Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would it take to draft both Okung and Berry ?

shuler74

We should take Okung but if Berry is available at 4, damn that's a tough choice.

Berry is the only guy I would accept taking other than a tackle at that spot.

Okung is a pick for the future. B/C any way you look at it we are going into next season with a free agent or a rookie playing LT.

Berry is a pick for the future that can make an immediate impact AND take a slight step at rectifying the loss of Sean Taylor.

Berry is a pick for the future that can make an immediate impact AND take a slight step at rectifying the loss of Sean Taylor.

This is part of the reason why I'd prefer we not take Berry (besides the obvious "Heyer at LT" issue).

I'm not saying you mean it exactly a certain way, but there will be comparisons to Sean Taylor if we took Berry. It would just be inevitable. If we drafted Berry, I'd guess that half of the first page of the Stadium would be "BErry= Taylor?!" and "Eric Berry is our new Sean!" kind of threads. And that would just be within the first few days after the draft.

Sean was an insane playmaker for our defense, but now we have a potentially insane pass rusher for our defense in #98 (a position that's a lot harder to find and address than safety).

We were blessed/lucky/you name it to land Orakpo. Let's just focus on building the defense around him instead of worrying about who's going to replace or rectify the loss of Sean.

"It'll take a little Energon and a lot of luck"

This....was an awesome post.

Archived