Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!! :wavetowel

I purchased a mini-season plan for the first time. 16 games, and 9 of those 16 are Wednesday games. That is the best day to go to a game here because it's dollar hot dog night. So I scored big time with that. Also, the tickets were only $137 total with taxes, and other fees. With two tix to each game, that's 32 seats for $137...a little over $4 a ticket. :D

The first game on the plan is this coming Thursday. But because it's an afternoon game, I won't be able to attend. But with the tickets came an explanation that I get a one time exchange pass, so that if I don't want to sell them, I can exchange those tix for a game I CAN go to. I dig it.

Just got my 12 game Yankee season ticket package in the mail yesterday. I'm pumped for this season.

That being said, I'm not sure about the Yanks this year. They'll be fine hitting, but the following things concern me.

Nick Johnson will DEFINITELY get hurt. That's a 100% guarantee

AJ Burnett has never been healthy two straight years.

Everybody seems to forget that Javier Vazquez was downright brutal during his last stint in the Bronx.

It doesn't matter how well the Yankees hit this year (and they will hit). If their pitching doesn't hold up, they're in a world of trouble......

Edited by Heidenreich

I purchased a mini-season plan for the first time. 16 games, and 9 of those 16 are Wednesday games. That is the best day to go to a game here because it's dollar hot dog night. So I scored big time with that. Also, the tickets were only $137 total with taxes, and other fees. With two tix to each game, that's 32 seats for $137...a little over $4 a ticket. :D

The first game on the plan is this coming Thursday. But because it's an afternoon game, I won't be able to attend. But with the tickets came an explanation that I get a one time exchange pass, so that if I don't want to sell them, I can exchange those tix for a game I CAN go to. I dig it.

Is it dollar Texas Chili Dog night? :drooley:

I used to hate the Rangers but then I opened my eyes and stopped hating and I think they will do well this year.

That's a sweet deal. I like the fact that baseball remains affordable, even for families, to attend.

Do you know who the opponents are off-hand rp?

Just got my 12 game Yankee season ticket package in the mail yesterday. I'm pumped for this season.

That being said, I'm not sure about the Yanks this year. They'll be fine hitting, but the following things concern me.

Nick Johnson will DEFINITELY get hurt. That's a 100% guarantee

AJ Burnett has never been healthy two straight years.

Everybody seems to forget that Javier Vazquez was downright brutal during his last stint in the Bronx.

It doesn't matter how well the Yankees hit this year (and they will hit). If their pitching doesn't hold up, they're in a world of trouble......

Nick Johnson is already hurt, he fouled a ball off his knee during the last spring training game :ols:

Vazquez will be fine this year mainly because he's not being relied on as the staff ace like he was during his first run in NY. they have him slated as their 4th starter, its hard to find another team who's 4th starter is as good as him

Are the Nats going with a four-man rotation, or have they just not named their 5th starter yet? I checked their depth chart and rotation at nationals.com and they only have four starters listed.

Aside: John Kruk grew up in Keyser, WV, about 15 miles from my hometown. And Joe Beimel pitched at the community college I attended, while I was there. (So did Steve Francis, but this is a baseball thread.) :)

Can't wait for Orioles on Tuesday. Looking forward to the season, have always loved baseball probably my favorite sport along with Redskins and college basketball. Also my first year doing fantasy baseball, seems cool. Got Joe Mauer, Adrian Gonzalez, and Felix Hernandez. And Miguel Tejada. :) I won't bore you all with that though haha. Think I am gonna get the MLB package on DirecTv it's ony like $120 or something I think.

Is it dollar Texas Chili Dog night? :drooley:

I used to hate the Rangers but then I opened my eyes and stopped hating and I think they will do well this year.

:ols: I see what you did there. ;)

I WISH! :ols:

That's a sweet deal. I like the fact that baseball remains affordable, even for families, to attend.

Do you know who the opponents are off-hand rp?

These seats are on the first base side in the upper level. But it's easy enough to move down during the game, so the seats will be just fine. And the first base side is where you want to be since the sun shines out in left field and part of the third base side. So yeah, it was a great deal.

Yes, I did know all the dates and opponents before hand. I think there are 5 different mini-plans. There is a 28 gamer, three 16 gamers, and a 12 gamer. The 12 gamer is the only one where you get to pick out which games you want, but the package is more expensive because the seats are in the Cuervo Club behind home plate. The thing that convinced me to buy the package I chose was because it had the best deal and like I said, it had a lot of Wednesday games.

I love baseball season. There is nothing like going to the ballpark on a summer evening and watching a game. I can't wait!

I completely agree. Unfortunately for me, the nearest one is over 3 hours away. :(

Baseball isn't my favorite sport. But its my fav to watch in person. Like you said, nothing beats a night (or day) out at the ballpark.

Best part of baseball season is matinee baseball

What other sport has 12 pm games? The Red Sox have a long standing tradition of games played at 11 AM on "Patriot's Day", same day as Boston Marathon or something like that. See, in basketball you got all that crap on at night but you can enjoy afternoon baseball, on a weekday, in the summer. Good times

No Orioles today for some reason

Looking over the MLB 2k10 franchise schedule for BALT I thought it was a typo but after double checking today or yesterday there really is no O game until tomorrow.

The O's don't play today because there is no chance of a rainout in the domed Trop. It's annoying that we O's fans have to wait another day, then watch the first three games in that abortion of a stadium they have down there. Ugh.