Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would it take to draft both Okung and Berry ?

shuler74

I'm really torn this year in who we draft with the 4th pick overall. Okung is the right choice for the skins with their need at the ot position but Eric Berry arguably is the 1st or 2nd best player in the draft with Okung in that same category . If we draft Okung means we miss out on Berry and all I can think is can we really pass on a player that has been compared to Ed Reed? This being said what kind of scenario can you conjure up for the skins to be able to draft knowing the players we have to trade plus our future draft pics that we will be eventually giving away next year.

I no their is really no possibilty that this is going to happen just wanted to see everyone thoughts on this. :)

all picks for this year, arm, leg, kidney, left eyeball, wait... scratch that, it's the right eyeball (my bad) uhhh, both testies, your first born, and a xyphoid tip from any living kin to Clay Aiken...

Unlikely to happen but, it would take the Lions to give us their 1st for AH and another player. They will get the dominant DT they are looking for. They will reunite him with Schwartz and Van Den Bosch, and if we can make him cough up $10 millions he will be cheaper than having to pay tons of dollars to a rookie DT.

It would take Berry or Okung being caught sniffing a line with the police chief's daughter while stealing a car and taking a kid's lollipop. I figure that knocks them back to probably the fourth round.

And if they take advantage of the chief's daughter, than maybe they slip to the seventh round, which means that we could go BPA at 4

CHAMPUNSHIIP!! :pfft:

Berry is the new Bradford.

LET IT GO. :beatdeadhorse:

:ols: Totally true.

This will NEVER happen. I gave up on the "we HAVE to get THIS guy" thing a long time ago, it rarely ever happens (although, ironically, last season I thought to myself, "if there were one player I'd fall for in this draft it's Orakpo, but he'll be long gone by 13).

I'll think about some insanely idiotic way this could happen, but I don't think I'll come up with anything, we just don't have enough firepower, even if we're offering next years picks.

:ols: Totally true.

This will NEVER happen. I gave up on the "we HAVE to get THIS guy" thing a long time ago, it rarely ever happens (although, ironically, last season I thought to myself, "if there were one player I'd fall for in this draft it's Orakpo, but he'll be long gone by 13).

I'll think about some insanely idiotic way this could happen, but I don't think I'll come up with anything, we just don't have enough firepower, even if we're offering next years picks.

Im sorry but Berry is NOT the next bradford its the other way around. Bradford is the best QB prospect but Okung and Berry arguably are the 2 best football players in the draft.

In all seriousness?

I'd say trading a player to aquire a 2nd or 3rd and then trading next years 1st and a 2nd or 3rd this year for a teams 1st this year.

Personally I'd rather try to trade down and still grab him if possible and OT's later. For example some have Texas's saftey going before him. If that's the case try and trade the #4 for Seattles second 1st, 2nd, and 4th. Use the 2nd for OT and the 4th for Line and grab him at 14. Seattle could possibly do it as they come out on top draft points wise still and could get their LT and QB of the future if they wanted Clausen.

If you think he'll go earlier see if Buffalo wants Clausen and if they think he'll get past Seattle, Cleveland, and Oakland. If so, trade their 1st and 2nd for our 1st. We win out points wise there by around 50 so not a deal breaker for them since they're getting a franchise QB presumably. Grab Berry with the 1st and OT in the 2nd.

I think something like that is more likely a scenario for Berry + Lineman than Berry + Okung

Archived