Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

-The T.O. Poll-

Jethrodsp

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

turkishguy, echo everything you say about character when playing here. There's a lot of history playing for the skins and I can't think of too many "Me first" players like T.O. that have played here. I don't know, you can't ever totally give up on someone, like someone else said...I'm sure he was humbled a bit in Buffalo so maybe he'll work his ass off for one last stint.

If he does show up I doubt he'll be able to wear a HOF jersey number. Don't they usually retire them?

First off if we're talking character how about Albert Haynesworth and Larry Johnson? I didn't want Haynesworth to begin with but have been one of his supporters since he's been here because I think he's stayed out of trouble and helped on the field. However he did committ one of the most atrocious acts I've ever seen on the field when he stombed Gurode's face as he lay defenseless on the ground. We can joke about the Cowboys all we want but that is inexcusable. In my opinion he got off easy that he is even allowed to play in this league anymore.

Larry Johnson is a piece of work too. Opening berates his own head coach, refers to reporters as a much more offensive version of the word "gay," and spit in a woman's face and allegedly told her he would kill her boyfriend. Overall we're still pretty high character compared to some other teams but we aren't full of saints either. These two are 10x what TO is. He's a me first primadonna but he stays out of trouble off the field. That is #1 to me as far as character goes.

As far as #81 I doubt he would get it. It isn't officially retired as I believe only #33 is but players know they aren't getting it. Since TO is a future HOFer I could see him calling up Art and asking permission like I believe Rice did to Largent when he went to Seattle. I'm sure Monk respects TO's career but I'm not sure how he feels about him as a person to allow it but it's possible. I would personally prefer him to do 18 like Moss did in Oakland if we did sign him, which I doubt we will.

As far as #81 I doubt he would get it. It isn't officially retired as I believe only #33 is but players know they aren't getting it. Since TO is a future HOFer I could see him calling up Art and asking permission like I believe Rice did to Largent when he went to Seattle. I'm sure Monk respects TO's career but I'm not sure how he feels about him as a person to allow it but it's possible. I would personally prefer him to do 18 like Moss did in Oakland if we did sign him, which I doubt we will.

You are correct about 33 being the only "officially" retired number we have. But if TO was to wear 81 here, I could see myself sitting out a season of Skins fandom for the first time in my life.

The poll results would be a lot different if/when Washington does sign T.O.

I wish there was a poll for wanting McNabb as the Redskins QB before there was anything out there that he was on the block.

Would have like to have seen the results of that one then and now.

Did I want McNabb? No, absolutely not. Am I giddy like a freaking 18yr old with his first set of rims in NOVA? No, absolutely not. Its McNabb, we've hated him for years, but have you seen Jason Campbell hold onto the ball for 6 seconds and then dump it off? Or throw it away without even looking downfield? Or missing the protection call and getting slammed by a free blitzer (yeah he pulled himself up wow)??

We picked up Rex freaking Grossman the week before so I WAS a little relieved. But not buzzing like wew SB bound...I know many, many fans just like me.

I am disappointed in how many fans think that McNabb instantly makes this team a contender and do not hate on you for picking up on it, but don't think for a minute that most of us think like this.

I'm still holding out hope that he's part of a trade package to help us get an influx of quality youth on this team this season and next. (yeah good luck with that right?)

DO I want TO? No. Abso-friggin-lutely not. If they sign him I'll understand, like I did with McNabb, but I would rather they push the current roster until they show a pass/fail with a real QB.

Oh yeah...:dallasuck

I wish there was a poll for wanting McNabb as the Redskins QB before there was anything out there that he was on the block.

I kinda agree here. Though I can only really speak for myself, I was always a McNabb fan and wanted him in the b&g. Teased him as the enemy but liked the player.

TO, I wanted him after his stint with Dallas because I knew he wouldn't have a ton of teams that would want his services. Which, imo, would humble him some. Turns out it wasn't far off seeing how he was behaved in Buffalo

1) I doubt it.

2)There wasn't a poll but that Friday night Lombardi was on NFL Network,there was a thread and quite a few of us said that we would be all for McNabb as our qb(myself included).

T O is not going to be a skin so this is a wasted vote

Maybe some among us didn't hear Mike Shanahan on SC said that "Terrell Owens was NOT in the Redskins plans" on Tuesday night.

Ummm...can we add a "Hell NO" option? :)

HELL NO:D

I voted yes, provided its no more than a 2 year deal with an option to void the 2nd year if TO doesn't fit with the team's chemistry. I'd also give a lot of incentives for him performing as well. If he works out then I'd consider extending him another 2 years but that's it.

There is a growing contingency that seems to prefer a player with a checkered past...someone who is a known troublemaker, locker room cancer or bad teammate. And I find it baffling.

But here is a guy that is a known bad teammate and whose performace has objectively declined on the field. A 36 year old receiver whose yardage per reception and touchdowns have declined for two straight seasons and whose number of receptions have declined for 3 consecutive seasons.

What is the attraction again? Thankfully two thirds of the posters here see the light.

I have to agree with you on the timing of the T.O. poll. But I'm also biased as an early 80's follower of the Kent Cooke/Gibbs era at RFK, when the NFL in general had more integrity, fans and players included.

There's a reason why guys like T.O. spend bits of time with teams like Dallas, and my 19 month old daughter would have been welcomed into the 2008 Buffalo training camp. Maybe Shanahan has his head on right and convince "The Danny" to skip over T.O's hype. :point2sky- "the one and only 81"

I am not as rabidly against T.O. as I was before he went to the Eagles or Cowboys even though he was a better player then. I voted no largely because I believe with a competent QB, Kelly and Thomas will emerge as great options next to Moss. T.O. would simply mask their progression.

T.O.'s on the downside of his career. He's got one more team in him. I'd be modestly ok with bringing him in under the following conditions. McNabb was actually interested in it and driving it quietly on the inside -- now he'll say this is so if we do get him, but I mean actually.

More importantly, T.O. doesn't have ANY podium time. Ever. Even if he has a great, breakout, star game, do not trot his butt up to the podium. He can be interviewed in the locker room. I was not interested in the T.O. who was bigger than a franchise and played in Dallas and Philly. But, a T.O. who knows his time in the spotlight is over, who generates one or two more good years -- like Randy Moss -- might be ok. If you keep him from thinking he's the star.

I can only say what my opinion is, and that would be that I would hate to see this piece of garbage in a Redskin uniform. It would be worse than when we signed Dieon Sanders.

I just went with "Why?"

What's the point? To mend the hurt feeling b/t TO and McNabb? The media wants this to happen for obvious reasons. But what sense does it make from the standpoint of the Redskins? There's no proof that TO is a dominant as he once was. He's at his best behavior on a 1 year contract, but that will **** with continuity and slow the development of Kelly and Thomas (as well as Marko if you're so inclined with him). This team has the veteran wideout in Santana, who is not known around the league as a malcontent and doesn't have the history of a public pissing match with his QB. Thomas and Kelly must finally be put in sink-or-swim mode since we have an actual coach now who knows how to get them on the field. TO is the guy you sign if you're 1 player away, like Dallas and Philly were viewed. Hell, the season TO was in Philly was the first time they made the SB in how long (even if he missed the entire playoffs)?

So rather than "Yes" or "No" I simply have to wonder what the point would be at all?

When is that not the case? Once something happens people are forced to adapt to the situation. If you turn in your fan card when the team does something that you don't like, you're either not a fan or a Cowboys fan. :evilg: Kidding.

Not necessarily. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a Redskins fan pre-Donny Mac saying, he's garbage and will never be a winner and that same Redskins fan feeling that way when he's in the B & G.

All that means is that the particular fan thinks Donny Mac is garbage.

Doesn't mean he won't root for him and support him as the QB of his team.

There have been many a Cowboy over the years that I didn't like or thought were garbage.

I rooted for them to succeed nonetheless.

Archived