Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins interested in NOTHING!!!

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm still standing by my "3-year mercy grace period" I promised Allen and Shanny, but I can't lie, I'm agitated right now. I understand we don't want to overpay people, but it's an uncapped year AND WE STILL WON'T BUDGE AT ALL!? I understand this method of maddness works for some people, but how often does this work for a 4-12 football that doesn't want to be 4-12 anymore? The Dolphins comes to mind, but even they made a move for a starting QB and wouldn't of won jack**** without that move.

I'm going to be patient, because that's the only thing I can do right now. We do have some talent already, and I do believe fixing the o-line and getting a solid FS is an auto 4+ wins with Shanny here. But I was looking for an offseason that would payoff next year, not two or three years down the road. I'm glad we didn't make it rain for Peppers like Chicago did, seriously, it's a move that commands respect considering the last couple offseasons here. But letting Foote and Parker walk and Antonio Bryant change his mind of coming here has me extremely, well, dissapointed.

On top of that, this is a billion dollar franchise. Penny-pinching is really not what I like to see. I can't get comfortable with this, even it is "in-theory" the "right" thing to do. Uncapped year, Thomas Jones signs for $5 million, and we're balking at player demands left and right. I'll shut up if we start winning games, but even then, I'm not cool with this at all.

And where the hell is Hunter the Punter and the Red Snapper? Why aren't they resigned yet?

Am I alone here?

No, but I'm getting anxious! They need to either pick up a couple more draft picks, or sign at least a couple players before the draft.

I feel you, Prez, 110%. I can understand not going after the super-high priced big names, but signing one player so far is not going to cut it for me.

They have already cut so much dead weight. Let me ask this, if they signed Foote, Hicks, another lineman and a skill position player followed with a solid draft, would people be happy? it's very likely that it will happen so chill.

Personally, if you told me that our offseason was making those additions while cutting 10 worthless players without penalty, I would be very satisfied.

I do understand the fustration. My only problem is I wish we would have signed Antrel Rolle. I'm just suprised Pashos, Clifton, Parker, Foote have all visted and we didn't sign any of them.

I'm just not used to that. I don't like the penny pinching either. I just hope we don't become a stingy Franchise like the Cardinals. That is the worst. Hopefully we can sign some solid role players and have a really good draft. That is really how you improve your team.

O and I love your title. It really does seem like we are interested in NOTHING :ols:

Um, wowzers. There probably were other threads covering the same dismay, so your were not alone. But really did you enjoy that last ten years?

The off-season championship T-shirts wearing out on you?

Just sit back and marvel at the Men at work and bask in the glow of re-built credibility, notice how the media is afraid to speculate on the Redskins this week? Can't you smell the journalistic meltdown as they were all prepared for Snydergeddon?

I wish folks would stop whining and just chill. We only 5 days into free agency and its gonna take a couple of seasons to rebuild with youth so what's the rush. As long as we have the best 53 we can have by the beginning of September than that's all that matters.

I'm glad they didn't go for the top guys and overpay, but I would like to see some additions made besides the draft, like you said, we were 4-12 last year. There are holes that can't be filled all in one off-season, yet some moves need to be made besides the draft to get better. Just sit back, be patient. You've endured terrible seasons that were done the other way, so give this one a chance.

I chose not disappointed.

They have already cut so much dead weight. Let me ask this, if they signed Foote, Hicks, another lineman and a skill position player followed with a solid draft, would people be happy? it's very likely that it will happen so chill.

Personally, if you told me that our offseason was making those additions while cutting 10 worthless players without penalty, I would be very satisfied.

As would I but its not happening. We have signed a 33 year old vet and that's it. Trading players for picks isn't as easy as signing free agents. You need value and a team who wants them. Free agents you have them in front of you and that's it. Its different being outbid but as Allen said not offering contracts on a visit is dumb. No one is going to beat down our door to play here.

Um, wowzers. There probably were other threads covering the same dismay, so your were not alone. But really did you enjoy that last ten years?

The off-season championship T-shirts wearing out on you?

Just sit back and marvel at the Men at work and bask in the glow of re-built credibility, notice how the media is afraid to speculate on the Redskins this week? Can't you smell the journalistic meltdown as they were all prepared for Snydergeddon?

The losses? No. The aggressiveness? Absolutely. Sometimes you hit, and sometimes you miss, but damn if you don't even try.

So because all of a sudden the team hasn't become a connoisseur of the aged, damaged, less than talented and has been players that are available in the UFA market, the sky is falling?

This is beyond silly. I still can't believe that people still thought that this team was going to overpay for mediocre players.

We are currently leaning more towards being run like a normal NFL franchise and people can't stand it.

I really like this offseason so far.

we are hearing from all the madden players and fantasy football fans right now, that are use to picking up big name free agents.....only to complain later when they don't work out. To them I will say we signed Hicks, and will draft another offensive lineman in round 1 or 2. Then next year we will sign another offensive lineman in free agency and draft another offensive lineman in round 1 or 2. At that point FOUR new offensive linemen will have joined Dockery and Raybach. What exactly was YOUR plan for replacing the offensive line, besides cutting EVERYBODY and drafting a whole new offensive line with all 6 picks.

Very likely? Foote just left, Pashos left, and Antonio Bryant ain't coming. The FA class is already thin, so the chicken bones might as well have salmonella. If we were going to do anything in FA, we had to do it realitively quick, and this is anything but "realitively quick".

Anyone that votes "yes" on this poll has lost their mind.

It's that simple. Those people have gone and lost their minds.

Let's rewind the clocks back to November. When people were wearing paper bags to games, protesting Snyder, figuring out how to put signs and banners in away games, etc.

If someone had come and told us, "Following this season, Snyder will completely step back, Shanahan and Bruce Allen will take over, and the Skins will cut a bunch of older players and not sign any lower tier free agents to big contracts."

The reaction on here would have been overwhelming joy. Pure celebration. Finally, the Redskins are operating like a real NFL franchise.

Now that the time has come though, it's "we're so rich, Snyder can get any FA he wants, why are we letting Larry Foote leave? Where's Jamal Williams!"

I'd like to think there are more sane people around here, but the last few days are really showing an absurd side of the Redskins' fan base.

we are hearing from all the madden players and fantasy football fans right now, that are use to picking up big name free agents.....only to complain later when they don't work out. To them I will say we signed Hicks, and will draft another offensive lineman in round 1 or 2. Then next year we will sign another offensive lineman in free agency and draft another offensive lineman in round 1 or 2. At that point FOUR new offensive linemen will have joined Dockery and Raybach. What exactly was YOUR plan for replacing the offensive line, besides cutting EVERYBODY and drafting a whole new offensive line with all 6 picks.

A player like Pashos wasn't going to garner a $10 million signing bonus, but it would've given us veteran to keep us from relying on an o-line made up of first and second year players like you're suggesting for the next two years.

You don't have to give everyone arab money, but sometimes you do have to overpay a little to stay competitive. I'm not okay with going 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, like we're supposed to. Not in a league where teams regularly go from bottom feeders to playoff teams overnight with the right couple moves.

I'm still standing by my "3-year mercy grace period" I promised Allen and Shanny, but I can't lie, I'm agitated right now. I understand we don't want to overpay people, but it's an uncapped year AND WE STILL WON'T BUDGE AT ALL!? I understand this method of maddness works for some people, but how often does this work for a 4-12 football that doesn't want to be 4-12 anymore? The Dolphins comes to mind, but even they made a move for a starting QB and wouldn't of won jack**** without that move.

I'm going to be patient, because that's the only thing I can do right now. We do have some talent already, and I do believe fixing the o-line and getting a solid FS is an auto 4+ wins with Shanny here. But I was looking for an offseason that would payoff next year, not two or three years down the road. I'm glad we didn't make it rain for Peppers like Chicago did, seriously, it's a move that commands respect considering the last couple offseasons here. But letting Foote and Parker walk and Antonio Bryant change his mind of coming here has me extremely, well, dissapointed.

On top of that, this is a billion dollar franchise. Penny-pinching is really not what I like to see. I can't get comfortable with this, even it is "in-theory" the "right" thing to do. Uncapped year, Thomas Jones signs for $5 million, and we're balking at player demands left and right. I'll shut up if we start winning games, but even then, I'm not cool with this at all.

And where the hell is Hunter the Punter and the Red Snapper? Why aren't they resigned yet?

Am I alone here?

I understand your frustration but in reality this is a great thing. I think alot of people fail to realize how bad the front office has been and how bad especially the last two years coaching has been. I think the guys we have like Devin Thomas Fred Davis Jason Campbell will thrive with Shanny running the show youll see a whole 180 just in discipline. Plus the true test I think is gonna be the draft plus I really think they will make a few trades to pick up more picks. Stay patient plus who knows Foote Parker and Bryant still arent signed whos to say we wont sign them.

Who really have we missed out on? 30 something O Linemen? I thought everyone was ****ing our O line is too old. Even if Foote and Parker are signed it dont make me want to say wow. So if they want to much tehn take a walk. They said they are trying to change the culture and thats what this feels like. As redskins fans we have been spoiled in the past and think we have pissing rights to every FA. As a consequence of that the skins have been used as a barganing tool for all players. Its a stigma they are better off without. Maybe the new management likes the skill we have in some areas and are willing to let them at least try to get a starting role. Sure we need warm bodies but for the right price and ones that fit the plan. Irish eyes are smiling

Archived