Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell wants Carolina...

DaRock

Campbell may want Carolina but Carolina has shown zero interest. They like Matt Moore and they played very well when he took over at the end of last season.

If Campbell wants to start his choices are Oakland or Buffalo. As bad as it sounds he should goto Oakland. The defenses in AFC west are not nearly as good as the AFC east; and if he could somehow turn it around there he would be viewed as viable starter that could play on any team.

Take the tough road JC...

Wow, so the excuse for Campbell has always been : "He's had to learn a new system, and deal with a new OC..."

So now, he's going to waltz into Carolina and beat out a guy who knows the system...or any other place for that matter?!?

Your loyalty to Jason is admirable, but is sapping your reason...

He is not going to start in Carolina period. His best option is Buffalo. New system, new coaches, everything starting from scratch. Going to Oakland will kill his career. Not that I care because he wouldn't be a Redskin anymore. Buffalo is rebuilding. Lynch is a damn good RB when he plays. They should take OT at #9. It would be a huge step in the right direction.

He is not going to start in Carolina period. His best option is Buffalo. New system, new coaches, everything starting from scratch. Going to Oakland will kill his career. Not that I care because he wouldn't be a Redskin anymore. Buffalo is rebuilding. Lynch is a damn good RB when he plays. They should take OT at #9. It would be a huge step in the right direction.

He wouldn't start in Carolina right away. But they're starting a guy right now that had 5 starts last year, and only 8 starts in his career. There's certainly room to think that Matt Moore might not pan out, and there should be interest on Carolina's part to get a solid backup in case Moore doesn't pan out.

Are you thinking that there is a possibility that Jason could re-gain the starting position after watching Donovan for one year? That will never happen.

No I just want him to learn from his mentor by practicing and playing behind him. He will eventually move on and I think he will learn to make the throws that he doesn't always make after playing closely with Donovan. Plus Donovan is prone to injury and I would prefer JC having to go back in that Mr. Grossman. Last time I checked our OL has not been improved dramatically....so what are we going to do when Donovan pulls a groin trying to avoid pressure.....Grossman?

It doesn't matter where JC goes (and he has not done anything to deserve the right to choose where he gets to go), he will never amount to more than a career back-up.

Carolina has Matt Moore. Al Davis likes guys who actually throw the ball deep.

Buffalo seems like the only logical place for him to go. He could ruse them all into thinking he has a chance for a year or two with the new staff, but lose his job in year three when the new staff finds itself on the line. At least he could get a year or two more of calling himself a starter, which is all he seems to want. He sure as hell doesn't care about playing like a starter.

Matt Moore never beat out Delhomme

Kolb never beat out Mcnabb. Don't think I need to explain that anymore but i will.

Carolina is high on matt moore just like the eagles are with kolb. Delhomme has partially been the face of that franchise for awhile now and even went to a superbowl but lost. He had a good relationship with John Fox and there had been alot of hope over the years that sooner or later Delhomme would be a premiere guy but instead he regressed.

It doesn't matter where JC goes (and he has not done anything to deserve the right to choose where he gets to go), he will never amount to more than a career back-up.

Carolina has Matt Moore. Al Davis likes guys who actually throw the ball deep.

Buffalo seems like the only logical place for him to go. He could ruse them all into thinking he has a chance for a year or two with the new staff, but lose his job in year three when the new staff finds itself on the line. At least he could get a year or two more of calling himself a starter, which is all he seems to want. He sure as hell doesn't care about playing like a starter.

You're being silly.

Campbell has stats that say he's a league average starting QB.

I know, those stats don't count for some reason. And, I know, it doesn't matter that he had one of the worst OLs in the game for pass blocking and run blocking. And, I know, he's a rare example of his stats being overinflated because he's a dinker and dunker like Kurt Warner who had approximately the same YPA last year. And, I know, he had receivers that killed it with YAC, despite only having 1 receiver in the top 32 in the league with total YAC and YAC per catch. And, I know, he made an experienced and well regarded head coach and offensive coordinator, Jim Zorn, look so bad the team hired the bingo man.

He's gone. No need to pile on. And no need to distort what happened.

He was a decent QB on a bad team that needs an elite QB.

No I just want him to learn from his mentor by practicing and playing behind him. He will eventually move on and I think he will learn to make the throws that he doesn't always make after playing closely with Donovan. Plus Donovan is prone to injury and I would prefer JC having to go back in that Mr. Grossman. Last time I checked our OL has not been improved dramatically....so what are we going to do when Donovan pulls a groin trying to avoid pressure.....Grossman?

This is what I would like to see too. We know JC's shortcomings but he's certainly better than Grossman or any rookie we might pick up in the draft.

Hail!

I'm pretty sure that JC doesn't want to be in any lineup with the Redskins again. If I where him, I would take a backup job somewhere else over a backup job with the Skins if a starting job was not an option. You don't stand in the rink and let someone (front office) punch you unrelentlessly.

I would never want to see JC in the

starting lineup here again.

I'll take grossman over campbell for the simple fact of potential. Every one thinks they know grossman so well but the truth is he has less starts in his career then campbell. Grossman will actually throw it deep. Yah maybe in triple coverage but id rather have an interception down field then campbell throwing a pass for a 3 yards completion on 3rd and a 7. Campbell lacks anticipation, he never throws to guys on the break or guys with just a step on the coverage. He mainly throws to guys that are wide open and that doesnt cut it in the NFL. There is a reason that 3 yard out is wide open on a 3rd and 7, it's because the defense wants you to throw it to him and Jason Campbell does.

Ohh... And you forgot that he scored as many running touchdowns as the first string running back. Even though Portis got hurt, it was midseason and he had ONE.

You're being silly.

I know, those stats don't count for some reason. And, I know, it doesn't matter that he had one of the worst OLs in the game for pass blocking and run blocking. And, I know, he's a rare example of his stats being overinflated because he's a dinker and dunker like Kurt Warner who had approximately the same YPA last year. And, I know, he had receivers that killed it with YAC, despite only having 1 receiver in the top 32 in the league with total YAC and YAC per catch. And, I know, he made an experienced and well regarded head coach and offensive coordinator, Jim Zorn, look so bad the team hired the bingo man.

You're being silly.

Ohh... And you forgot that he scored as many running touchdowns as the first string running back. Even though Portis got hurt, it was midseason and he had ONE.

Yeah, you guys are right.

It's not like the guy was given more starts than ANY other QB with his record or abyssal play. Stat sheets are all that matter, and only for one season. Forget the 36 starts he had with great and good line protection.

It's all about the numbers, not what can actually be seen by the naked eye watching him play, right? Forget that he already played behind a franchise LT with almost a decade of experience, but people think he would be awesome if we draft a potential franchise LT?

Bobzmuda, did you really try to compare him with Kurt Warner, a guy who had no running game in Arizona, yet took that team to their first SB, and would have won it for them if it wasn't for the Zona's defense? A guy who is a Super Bowl MVP and champion? A guy who got his yards by passing the ball down field because he could actually connect with WR's in stride, nonetheless, not dinking and dunking? And you call ME crazy???

You guys are right. If only everyone could be as blind, we could all ignore the real problems of the world and go on living in la-la land, where excuses flow like rivers.

Archived