at night that one hit and you will sleep like a baby.

Actually it is kind of true. Weed has made me and friends "paranoid" before. It's not as bad as the word paranoid makes it sound though. What you said about there being different strains, Out here in VA, we don't have dispensaries where we can pick from different strains. It's just whatever kinds the local guy has at the time.

I don't want to get into a debate about how common it is for pot to cause excessive paranoia... we've been down that road before too many times...

but it is very common.

From my understanding and experiance, people can become "paranoid" and/or have an accelerated heart rate when they smoke too much canibus at one time.

Ofcourse you cannot overdose on weed to a fatal degree, but it is essentially OD'ing. Crack kills, Weed makes you feel bad.

When this happens, the best thing to do is to occupy your mind. Listen to music, Play Madden, Play Chess, Clean.... Homework, anything engaging will usually work. If you focus on how high you are then your paranoia will get worse.

but it is very common. :D

I mean, I'm just thinking back to college. I think I knew one person who wasn't a paranoid freak. Just my opinion but I think the small percentage of people who can regularly use marijuana and avoid those side effects are the ones who end up being lifetime smokers.

My friend had this issue... becoming paranoid, increased heart rate, etc. He loved smoking pot so much he went to the doctor and discussed it with him. Turns out, he had trouble regulating his Blood Glucose levels. I think his explanation was that if your glucose levels drop fast enough your body will release adrenaline, which then increases paranoia, heart rate, etc.

Everyone knows the weed makes you hungry right? You crave the snack cakes and all that? Your Glucose levels are fluctuating. Maybe you haven't eaten recently and you decide to smoke?... you would probably be more likely to become paranoid etc.

Knowing this, whenever someone complains or starts feeling paranoid I suggest they eat something sweet and it typically works.

Archived