Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: Fox News Pulls Sean Hannity From Tea Party Rally

AsburySkinsFan

Three things:

1) The 49% poll is current. This is after most of the horrible things in the bill had been revealed.

2) The 60% is from November. I don't think anyone knew anything in December about what this bill really involved, especially the Congressmen voting for it.

3) The 49% poll represents the American view of what he's doing as a whole, primarily reflecting the healthcare bill passage. The 60% poll refers to something specific (public option) to show that the people wanted something back in November before they really knew what it meant. Your comment is a generalization of what I'm saying.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 49% reflects the bill w/o the public option. Maybe, they aren't happy because there is no public option. Maybe they aren't happy as a result of something competely independent of the public option.

You have to be careful interperting polls because people that want it "repealed" are going to sit on both sides of the issue, those that don't think it goes far enough and those that think it goes to far.

March 30th USA/Gallop still had 52% still wanting the public option:

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/03/30/usa-today-52-still-want-public-option-in-health-care/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 49% reflects the bill w/o the public option. Maybe, they aren't happy because there is no public option. Maybe they aren't happy as a result of something competely independent of the public option.

You have to be careful interperting polls because people that want it "repealed" are going to sit on both sides of the issue, those that don't think it goes far enough and those that think it goes to far.

March 30th USA/Gallop still had 52% still wanting the public option:

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/03/30/usa-today-52-still-want-public-option-in-health-care/

The 49% is Obama's current approval rating which has continued to decline ever since the bill was passed. I think it's more related to the fact that the bill was passed in such disarray and with so many questions left unanswered than whether the public option was included.

but that's just a projection and a guess. You don't know why his approval numbers are dropping.

I suspect it has to do foremost with the jobs situation and the economy. The economy is better, but it's far from good. When that's the case, our leaders aren't going to get a tremendous ammount of love.

With due respect, the back and forth really does feel like you are trying to have your cake and eat it too. You promote one poll to prove your case that people don't understand an issue and then promote another poll saying that people are unhappy because of said issue. I don't think you can really have it both ways (although, it's possible you're right that they are both confused, uninformed & upset)

1) What this has to do with Hannity, or the Tea Parties, is a mystery to me. Might belong in it's own thread. (In which case, I'll happily move my own post over to said, new, thread.)

2) Observing that there seems to be a whole lot of "maybes" in that article.

(Which seems surprising to me. Am I reading it correctly that this report was written a week after the assault? I would expect more information after a week.)

3) On the assumption that this, somehow, needs to be said: I hope the cops get to the bottom of things. Broken legs and concussions aren't exactly the same thing as "someone in the crown used a bad word".

Yeah that one was supposed to go into a diferent thread

I may be wrong, but I only remember discussing two polls in this thread. I have been "spouting" one poll, not polls. My poll was explaining that the American public DIDN'T understand the issue (public option) in ASF's poll.

EDIT: OK. I see the confusion. I type "my opinion polls" instead of "poll." Obviously, I'm only talking about my one poll with the blue graph.

Apologies. It was somebody else posting the "look how many people don't like the health care bill" polls.

Please, revise my question to "does your assertion that the people are too ignorant of the health care bill for their opinion to count, apply to other people's polls?"

Let me guess. It was too hard to actually read the opening post, so you read the thread title, thought it was too long, picked the first two words of the thread title, and responded?

your so right dude way way to much to read, i read the first page and was like, im not that big of loser that i would read 13 pages of this am i?

your so right dude way way to much to read, i read the first page and was like, im not that big of loser that i would read 13 pages of this am i?

Funny, it's only eight pages for me. (Now nine, thanks to this post.) Was reading the page counter too complicated, too?

And as near as I can tell from your, uh, "contribution", you didn't even read the first post.

If you are asking to compare journalistic integrity between the networks there is no comparison.

Fox has no integrity and therefore cannot even be compared. They don't try to hide it and its really very sad that so many people watch them as actual news sources.

I have to say a portion of that must be people who know that fox news is pathetic and want to see what they say anyway.

:ols: so because other stations like CNN, MNBC,etc.. dont hide it and Fox chooses not to hide the fact, fox is worse? In this country is you commit a crime and dont cover up the evidence you may get less time, but if you do both you get more time. I believe just like the example both parties are bad, and I really believe American needs to really start doing way more research instead of taking in the big new media garbage as the only facts.

lol its actually 11 so neither one of got it right, but its cool.

My opinion is i have no problem with hannity pitching for the republican party and the tea party movement, considering messnbc does it every night. Pretty much the entire media pushed commrade obamas agenda, and i have no problems with hannity alone pushing for the republicans. He's never claimed to be bi-partisan, the rest of fox is, which is why it has the best ratings, but hes never pretended to be. So i say go for it. I LOVE that they are highlighting ever big race coming in november and helping america get to know the candidate running against the democrats. We need them out for the good of the country.

Everyone has bias, but the mistake that you and MANY other make is that just because someone has some bias does not make them equal to Faux News, who specializes in their bias they cater to it, its part of their market strategy, all the while the other news organizations (save MSNBC) work to eliminate bias.

But, in my experience in arguing with the Faux News faithful, I'm positive you will disagree, and you base that disagreement wholly on Faux News talking points. Which is a lot like saying, "Timmy is the only guy in the whole world who tells the truth, I know because Timmy told me so."

My point exactly!!:applause::applause: except people do this for all main stream media!!!

lol its actually 11 so neither one of got it right, but its cool.

My opinion is i have no problem with hannity pitching for the republican party and the tea party movement, considering messnbc does it every night. Pretty much the entire media pushed commrade obamas agenda, and i have no problems with hannity alone pushing for the republicans. He's never claimed to be bi-partisan, the rest of fox is, which is why it has the best ratings, but hes never pretended to be. So i say go for it. I LOVE that they are highlighting ever big race coming in november and helping america get to know the candidate running against the democrats. We need them out for the good of the country.

Umm, let me get this straight.

1) Hannity alone is biased (but that's ok).

2) The rest of Fox is bi-partisan.

3) This bi-partisanship is reflected by the fact that Fox is highlighting races and helping America get to know the candidates running against the Democrats.

Well, there you have it. :whoknows:

Its journalism, and journalists are supposed to work to remove their personal bias from their reporting the very fact that you even here admit that Faux doesn't hide their bias proves that they are not a journalistic institution that should be respected nor listened to as a credible source. Seriously, you just gave up the whole game in this one post.

Well all Journalist are biased they just dont go out their way like Fox do, and I will admit that Fox does suck but so do the rest of the main stream media.

Umm, let me get this straight.

1) Hannity alone is biased (but that's ok).

2) The rest of Fox is bi-partisan.

3) This bi-partisanship is reflected by the fact that Fox is highlighting races and helping America get to know the candidates running against the Democrats.

Well, there you have it. :whoknows:

That 3rd thing was on hannity the biased show, but at least he has liberals on his show, whereas dillan rattigan on mess nbc brings people in an yells them down making them leave the show. Which is why messnbc as poo ratings. i have no problems whatsoever with 1 person on fox news being biased when the entire messnbc is a microphone for obama

Oh please do. Im not talking Fox here, Im talking about Fox News. Compare Fox News with the other news organizations.
Fox News commentator broadcasting from a Tea Party meeting = ABC hosting an hour-long info-mercial promoting Obama's health care plan.

Repubs and Dems are a lot more similar than most people give credit for. Same with "left" and "right" biased journalists. The "standards" are surprisingly similar.

Fox News commentator broadcasting from a Tea Party meeting = ABC hosting an hour-long info-mercial promoting Obama's health care plan.

Repubs and Dems are a lot more similar than most people give credit for. Same with "left" and "right" biased journalists. The "standards" are surprisingly similar.

lol maybe they forgot that dan rather and CBS tried to influence the election by producing fake documents, and saying they were true. And even still would say its ok to do so because they believed the message was true. Yea thats fair and balanced for ya. Theres so man democrat media outlets that are so biased, but they want to crap on the one place republicans can get there news with out there taint on it.

A post earlier caught my eye, sorry I'm too lazy to go back and reference it, but basically every news organization IS biased and it's just a matter of how they conduct themselves. Fox has a different way of delivering their "news" as does CNN, MSNBC, and the other networks.

For those of you who want to sling mud at Fox and proclaim it as this Republican oriented network with no journalistic integrity I have to agree with you in some parts of that statement, although I do give it to them for actually going against the standard liberal bias albeit in a sometimes outlandish form. These news organizations are there to sell advertisements and make money. They're a business. So really any of these networks should be taken with a grain of salt. Let's try to calm down with the Fox hating when the networks that some have been claiming are "fair and balanced" simply are not at all.

Apologies. It was somebody else posting the "look how many people don't like the health care bill" polls.

Please, revise my question to "does your assertion that the people are too ignorant of the health care bill for their opinion to count, apply to other people's polls?"

I'm not sure what you mean by "apply to other people's polls," but I'll give it a shot. I'm only talking about these two polls, one showing that people don't understand public option thus showing the other one (saying people want public option if they had to choose yes or no) doesn't matter. I'm not making any implications about any other polls. I'm not saying that because Americans don't understand public option, they also don't understand other important issues.

Archived