Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Westboro Baptist Church Protester Beaten, Maced by Civilans while Police Watch

#98QBKiller

Video link:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/651156/3025838

News story:

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93527?fp=1

WASHINGTON – A rally just blocks from the Capitol turned violent on Wednesday as a protester was assaulted by a group of civilians. Two uniformed police officers can be seen standing just feet away from the attack but failed to intervene. Three men, one of whom appears to use pepper spray on the victim, fled the scene.

Mayor Adrian Fenty condemned the attack. "Everyone has a right to voice their opinions, no matter how outrageous or ridiculous they may be. And violence is not the answer." Fenty said. "We are planning a full investigation into the actions, or lack thereof, from the police officers at the scene." he said, visibly holding back laughter. Fenty high-fived Police Chief, Cathy Lanier upon exiting the press room.

It is unclear what transpired the attacks. According to witnesses, the protester was holding signs and chanting loud, inflammatory remarks in the direction of those who passed by. Dr. Jeremy Brown, who was present during the attack told reporters: "the (expletive) got what he deserved."

Best one yet. :ols:

On a side not, WBC is coming to Blacksburg in like a week or so to protest at a couple of different places because apparently the shootings on 4/16/07 were because all the students and people at VT are sinners and deserved it and the shooter was a child of God (this is off their website btw). I wasn't aware that this was the reason for the shootings, obviously. I chose to believe psychology and science.

The VT counter protests are pretty insane, I'll be there along with several thousand students too. Thankfully they are SUPER organized and priorotizing respectful counter protesting

Best one yet. :ols:

On a side not, WBC is coming to Blacksburg in like a week or so to protest at a couple of different places because apparently the shootings on 4/16/07 were because all the students and people at VT are sinners and deserved it and the shooter was a child of God (this is off their website btw). I wasn't aware that this was the reason for the shootings, obviously. I chose to believe psychology and science.

The VT counter protests are pretty insane, I'll be there along with several thousand students too. Thankfully they are SUPER organized and priorotizing respectful counter protesting

My girlfriend's sister is going to the counter protest. I truly admire all those at Tech who are trying to make the counter protests as civil as possible. I would never go anywhere close to that mess, I don't handle mass stupidity that well.

Archived