Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell wants Carolina...

DaRock

Bobzmuda, did you really try to compare him with Kurt Warner, a guy who had no running game in Arizona, yet took that team to their first SB, and would have won it for them if it wasn't for the Zona's defense? A guy who is a Super Bowl MVP and champion? A guy who got his yards by passing the ball down field because he could actually connect with WR's in stride, nonetheless, not dinking and dunking? And you call ME crazy???

He's not as good as Warner obviously.

I'm saying Campbell didn't dink and dunk as much as some people think he did since they had about the same YPA and the same number of 20+ yard passes. Campbell even ranked 11th in percentage of passes resulting in first downs over guys like Aaron Rodgers, McNabb, Cutler.

That's not dinking and dunking.

That's not saying he's some great QB. It is saying that the reason why you reached the conclusion that he's a mediocre QB is the wrong reason, but is not necessarily the wrong conclusion.

of course he wants carolina. he wont have to do much, and the game wont be in his hands ever. itll be up to jonathan stewart and deangelo williams.

i dont think any team is gonna give up much for him now, and he'll either stay here and backup mcnabb or he'll get shipped off for a 5th or 6th to a team like buffalo or oakland that has major QB issues.

I will be happy with a late #3 or early #4 for Campbell.

Honestly, if McNabb brings a #2 in this draft I find it incredible that someone would surrender a pick in the same round for Jason.

Maybe the Raiders would take him and either Carter or Haynesworth for the #8 overall.

Oakland seems to be the only potential sucker out there now that Cerrato is out of Washington.

Of course Shanahan will put it out there that "Campbell is welcome back" if he can't find the situation he wants.

Shanahan needs that leverage. In other words- why would any team give up a draft pick for him if they can just pick him up as a free agent in a month or so? Shanahan has to make it clear that he still has a spot on the roster and that he won't just be cut.

But Teams aren't dumb. Campbell's time in Washington is done. I think if someone DOES decide to trade for him- it will be a 5th rounder or later. I can't believe people are talking about a 3rd rounder for him- that just blows my mind. If we could pull that off I will be absolutely amazed (and delighted)

We'll see.

Whitehurst was traded for a 3rd rounder and a swap of 2nd round picks, and he was the 3rd stringer. We can only hope...

untapped potential is a commodity in the nfl.

(what you've done) + (what scouts think you will do) = market value.

For Whitehurst, that would be like

(1) + (9) = 10

For Campbell, it would be

(4) + (1) = 5

He's not as good as Warner obviously.

I'm saying Campbell didn't dink and dunk as much as some people think he did since they had about the same YPA and the same number of 20+ yard passes. Campbell even ranked 11th in percentage of passes resulting in first downs over guys like Aaron Rodgers, McNabb, Cutler.

That's not dinking and dunking.

Campbell threw short, <10 yards, more often then any other starting QB in football last year. Roughly 76.5% of his passes.

Warner's around 69.6%.

Rodgers - 67.3%

McNabb - 67%

Cutler - 69.4%

Pass protection skews the stats a bit as those QBs are more likely to have pass plays where the QB gets hit or has the pass tipped at the line.

the title of this thread makes me laugh. again, it's not what JC wants. LOL he hasnt earned it. he has no entitlement. it's what teams want and at this point, nobody wants this guy. LOL

whatever team (if) decides to trade for him, they are going to need to sign him to a new contract. He currently doesn't have one.

So Campbell very much has a say in it, deserved or not.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere in the mass amounts of Campbell threads, but John Clayton was just on NFL Live and said that Campbell's top preference would be the Carolina Panthers, but then noted that it would be a matter if Carolina would be interested. I say, with that dominant running game and great offensive line, if he bombed there, then the truth would be told...

Yeah and I want Christina Hendricks, but we don't always get what we want Jason. :cool:

Carolina doesn't have a vet QB behind Moore but they may be gunshy of giving up a pick this year considering they don't have a 1st round selection already.

Nobody is going to give a decent draft pick for Campbell. Even as nutty as Al Davis is, he wouldn't do it.

You all are missing point. When the redskins publicly told JC to stay away from redskins park, they told the world that you're on the auction block. We don't want you.

Now what team is going to offer up a 2-3-4 round pick for a guy who his old team doesn't plan on keeping? They told him to stay home.

Talk about a buyers market.

They should have told him he was the #2 and let him come in to work out. Then they could at least bluff other teams telling them that we plan to keep him....but if we get a decent offer, we'll trade him.....

But now?????? No way.

You all are missing point. When the redskins publicly told JC to stay away from redskins park, they told the world that you're on the auction block. We don't want you.

Do you have a link to this info? According to the Washington Post it was a mutual decision.

"Campbell discussed his intentions with Coach Mike Shanahan during their meeting Monday, and both agreed it would be better for Campbell to train on his own and stay away from the park altogether"

I'm saying Campbell didn't dink and dunk as much as some people think he did...

Someone help me out here. It was televised during one of the games last year that Campbell threw somewhere around 75% of his passes to about the line of scrimmage. I'm sure people remember that, but does anyone have the actual stat and something to back it up?

Archived