Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dennis Morris a TE (likely drafted at FB) in the 6th? (merged)

Drexen Del'Sangre

I'm laughing at this thread.

Someone actually suggested that we release Chris Cooley.

I thought about quoting them, but considering their serious mental incapacity I decided against it.

This guy is going to play FB, if anything...and lets be serious: In the 6th and 7th rounds you aren't exactly picking stars (Yes, I'm well aware where Tom Brady was selected, and there are a few others but they're anomalies).

I thought we drafted "Sellers' replacement" last year. I'm pretty sure 80 percent of what's being said in this thread was said when we drafted Eddie Williams(I think that's his name) instead of OL last draft.

I don't remember that... Eddie Williams didnt have any highlight reels... plus he was injured.

Vinny is just an idiot

Dude definitely looks like he has some potential from those videos. From his interview it looks like we told him he'd play H-back. Will be interesting to see how he develops and gets used and how it affects our roster.

We should also draft the video editor of the 2nd video for some redskins highlights this season.

Am I the only one who sees Mike Sellers as extremely underwhelming in regards to blocking? This guy looks like a wrecking ball and I love how he finishes his blocks and drives people back. Now, can he do that to defensive players in the NFL? I dunno. But the guy is a 6th round pick for crying out loud...Looks to be a potential force on ST at the very least.

I'm laughing at this thread.

Someone actually suggested that we release Chris Cooley.

I thought about quoting them, but considering their serious mental incapacity I decided against it.

This guy is going to play FB, if anything...and lets be serious: In the 6th and 7th rounds you aren't exactly picking stars (Yes, I'm well aware where Tom Brady was selected, and there are a few others but they're anomalies).

I'm pretty sure the guy was joking... if I'm wrong god help us.

yeah i mean its not a replacement for Cooley..........but cooley cant block!!! i hate to say " not like this kid" i haven't seen him play yet....but cmon Cooley aint the best TE ever!!! i like him but his hands aint good and he's not too good at blocking

yeah i mean its not a replacement for Cooley..........but cooley cant block!!! i hate to say " not like this kid" i haven't seen him play yet....but cmon Cooley aint the best TE ever!!! i like him but his hands aint good and he's not too good at blocking

Just in case you're serious about this idea...

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

Does Sellers have any trade value for future draft pick?

Sellers has also in my view gotten complacent. He's lost his edge, and his skills are in decline anyway. I wouldn't mind Morris beating him outright and Sellers being released.

Sellers is going to be 35 years old and he carries a big cap number for a fullback.

If his performance declines or he gets hurt, the team didn't have anyone to step up and play the position.

So, they drafted Morris.

You never want to be in the position the Redskins were in 2007 when they traded #3 and #4 picks during the season to the Jets for 34 year old guard Pete Kendall because there was no depth to cover injuries.

Exactly. If Morris can be molded into an effective blocker who catches a playaction pass in the flat once or twice a game, I think it's great value.

Morris is projected to be Mike Sellers replacement. This was a good move and we finally have a staff that is drafting depth.

I love the Austin and Capers picks in the 7th round. I don't know much about Cook. Capers projects to be a starting RT in a couple of years and Austin could be our new kick returner.

I think this one of Shanny's late round gems.

Never got invited to the combine.

Voted best TE in the nation by the non biased CFPA

Most TD's in the nation by a TE

Not only can he block like a monster but he also lines up everywhere--strong side , weak side, motion and even out wide.

This is a Peyton Hillis type pick by Shanny and co.

Man, I couldn't read half of these replies without rolling my eyes.

Did anyone else notice that Sellers is done and has nothing left in the tank? I'm guessing everyone likes him so much that they completely overlooked the fact that he has had his worst season since being a Redskin, got slow much quicker than Portis did, a player who many of you fans love to skewer at any possible chance, and a guy who even started to lose whatever "hands" he had in the receiving game. If the guy even comes close to pushing Sellers for playing time, it will be a fantastic pick as hes not just some Tweener TE which is the kind of pick most of you are whining about, he'd be a damn good blocking FB.

I wasn't sure about the Dennis Morris pick, but watching the highlights made a believer out of me! In one I saw he makes a sick catch against Kyle Wilson in 2009 for a TD. BTW, Wilson is the Jets 1st rounder this year.

This guy has great hands, instincts, gets separation in routes, is a beast after the catch, He blocks with power and tenacity. They used him in the backfield and split out as a wide out.

Sellers won't make it out of camp on the roster. Morris will be the starting FB this year.

A beast pick in the 6th round.

Archived