Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Expendables; Machete

ACW

Wow, that was the worst movie I have ever seen. My friend and both wanted to walk out, but we both stayed out of respect for each other. Every part of that movie was terrible.

First of all, I will never attend another Stallone directed film. The cinematography was completely static and devoid of artist talent, the dialogue gave me cancer, the storyline was idiotic, even the action scenes were unbelievably bad.

I don't mean to be mean, but everyone who liked this piece of crap is a moron and solely responsible for the production of these travesties.

really? i don't mean to be mean, but you are a douche.

You need to learn to manage your expectations better. If you walked into that movie expecting anything more than what you got... well let's just say you shouldn't be calling anyone a moron. :)

I had no intentions of seeing it until a friend of mine called me at work late last night and we caught the 10:20 showing. It wasn't a matter of expectations. It was just poor, crappy film-making and even the supposed strengths of the movie (action, humor, cast) were all awful beyond words.

As I was watching the movie I was thinking to myself that I always give movies a chance and that I recognize a movie for what it is and judge it based on that. There was no saving this garbage.

I had no intentions of seeing it until a friend of mine called me at work late last night and we caught the 10:20 showing. It wasn't a matter of expectations. It was just poor, crappy film-making and even the supposed strengths of the movie (action, humor, cast) were all awful beyond words.

As I was watching the movie I was thinking to myself that I always give movies a chance and that I recognize a movie for what it is and judge it based on that. There was no saving this garbage.

Then it just wasn't your thing. What action movies have you like recently? Just curious.

Wow, that was the worst movie I have ever seen. My friend and both wanted to walk out, but we both stayed out of respect for each other. Every part of that movie was terrible.

First of all, I will never attend another Stallone directed film. The cinematography was completely static and devoid of artist talent, the dialogue gave me cancer, the storyline was idiotic, even the action scenes were unbelievably bad.

I don't mean to be mean, but everyone who liked this piece of crap is a moron and solely responsible for the production of these travesties.

I have a feeling that I would feel the same way about the movie, and thats why I don't plan on seeing it until it comes out on DVD. That being said, if other people like this movie, I wont judge them. To each their own.

Saw the Expendables. Have no idea if I liked it or not. It was entertaining for a mid-afternoon, summer shoot 'em up six dollar action flick but it's nothing I'm going to rave about. It was what it was a good, mindless, entertaining bit of afternoon fun.

Am a little disappointed Stone Cold didn't get offed by one of the two leads. Thought he deserved that. Was also a little uncomfortable with the whole "he'll hit women" thing since he did actually hit a woman.

Loved seeing Bruce, Arnold and Sly on screen at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
With a few exceptions, you could take the last 20 action movies you've seen, mash them together, and you have The Expendables. Not sure what all the hype was about.
You say that like it's a BAD thing :ols:

Just downloaded....err...i mean went to see The Expendables this weekend. Just what i imagined.

Pretty corny/predictable plot, but you don't watch movies like this for the plot. :)

THat scene with Terry Crews and his exploding rounds AA12 auto shotty gave me goosebumps LOL. i'm sure the Modern Warfare 2 guys got a kick outta that as well

I saw Machete last night for some free screening in Miami.

It's ok. It's literally the fake Machete trailer from Grindhouse, expanded about an hour and a half.

Personally, I don't know if I'd pay to go see it (probably not, just because it was a little silly for my own taste), but for anyone who likes all kinds of ridiculous, silly, action movies with a lot of over the top violence, it's not bad.

Cool to see Danny Trejo get a starring role though. And Jessica Alba is incredibly hot in this movie (and they play her character up for that purpose), and I'm not even a huge Jessica Alba fan. Even the normally really butch Michelle Rodriguez looks pretty good and actually has a decent character compared to her cheesy Fast & Furious roles.

The only major gripe I had was DeNiro totally mailing his performance in about halfway through the movie. He even changes his accent from this Texas swagger to a clear New York accent. Also, the movie starts out using some great practical effects for gore, but then switches to CGI, which is usually how Robert Rodriguez handles this kind of stuff, but that's better for movies like Sin City than a Grindhouse feature like this.

It's like a solid 5 or 5.5 out of 10 kind of movie.

The only major gripe I had was DeNiro totally mailing his performance in about halfway through the movie. He even changes his accent from this Texas swagger to a clear New York accent.
That was deliberate. Remember, he admits he's not really from Texas.

Machete was utter crap. I stayed to the bitter end but I was ready to get out of there. I enjoyed the expendables much more.

Machete had tons of potential, but it just kept getting worse as the movie went on. The last scene was the worst shot scene ever....

• 10 months later...

So, there's gonna be an Expendables sequel :)

Also:

Robert Rodriguez says Machete sequel is greenlit and called Machete Kills. Part 3 will be called Machete Kills...Again! and is a space opera
:ols:

Archived