Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: Fox News Pulls Sean Hannity From Tea Party Rally

AsburySkinsFan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/15/fox-news-pulls-sean-hanni_n_539719.html

Fox News has pulled Sean Hannity from his starring role in a tea party rally just one week after Rupert Murdoch said the network should not be supporting the tea party movement.

Hannity was set to broadcast Thursday night from a tea party rally in Cincinnati, but was rushing back to New York Thursday evening after network executives learned of the plan and said it was unacceptable.

"Fox News never agreed to allow the Cincinnati Tea Party organizers to use Sean Hannity's television program to profit from broadcasting his show from the event," Bill Shine, the network's executive vice president of programming, told the Los Angeles Times. "When senior executives in New York were made aware of this, we changed our plans for tonight's show."

As the LAT notes, Hannity was listed as the headline of the Cincinnati rally.

"Sean Hannity rushing to NYC, cancelled broadcast from Cincinnati Tea Party. Crowd disappointed," fellow speaker Jonah Goldberg tweeted late Thursday afternoon.

Last week, News Corp boss Rupert Murdoch said before a Washington, DC crowd that Fox News should not be supporting the movement.

"I don't think we should be supporting the Tea Party or any other party," he said. Earlier this week, the network published an article to its website that was semi-critical of the tea party.

I'm not sure if this is just a limited move away from the Tea Party or a move in the correct direction toward more political objectivity. Time will tell I guess, I just wonder how Hannity will spin this move. The funniest part to me is that it seems that the executives at News Corp don't even watch Fox News because it sounds like they either dragged their feet or were suddenly surprised that Hannity was going to star at a Tea Party rally.

What's also will be interesting is whether the Tea Party movement will now lose steam with Fox no longer promoting their events.

What's also will be interesting is whether the Tea Party movement will now lose steam with Fox no longer promoting their events.

You wish. I'm a die hard conservative. I love Fox News, but I admittedly don't watch it much. Even so, I am nevertheless flooded with Tea Party promotions. Heck, just check the first page of the Tailgate. Every news company is covering the movement 24/7. If ANYTHING unusual happens, every reporter is covering the story. I don't think Fox News actually has that much of an effect. Listening to that program, for us conservatives, is like preaching to the choir. What gets us really going and excited is listening to the liberal stations like MSNBC cover the story . . . which they always do.

Lol, Fox News is disgusting. They repeatedly get a torn a new ******* every day. They are not a news organization. They are not even journalistic.

Openly supporting a political movement would have been even more proof that they are nothing close to objective. What a disgusting organization.

Maybe 20 years ago fox could be taken seriously but with all of the mediums available to us to get info, Fox news is exposed on an hourly basis for just being complete hacks.

Lol, Fox News is disgusting. They repeatedly get a torn a new ******* every day. They are not a news organization. They are not even journalistic.

Openly supporting a political movement would have been even more proof that they are nothing close to objective. What a disgusting organization.

Maybe 20 years ago fox could be taken seriously but with all of the mediums available to us to get info, Fox news is exposed on an hourly basis for just being complete hacks.

Yea,they get torn a new one every day as thier ratings tear up the other networks .Msnbc,cnn,abc,cbs,those guys are really unbiased and bring you the real story don't they?

Yea,they get torn a new one every day as thier ratings tear up the other networks.

This is my favorite Fox News defenses, "ratings equals quality of journalism", classic. Its called rubber-necking, we humans love a good train wreck and Fox offers up the best train wrecks every day, just don't confuse what they do with news.

Msnbc,cnn,abc,cbs,those guys are really unbiased and bring you the real story don't they?

With the exception of MSNBC, yep without a doubt.

Oh who cares? Let Hannity lead the tea baggers. Nobody mistakes Faux News with journalism. It's actually entertaining in a freak show sort of way.

I know none of you actually listen to Sean, but just so you know, he has kept distant from them. Obviously, they mostly pull from the republican numbers.

I think you guys are misunderstanding what is happening.

The GOP driven Fox news is afraid that the tea party will undermine their establishment picks for office. Their attempts at co-opting were not as successful as they wished so they now must distance themselves.

That said, there is a huge neo-con influence still driving many Tea Party base and that ultimately will be their downfall. Sad because it started off with great goals in mind (2007 tea party btw)

Wait, are you serious?

If you are asking to compare journalistic integrity between the networks there is no comparison.

Fox has no integrity and therefore cannot even be compared. They don't try to hide it and its really very sad that so many people watch them as actual news sources.

I have to say a portion of that must be people who know that fox news is pathetic and want to see what they say anyway.

If you are asking to compare journalistic integrity between the networks there is no comparison.

hmm, I'm thinking I need to get on this, I know Fox is the best, but I am willing to prove it. I will be comparing major news stories from the big players (NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, perhaps others).

Starting with the basic 5 w's and getting more in depth with the political slant.

Thread to come in the future. Going to do a few articles to get things flowing then others can collaborate if they wish.

hmm, I'm thinking I need to get on this, I know Fox is the best, but I am willing to prove it. I will be comparing major news stories from the big players (NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, perhaps others).

Starting with the basic 5 w's and getting more in depth with the political slant.

Thread to come in the future. Going to do a few articles to get things flowing then others can collaborate if they wish.

Oh please do. Im not talking Fox here, Im talking about Fox News. Compare Fox News with the other news organizations.

LOL I can't wait to see this one.

Wait, are you serious?

Yep, and apparently so are you.

I know none of you actually listen to Sean, but just so you know, he has kept distant from them. Obviously, they mostly pull from the republican numbers.

Keeping distant from them means that he was going to be speaking at one of their rallies? That's like Trancredo NOT representing the Tea Party even though he speaks at their events.

I simply cannot wait for this, honestly, bring it on...we need a good comic relief thread around here.

Fox has no integrity and therefore cannot even be compared. They don't try to hide it and its really very sad that so many people watch them as actual news sources.

I have to say a portion of that must be people who know that fox news is pathetic and want to see what they say anyway.

Interesting analysis. I agree Fox doesn't try to hide it. So you're saying the network that is open about their leanings has less integrity than those that try to hide it (and hide it poorly at that)?

Do you really believe that? Seriously? (ref on ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN being unbiased).

Everyone has bias, but the mistake that you and MANY other make is that just because someone has some bias does not make them equal to Faux News, who specializes in their bias they cater to it, its part of their market strategy, all the while the other news organizations (save MSNBC) work to eliminate bias.

But, in my experience in arguing with the Faux News faithful, I'm positive you will disagree, and you base that disagreement wholly on Faux News talking points. Which is a lot like saying, "Timmy is the only guy in the whole world who tells the truth, I know because Timmy told me so."

Interesting analysis. I agree Fox doesn't try to hide it. So you're saying the network that is open about their leanings has less integrity than those that try to hide it (and hide poorly at that)?

Its journalism, and journalists are supposed to work to remove their personal bias from their reporting the very fact that you even here admit that Faux doesn't hide their bias proves that they are not a journalistic institution that should be respected nor listened to as a credible source. Seriously, you just gave up the whole game in this one post.

Everyone has bias, but the mistake that you and MANY other make is that just because someone has some bias does not make them equal to Faux News, who specializes in their bias they cater to it, its part of their market strategy, all the while the other news organizations (save MSNBC) work to eliminate bias.

But, in my experience in arguing with the Faux News faithful, I'm positive you will disagree, and you base that disagreement wholly on Faux News talking points. Which is a lot like saying, "Timmy is the only guy in the whole world who tells the truth, I know because Timmy told me so."

You make poor assumptions. I actually watch and prefer ABC news but don't fool myself into believing they're unbiased. For ABC news, the Health Care debate was a perfect example they were as biased as any partisan on that particular issue.

Do you really believe that? Seriously? (ref on ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN being unbiased).

Non-biased doesn't exist. I would say having met and talked to a number of FOX producers at the National Press Club that the biggest difference is the way that FOX is intentionally and consciously biased.

It's one thing if a reporter slips or a mistake is made, or even pushes their personal agenda (all of which is bad) but when there is overt direction to leave certain info out and to shade a story specifically to make someone look good or bad by news directors and network heads that is a bigger problem.

In my experience, and from those I have talked that has never happened at NPR. There has never been orders on how to frame a story from on top. My understanding is that is not the way it goes at the other networks either... except occassionally things have gotten pulled or pressure applied due to the influence of sponsors (which is horrible in its own right)

Its journalism, and journalists are supposed to work to remove their personal bias from their reporting the very fact that you even here admit that Faux doesn't hide their bias proves that they are not a journalistic institution that should be respected nor listened to as a credible source. Seriously, you just gave up the whole game in this one post.

Like I said I prefer ABC news, but we're talking integrity here and since FOX tends to shove most of their bias into their opinion/commentary shows (which admittedly is most of their programming) while the main networks don't, means (imo) that they hold the higher ground on integrity (MSNBC can also claim cover on the same grounds).

Like I said I prefer ABC news, but we're talking integrity here and since FOX tends to shove most of their bias into their opinion/commentary shows (which admittedly is most of their programming) while the main networks don't, means (imo) that they hold the higher ground on integrity (MSNBC can also claim cover on the same grounds).

You want to talk integrity when you freely admit that Faux News presents itself as "Fair & Balanced" and yet intentionally presents a conservative/GOP favorable bias?

Well, no. Fox News is most blatantly and loudly biased in the bloviating commentary shows that comprise the core of their channel. The "straight news" shows are less openly biased, mostly in the sense that they won't actually call President Obama a "pinhead".

Archived