Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell wants Carolina...

DaRock

Brennan looked very promising for you guys. How is he these days? Is he back to 100%? If not, do you think he will be by the time the season starts?

Depends on who you talk to around here. We'll see with the new regime.

Sorry JC has way more skills than Moore. He is a hands down upgrade there, they have a good O-line and he would actually probably have a good year there.

Panthers Oline is great *when healthy*. Moore looked great even with the star tackles on IR. He was running for his life more times than not. So the question would be, "if Moore looked that good with a busted Oline, how good is he going to look when both Gross and otah are back? " I like Campbell, I really do. I just don't see him as an upgrade over Moore. I don't think JC gets his wish of being a Panther, but I hope he finds success on the team he does land on. Whether it be the Raiders, Jags, Rams etc etc.

Panthers Oline is great *when healthy*. Moore looked great even with the star tackles on IR. He was running for his life more times than not. So the question would be, "if Moore looked that good with a busted Oline, how good is he going to look when both Gross and otah are back? " I like Campbell, I really do. I just don't see him as an upgrade over Moore. I don't think JC gets his wish of being a Panther, but I hope he finds success on the team he does land on. Whether it be the Raiders, Jags, Rams etc etc.

Man, Moores release is fast.. Nice tube.

Carolina fan here incase the screen name didn't give it away...

Not here to troll, grew up a Skins fan before the Panthers came to town so I frequently visit this board but haven't been moved to post.

I have always been a fan of Jason Campbell, I think he still has a great deal of untapped potential. I think he's gotten a raw deal in DC, yes they gave him the opportunity to start - but they also set him up to fail in those starts. You draft a QB # 25 overall and then put him on a rollercoaster of different coaches, coordinators, schemes, etc. You can trace Jason's struggles to the unraveling of the offensive line. I don't think there is a QB in the NFL that could have suceeded behind the offensive line the Skins had last year (including McNabb).

That's all water under the bridge now and the Skins have got themselves one hell of a QB in McNabb, but the laws of physics still apply - McNabb needs protection to suceed just like Campbell.

I think the Panthers like Campbell, but I don't think they'll trade for him. The Panthers believe in building through the draft, not trades or FA, and they only have 5 picks in this year's draft. I could see the Skins getting a 4th or 5th rounder for Campbell, but the Panthers can't afford to give up the 4th with so few picks and don't have a 5th. They only way I can see Campbell in a Panthers uniform is if the Skins release him.

As for Matt Moore, we don't have enough tape on him to render a final verdict, but statistically he was one of the best QB's in the NFL for the final 4 weeks on the season. Truth is, we don't need Moore to be the next Tom Brady, we just need him to manage the game and make a few plays.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents - good luck this year.

Agree based on Moore's performance over the last 4 weeks of the season... few were better, but I think Campbell has allot of un-tapped potential.

Remember that Moore, like Romo sits to pee was a Parcells hand-picked prospect in Dallas and Parcells was hoping to slip him through waivers and keep him. I still remember how dissapointed Parcells was when the Panthers snagged Moore.

Campbell has never shown an aptitude for learning a new system and running it effectivly. So there is no chance he goes to Carolina and beats out Matt Moore whos been there for 3 years and is in the coaches favor for saving his job.

Buffalo or Oaktown. Or he stays here and can fight grossman for the #2 spot. Mcnabb usually misses a couple games a year so thats not the worst place he could be...

The Carolina system comes from the Gibbs coaching tree ( Coryelle). Its suited for his strengths and he would succeed. Matt Morre will hit a starter sophomore slump.. I guarantee it!!! He's another Derek Anderson. Campbell wont start but he will play.

Sorry JC has way more skills than Moore. He is a hands down upgrade there, they have a good O-line and he would actually probably have a good year there.

Don't see it and believe the Panthers don't either. They could have kept Jake to compete or even back up Moore and didn't.

No way JC starts for them. His only chances at a starting gig at this time are to compete for one at Buffalo or be given the one in Oakland. Give the starting job........hmmmm hey JC Oakland is it! You better get out there and talk to Al.

Don't see it and believe the Panthers don't either. They could have kept Jake to compete or even back up Moore and didn't.

No way JC starts for them. His only chances at a starting gig at this time are to compete for one at Buffalo or be given the one in Oakland. Give the starting job........hmmmm hey JC Oakland is it! You better get out there and talk to Al.

Agree, the job is Moore's to lose at this point. If they brought in Campbell, he would be brought in as a backup and Moore would have to totally fail or be injured for Campbell to get a shot.

Campbell has a better shot starting in Buffalo or Oakland and the Skins will get more compensation from either of those teams than they do from Carolina.

Agree based on Moore's performance over the last 4 weeks of the season... few were better, but I think Campbell has allot of un-tapped potential.

Remember that Moore, like Romo sits to pee was a Parcells hand-picked prospect in Dallas and Parcells was hoping to slip him through waivers and keep him. I still remember how dissapointed Parcells was when the Panthers snagged Moore.

I remember that. There were a ton of disappointed Cowboy fans when Moore was snatched up, because a lot of them felt Moore was a Romo sits to pee duplicate and would be an amazing backup and possible future starter if Romo sits to pee himself didn't pan out (This was just one year removed from when Romo sits to pee took over the starting job before he started really lighting it up). I agree with you on Campbell, he does have untapped talent. He needs consistency more than anything else. If he has no future with the Skins then I really believe the Jags would be his best bet. They aren't as anal about replacing people asap. They believe in giving guys a fair chance for the most part. Al Davis would bench JC just for the drama aspect of it and nothing more.

Archived