Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PPH: Women march topless in Portland without incident

China

Women march topless in Portland without incident

The marchers want to call attention to the double standard in society's attitudes toward male and female nudity.

PORTLAND – About two dozen women marched topless from Longfellow Square to Tommy's Park this afternoon in an effort to erase what they see as a double standard on male and female nudity.

The women, preceded and followed by several hundred boisterous and mostly male onlookers, many of them carrying cameras, stayed on the sidewalk because they hadn't obtained a demonstration permit to walk in the street. About a thousand people gathered as the march passed through Monument Square, a mix of demonstrators, supporters, onlookers and those just out enjoying a warm and sunny early-spring day.

After the marchers reached Tommy's Park in the Old Port, some turned around and walked back to Longfellow Square, but most stayed and mingled in the park. Some happily posed for pictures.

Police said there were no incidents and no arrests – nudity is illegal in Maine only if genitals are displayed.

Ty McDowell, who organized the march, said she was "enraged" by the turnout of men attracted to the demonstration. The purpose, she said, was for society to have the same reaction to a woman walking around topless as it does to men without shirts on.

Click on the link for the full article

I read her statement, I thought "How stupid"

The best thing is it's not even illegal! So basically she thinks women should be able to walk around topless. Ok. You can! Whose stopping you?! Your pissed guys look? Really? Guys like Boobs....It's really not that hard to understand.

Ty McDowell, who organized the march, said she was "enraged" by the turnout of men attracted to the demonstration. The purpose, she said, was for society to have the same reaction to a woman walking around topless as it does to men without shirts on.

Click on the link for the full article

I was going to complain about the lack of pictures, but that last paragraph was so entertaining that I'll let your picture violation pass. This time. ;)

If there was ever a time we needed the old "boobies" smilie, this is it.

Boobs are eye magnets. We look. Ladies, you might not see us look, but we do.

I know a lot of ladies have "someone is looking at my boobs" radar but it's not infallible.

:evilg:

Archived