Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rams looking to trade 33rd Pick, is there anyone left that would justify a Skins trade?

#98QBKiller

Which OT will be regarded as having the better career? Trent Williams or Russell Okung  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Which OT will be regarded as having the better career? Trent Williams or Russell Okung

• Trent Williams
    • Russell Okung
    • Both will be regarded as quality offensive linemen
    • Both will be regarded as busts

I agree. I just wonder who would be worth it. I think if a top 3-4 tackle like Bulaga was still there it would definitely be worth it, or even Mike Iupati, I'm just not as familiar with Brown or Campbell, although they seem to receive high marks.

I like Safford actually if we could get a 2nd. He was the guy I wanted with our old pick before we traded it away.

Since we don't have any picks, we need to entertain ourselves with all these trade scenarios that won't likely happen. Here is another one posted on the CPND board.

Patrick Robinson as part of a larger trade for AH?

Here's the link to the thread:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=71&f=1348&t=5880910

Here is the twitter dude:

http://twitter.com/Schottey

Give our second and fifth next year for this pick quick!

I don't know how we'd get that pick without giving up a pick next year and I'm not sure it's worth it.

To answer your question though, I'm sure there are a ton of guys available that we could use to improve this team. I'd have to know what it would cost to move up in order to say if I thought it was worth it. Since the Rams WANT to trade the pick, that could help.

How many picks who are taken in the second round are starters in there fourth year in the draft? Casserly did a 10 year study and said that's only a 50% chance of it.

We better not trade next years picks to get a 50-50 player. If you want to get that pick we have to trade players and outside of Hanyesworth I don't see anyone on the team I'm willing to do that for.

Protecting McNabb MUST be our primary concern. The o-line still doesn't have 5 starters.

No disagreement here. We have lots of holes to fill.

The o-line is the most obvious. I was just mentioning two others that rarely get talked about on this site.

JC and a 3rd next year for the pick. St.Louis needs a steady backup and possible starter if Same is not ready or gets injured. JC would be great for them.

JC would fit fine in Buffalo if Clausen and McCoy get taken before that as well.

I'd love to get BC with the pick (that would give us the 2 most athletic linemen in the draft), but Charles Brown, Taylor Mays or even Tate would be acceptable.

Don't think we have enough to pay that price without giving up any of next year's picks. They won't take JC. Not down with giving them AH, AC or RM. Would be nice to have a 2nd round pick though. Clausen would be the guy I would target. He can learn behind D-Mac for 2-3 years and then run the team.

I think there are multiple players that would be worth dealing players off the roster for:

Sergio Kindle - IF HEALTHY - Shores up the OLB spot in the 3-4

Daryl Washington - Another OLB option

Terrence Cody - A true NT

Charles Brown & Rodger Saffold - Another OT wouldn't hurt

Colt McCoy or Jimmy Clausen - If Shanny feels like one of these guys can be the heir apparent to McNabb 3 or 4 years down the road.........

I hope that they avoid using their 2011 1st Round pick. But, there are a lot of guys on this roster that they could move for pick(s) that would cause the team to be better than it is today.

It's impossible to make judgments like this in a vacuum: it all depends on whether the trade offer provides the right level of value to us. So far, I like our 2010 draft:

1st round: Trent Williams

2nd round: Donovan McNabb

3rd round: Jeremy Jarmon

I hope we use our 4th on another o-lineman.

Not even in Madden.

I disagree - not that I care about Madden.

I think too many people on here are jumping on the "Campbell is trash" bandwagon all because he wasn't dealt in the 1st round. The guy performed better than many of the starting QBs in the league and he has value. I believe there are teams that would take that trade.

For those asking about Charles Brown

Pass blocking: Lanky build with plenty of room for additional growth. Long arms and shows good quickness off the snap. Shuffles back in pass protection with bent knees, ready to slide inside or out to mirror the defender. Significantly improved his upper-body strength as a senior, using a more effective punch to stun the pass rusher. Gives good effort, and showed improved upper-body strength to sustain blocks. Can become fundamentally lazy and lean on his opponent rather than sliding his feet, even allowing much slower defenders beating him inside.

Run blocking: While he flashes nastiness with an explosive initial shove, he remains largely a finesse blocker who relies on positioning and athleticism. Only marginal using leverage and leg drive as a short-area run blocker. Shows an explosive burst to make the reach block or cut block when sealing the edge.

Pulling/trapping: Shows good quickness off the snap for combo blocks. Gets his hands into defenders and is agile enough to release and get to the second level.

Initial Quickness: Good initial quickness and depth in his kick slide in pass protection and when attacking the defender in the running game.

Downfield: Good quickness downfield as a run blocker. Can get to the second level and adjusts nicely to the moving target. Flashes some nastiness with an explosive shove to knock the defender off the ball, but scouts would rather he latched on and kept his feet chugging to make sure his man doesn't recover. Shows good effort to sustain blocks and will hustle downfield.

Intangibles: Former tight end who impressed in his first season as the starting left tackle in 2008 and showed greatly improved upper body strength and aggression in his second starting season. Might be just scratching the surface of his potential.

NFL Comparison: Maurice Williams, ex-Jaguars

Saffold

Pass blocking: Uses his athleticism and strength to get out in front of rush ends and hold them off to protect the quarterback's blind side. Strong punch and extends fully to push his man off his path. Has a wide base and strong anchor, rarely getting pushed back. Deep angle in his kick slide. Good recovery after a misstep and doesn't give up the inside lane. Needs to keep his feet moving after initial contact, as he will let up a bit. Wide ends give him a bit of trouble with their quickness; he will lunge instead of continuing his lateral movement.

Run blocking: Explodes from his stance as a run blocker. Turns his man out of the hole, even jumping inside the tackle to do so. Effective combo blocker, reaching inside to get a hand on the tackle while holding off smaller ends on the backside of plays. Give good effort to knock out backside chasers on run plays or when the quarterback scrambles. Gets off balance when drive blocking at times, and needs to work on hitting his man's numbers.

Pulling/trapping: Not asked to trap or pull often. Would need to show the quick feet behind the line needed to succeed, but certainly has the strength and flexibility to take out and sustain against targets between the tackles.

Initial Quickness: Shows excellent quickness and explosion off the snap. Jumps inside to take on tackles, explodes into his man on run blocks and gets the angle quickly on defensive ends in pass protection.

Downfield: Moves in space well despite a larger build. Does not let go once on top of a linebacker at the second level. Surprising agility and flexibility to adjust to players coming hard from the inside or outside.

Intangibles: Vocal leader willing to get into teammates, but also there to congratulate them on a big play. Plays with a mean streak through the whistle, does not back down from a challenge thrown down by a defender.

Archived