Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Burger Recipes

Hubbs

Mods, I ran a site-specific search through Google and only found a thread from 2006 that was about burger recipes, rather than the best burgers from restaurants/fast food joints. The site's search function only creates a blank screen for me, so apologies if a similar thread already exists.

I'm probably making myself a burger later and decided to search for some good recipes, and one thing I've seen suggested a few times is mixing a beaten egg in with the meat before you make the patties. Your hands will get messy, of course, but that sounded like it could be really good. Then I'll probably mix in a couple other things as well. Who's got some good recipes around here?

Wasn't this done in Mark's infamous burger thread?

If it was, sorry everyone. I'd appreciate it if someone would bump it for me. Like I said, our search doesn't work for me, and the site-specific Google search didn't turn anything up.

Jucy Lucy.

EDIT: I actually just use 75/25 ground beef in about a 1/3lb patty. Put a small pad of cold butter in the middle, sprinkle with any kind of meat seasoning that you like and grill. I prefer either Weber Grill creations Smoky Mesquite or McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning.

And never, ever, squeeze it while cooking. Ever.

I have to say that I found the best hamburger ever while in vegas...5 guys and sunshine burgers..pfffft will definetely go back the next time I'm in vegas! Nothing compares..NOTHING :pfft: So if you're in town..its a must have. There was a in and out burger joint not far from the strip and I didnt even want to try it after having a burger here..so i went back for 2nds lol

http://www.mandalaybay.com/dining/burgerbar.aspx

My roommate and I experimented a bit with burgers last fall. One delicious one included chopped up onions inside the meat, little bits of bacon inside the meat, and a blend of Worcestershire sauce and a little Jack Daniels. Also sprinkled a tiny bit of Montreal Steak Seasoning, but not much because we didn't want that to overpower the other flavors. The burgers were about an inch thick, cooked medium (about .25 inch of pink in the middle). And they were awesome.

Take a pound of ground beef, can be lean if you like the burger drier, and mix in a jar of salsa. Put on the rest of the fixings and you got the best burger ever. The salsa really makes it tender and flavorful.
Dude, that's meatloaf. :ols:

I used to make a burger when I was in high school, where I'd take about 1/2 pound of ground beef, either add in whatever seasonings I wanted or used the ol' Lipton onion soup mix lol :thumbsup:...then I'd make two patties of about 1/3 pound each, make them somewhat large and thin...and then put some sharp cheddar on top of one burger, and place the other burger on top of it, smashing the ends together so that the cheese is contained within the two burgers (now one big-ass burger lol). Then I'd place it in a broiler and cook until done. Throw some more cheese on top...and that **** was excellent :drool:...I experimented with different cheeses and seasonings (soy sauce was another really good seasoning)...

Dude, that's meatloaf. :ols:

LOL after reading a number of burger recipes in this thread, all I could think of was meatloaf. :silly:

I think one of the big suggestions Mark pointed out in his, ahem, classic burger thread was to get ground beef from a butcher that wasn't all mashed together like you get from the grocery store. A loser ground beef makes a better burger....plus a little ginger ;)

Archived