Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dennis Morris a TE (likely drafted at FB) in the 6th? (merged)

Drexen Del'Sangre

No big deal. Here is how I see our draft so far:

Rd. 1: Trent Williams OT

Rd. 2: Donovan McNabb QB

Rd. 3: Jeremy Jarmon DE

Rd. 4: Perry Riley LB

Rd. 5: Traded to Miami

Rd. 6: Dennis Morris TE

Not a bad draft at all !!!!!!

Don't forget we moved around the 5th round for Adam Carriker (spelled wrong)

I'm sick of this draft analysis. You know nothing of the team's intentions as far as how people would fit with us, but you automatically say that this guy won't fit in.

What talents does this guy possess that makes him fit/not fit in this system? Answer- "Uhhh, he's a tight end":drooley:

Did they let Vinny run the draft? I don't get why we pick another TE when we have two quality ones. I rather take a chance on LaGarrett Blount RB Oregon than another TE. Come on Allen stop making these stupid trades that aren't going to help this team win. Hello top 10 pick next year.

looks more like a receiving FB, which works with Shanny's scheme.

anybody feel like pulling up scouting reports or at least waiting to see what this guy will be used for here and actually attempting to understand a move before flying off the handle like a nut? esp. over a 6th rounder

I agree, but don't you think we could have picked him later? Selvish Capers and some other linemen are still on the board.

looks more like a receiving FB, which works with Shanny's scheme.

anybody feel like pulling up scouting reports or at least waiting to see what this guy will be used for here and actually attempting to understand a move before flying off the handle like a nut? esp. over a 6th rounder

No... people are flying off of the handle because this is actually a terrible pick. We have Chris Cooley, Fred Davis, and Todd Yoder. Thats one of the best TE corps in the league. This is a horrible pick when we shouldve gone OL or at least a position of need! TE is where we have our most depth!

Think people

Morris is a fullback in the NFL.

THINK.

What system do we run? What position is actually used in it?

What position do we not have anyone at save Sellers, who's getting old?

Right. You're getting it.

Fine. Then he should've been signed as a UDFA. He wasn't gonna get picked by anyone else.

Only two of those guys may play this year. Both Jeremy and Adam are injured proned.

Yeah, but that's true of a lot of teams drafts. We were only gonna get so much out of this years draft with the few picks that we had. I'm glad we didn't force things and trade future picks to grab picks for this year. Rome wasn't built in a day and we made some major splashes this offseason with getting McNabb, Shanahan, LJ, Parker, Carraker, etc.....

Once we sign T.O., Flozell and Faneca we should be about done making moves!

I'm sick of this draft analysis. You know nothing of the team's intentions as far as how people would fit with us, but you automatically say that this guy won't fit in.

It has nothing to do with that. It's a TE. A Tight freaking End.

We have Cooley and Davis and another guy with NFL experience, and we take another?

Even if we did take him as a FB, which I think we did, we couldn't find a guy with similar talent in FA? Was he really worth a draft pick?

Archived