Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTF? 60 million HS football stadium

FLRedskins

yeah but hey its not the state money they are spending.. its from the local taxes and bonds that the local government voted on...

that school probably generate enough revenue from the HS football program that its worth the cost...

well, I just googled and apparently McLean high stadium has a capacity of 3,000. I would've guessed about 800!

800 in the stands and 2200 behind the stands over by the woods taking bong hits.

Assuming things haven't changed much in the past 30 years. :laugh:

This.

They wouldn't have built the stadium if there wasn't a demand for it.

Yeah, and they use them for many things besides football.

Ours has been used(leased) by a semi-pro team as well as soccer

I have less of problem with school ones than public funding for the professional stadiums.

some of those towns in texas literally have nothing else, so why rain on their parades? I wish I could have played in a stadium like that in high school.

Allen really doesn't fall into that category (it's northeast DFW), but in general, that's a good point.

I don't agree with the emphasis placed on High School athletics in general, nor the tax burden it adds to the locals, but to each their own.

On a side note, I'm moving from Garland, TX (about 10 minutes from Allen) to between Waco and Temple in a few weeks. The tax rate is, not surprisingly, quite a bit lower.

Archived