Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dennis Morris a TE (likely drafted at FB) in the 6th? (merged)

Drexen Del'Sangre

Fine. Then he should've been signed as a UDFA. He wasn't gonna get picked by anyone else.

As a tight end, sure. As a fullback prospect, he grades higher if you're a team which uses a fullback. At his size with those hands, he creates a weapon Sellers always thought he was, but never actually was.

Let me clarify one issue: TODD YODER is no longer on the active roster of the Washington Redskins. He is a 32 year old unrestricted free agent.

Shanahan brought in Sean Ryan, ex-Chiefs, to be the blocking TE at 260.

So, whatever Morris comes in to do, whether FB or TE, it won't be in addition to Yoder.

Yoder is OVER.

I like this pick. If you're in the 6th round and drafting for need at a position, you're pretty much screwed. You take the best football players available regardless of position and hope you catch that gem. As Art said above, a bowling ball that can catch. I like it.

Let me clarify one issue: TODD YODER is no longer on the active roster of the Washington Redskins. He is a 32 year old unrestricted free agent.

Shanahan brought in Sean Ryan, ex-Chiefs, to be the blocking TE at 260.

So, whatever Morris comes in to do, whether FB or TE, it won't be in addition to Yoder.

Yoder is OVER.

What the hell do you think you're doing actually knowing the roster before you comment? :ols:

I used to hear the same things about Beathard's drafts.

He traded a #1 pick for a #3 and two #5 picks in 1981 and everyone thought he was crazy........................

until his #3 became Russ Grimm and his first #5 became Dexter Manley :D

Yeah, but that's true of a lot of teams drafts. We were only gonna get so much out of this years draft with the few picks that we had. I'm glad we didn't force things and trade future picks to grab picks for this year. Rome wasn't built in a day and we made some major splashes this offseason with getting McNabb, Shanahan, LJ, Parker, Carraker, etc.....

Once we sign T.O., Flozell and Faneca we should be about done making moves!

So what you are telling me is it's the same old Redskins!?

why do people insist they know better when they don't have any clue what a team, any team is planning?

Not to endorse blind knee-jerk co-signing of everything every FO does, but it is quite the spectacle at times, isn't it? :D:ols:

No... people are flying off of the handle because this is actually a terrible pick. We have Chris Cooley, Fred Davis, and Todd Yoder. Thats one of the best TE corps in the league. This is a horrible pick when we shouldve gone OL or at least a position of need! TE is where we have our most depth!

We don't have Yoder.

Morris projects as a FB, according to reports, which is what I said. I actually looked at reports. You look at anything other than the position listed next to his name on ESPN? I doubt it, you and others just want to fly off the handle instead of considering, for a second, that Shanny and Co. know what the **** they are doing so there's actual reasoning behind the pick and we should try to see it instead of acting like it's just some dumb crazy pick with no logic at all, only because we don't understand it right away.

Archived