Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okung gone, Bradford available, what's your scenario now?

KevinthePRF

I think Okung will be there before Bradford. Too bad too, because Bradford has a lot more trade value.

I'm still not sold on Okung being that much better than several other O-linemen, to merit being our only pick in the first 100 picks.

So unless we can get a few more picks through trades, or fill one of the offensive tackle spots through free agency -- I'd try trading this #4 pick down and into at least two picks worth.

Shanny and Haynesworth are not seeing eye to eye. Don't discount the possibility of Suh or McCoy being picked.

Wondering where Mt Cody is projected to go.

Can we trade Haynsworth for enough to get Cody?

:halo:

Already said many times, but trade back for a couple picks. Not outside of the top 15 though, we'll still be able to get a top rated lineman and an extra pick or two.

Even if we trade back with Seattle at #6, the draft value chart says that the difference in the picks is worth a 3rd round pick.

Russellmania09

Just spoke to a high level source...the McNabb trade does NOT 100 % rule out drafting a QB # 4 for #Redskins

Russellmania09

The high level source said that if a QB like Sam Bradford were still to be at # 4..it would be a very tough decision #Redskins

So, you don't think this could be a smoke screen to bait potential teams into trading up for Bradford? Have you learned nothing from McNabb trade?

I'd trade back -- it's obvious Shanny wants to win now. Shore up the O-line, protect McNabb and see what happens.

Bradford is now a Ram in everything but name...

Marc Bulger-QB-Rams Apr. 5 - 3:42 pm et

Rams released QB Marc Bulger.

The move saves $8.5 million in salary, which will come in handy when the Rams make Sam Bradford one of the league's highest paid quarterbacks later this month. Bulger, who turned 33 today, has seen his YPA average drop in six consecutive seasons and his completion rate fall in five straight while looking shell shocked in the pocket behind a swinging-gate offensive line. He'll have suitors (e.g. old head coaches Mike Martz and Scott Linehan in the NFC North), but is unlikely to receive a serious chance to start with his new team.

Related: Sam Bradford

Bradford is now a Ram in everything but name...

Marc Bulger-QB-Rams Apr. 5 - 3:42 pm et

Rams released QB Marc Bulger.

Bulger, who turned 33 today, has seen his YPA average drop in six consecutive seasons and his completion rate fall in five straight while looking shell shocked in the pocket behind a swinging-gate offensive line. He'll have suitors (e.g. old head coaches Mike Martz and Scott Linehan in the NFC North), but is unlikely to receive a serious chance to start with his new team.

Related: Sam Bradford

So Bulger is the same age as McNabb - - I wonder if his completion rate is lower than McNabb's career 59-60% rate?

Okung may very well be gone. But if Bradford is available I think the Skins will get some offers - -the 4th pick is a lot cheaper than the #1 pick. So trade back and pick up a different OT. I don't think it makes sense to draft Bradford. For the McNabb pick to make sense (high second + 3rd or 4th) we really need to get 3 good years out of him. The 4th pick would get a lot of money for sitting on the bench for the majority of his contract.

Now we just have to hope Detroit still goes defensive lineman.

Ndamukong Suh-DL- Player Apr. 5 - 1:31 pm et

According to Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski, the team appears to be moving "closer and closer" to drafting a defensive tackle at No. 2 overall.

Assuming they can't trade the pick, which some observers have called "the hot rumor of late." Ndamukong Suh appears to be the likely choice, as his superior all-around game could help Detroit's run-stopping woes in addition to upgrading the pass rush. Gerald McCoy is more of a pure penetrator.

Source: MLive.com

Related: Gerald McCoy, Lions

yup Bulger is released, Bradford is basically a done deal to St Louis unless Sam's agent royall screws the thing up. I just don't see any player worthy of them taking, and though they'd like to trade down, we basically took a little trip to the bathroom in their pie by taking McNabb. No other team has teh ammunition to move up I think.

Personally I think Okung should be the pick for Detroit, but if they are foolish enough to pass on him I will laugh loudly.

They already have 50.5 Mil tied up in Tommy Kelly:

"Tommy Kelly's $50.5 million contract was the greatest for any defensive tackle until Daniel Snyder overpaid Albert Haynesworth."

Then they traded for Corey Williams who had a 36.6 Mil deal with the browns before the trade.... If they take Suh you are easily talking abother 50 Mil tied up in a DT

Get the picture? If they do this they need to trade a DT is all I can say.

For more reasons see: http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftlionsokung.php

I agree with everything in that article.

Okung is signed sealed and delivered for us to take. The lions just traded for Seattle's starting OG Rob Sims. If they were intending on drafting Okung they wouldn't have made this trade because the plan was moving All Pro Jeff Backus inside to guard. But now they can keep Backus at tackle and will without a doubt go defense. Tampa will go defense as well and that leaves Okung for us. Question now is can we get more draft picks somehow.

Archived