Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suppose you had an idea for an invention but no idea how to build it.

skinnyfan57

no idea how to build it. Someone else could very easily but you are retarded when it comes to stuff like that. You also like talking about yourself in 2nd person.

What should you do?

enter into a contract with someone you think can build it, that defines how all costs, rights, responsibilities, profits, ownership, etc. will be split.

isn't this basically like saying you'd like to be a world-famous composer except that you can't read music or play any instruments?

No. Not at all. To me, it's like being a song-writer but not having the voice to actually sing it.

Ideas are the most important part of inventions. Someone, somewhere has the skills to build things.

Again, I think the concept is the key. So, if this is a legitimate question, I'd look into patenting your idea and then moving forward looking for someone to help you execute it.

Google is your friend :)

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/inventing/patent-ideas/

With respect to patents, many people will have great ideas, but will not be able to put that idea into a package appropriate for a patent because there is no invention, only a concept. To be sure, the idea is the all critical first step in the invention process. After you come up with the idea or concept you now need to put together a game plan on how to carry that idea through. The idea and game plan together form what the law calls conception. Conception is an important concept in patent law because in the United States it is the first person to invent that will ultimately receive the exclusive rights on an invention. That being said, it is critical that once you conceive (idea + game plan) you will need to be diligent and not let any grass grow under your feet as you move forward toward defining and experimenting with your invention

Archived