Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rams looking to trade 33rd Pick, is there anyone left that would justify a Skins trade?

#98QBKiller

Which OT will be regarded as having the better career? Trent Williams or Russell Okung  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Which OT will be regarded as having the better career? Trent Williams or Russell Okung

• Trent Williams
    • Russell Okung
    • Both will be regarded as quality offensive linemen
    • Both will be regarded as busts

The Rams are looking to trade out of the 33rd pick, is there anyone that would justify us using a combination of our 4th rounder and maybe a player to move up?

Most of the elite tackles are gone. I know Charles Brown and Bruce Campbell are there, do you think either of these guys is good enough to start at RT and if so, do you think it would be worth it?

Also, I wonder what it would take from us to get that pick if we wanted to move up?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/23/nfl.draft/index.html?eref=sihp

Mr. Thirty-Three.

The Rams are on the clock, but I don't think they want to be. They want to trade the next pick on the board, the 33rd overall, and I think they've got a chance to get a pretty good price after teams have a 19-hour break to figure out how much they want to pursue the pick.

I talked to four front-office types late last night and very early this morning and asked for candidates for that 33rd pick. There wasn't as much variation as I thought. Here's how the candidate list shapes up:

1. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas.

2. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.

3. Rodger Safford, T, Indiana.

4. Taylor Mays, S, USC.

5. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame.

6. Brian Price, DL, UCLA.

There was also some sentiment for Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap, Virginia cornerback Chris Cook, USC defensive end Everson Griffen, and USC tackle Charles Brown.

Complete list of best available prospects.

As of 12:30 a.m. Eastern time today, the Rams had gotten one serious phone call from an undisclosed team about the pick, and communicated with a few other teams by e-mail. GM Billy Devaney and COO Kevin Demoff will be back in the office at mid-morning today hoping some interested teams call. No telling how serious it'll get, but if last year's Jets' trade for the first pick of round three (the top pick of day two of the draft) is any indication, someone might pay a ransom for it. The Jets traded third-, fourth- and seventh-round picks to move up 11 spots for Shonn Greene. Hard to imagine the Rams won't do better here.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think AC and Rocky would be worth a high second... I might even be persuaded to throw in JC.

Actually, I think that's overpaying, but for some reason I don't think the NFL would agree.

AC, Rocky, and JC in St. Louis? Would AC be a good fit there (don't they already have two good DEs)?

I don't know how we'd get that pick without giving up a pick next year and I'm not sure it's worth it.

To answer your question though, I'm sure there are a ton of guys available that we could use to improve this team. I'd have to know what it would cost to move up in order to say if I thought it was worth it. Since the Rams WANT to trade the pick, that could help.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think AC and Rocky would be worth a high second... I might even be persuaded to throw in JC.

Actually, I think that's overpaying, but for some reason I don't think the NFL would agree.

I agree. I just wonder who would be worth it. I think if a top 3-4 tackle like Bulaga was still there it would definitely be worth it, or even Mike Iupati, I'm just not as familiar with Brown or Campbell, although they seem to receive high marks.

I agree. I just wonder who would be worth it. I think if a top 3-4 tackle like Bulaga was still there it would definitely be worth it, or even Mike Iupati, I'm just not as familiar with Brown or Campbell, although they seem to receive high marks.

almost every scouting report i read said Brown would be a great fit in a ZBS

I'd think about doing it with Rocky and JC (JC can take the lumps till their comfortable with Bradford) and maybe throw in our 7th (not like its a "big pick") and see about Colt McCoy. If people don't like getting a QB, though, I'd definitely flirt with the idea of Kindle or maybe Cody? If we move Rocky we gotta hope Spikes or someone's their in the 4th to replace him.

We would have had a very successful draft IMO if that's true and we could move up and land him by trading say, our 4th and JC. That would solidify our line pretty well for Donny Mac & the RBs.

There are plenty of fine players that would be welcomed here at that spot.

A better question might be: "Do we have enough left to trade (that someone wants) which could get us into that spot without mortgaging [more] of the future?"

An ideal plan would be to get into that spot, then start trading down and getting multiple picks. I think the only reason that no trades were made before the 11th pick yesterday is because everyone was looking to trade down--with no buyers.

I don't know how we'd get that pick without giving up a pick next year and I'm not sure it's worth it.

To answer your question though, I'm sure there are a ton of guys available that we could use to improve this team. I'd have to know what it would cost to move up in order to say if I thought it was worth it. Since the Rams WANT to trade the pick, that could help.

Brown is worth it. Many thought he would go in the late first. This is my dream pick!

I think Clausen is going to be a good one and I hate Notre Dame. He plays with fire and is the only QB in the draft who routinely threw to receivers before they were open -- a must have skill that is hard to predict a QB having. JC certainly didn't have it.

I would at least entertain the idea of moving up and taking him. We'd be set at QB for a long time.

Archived