Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins interested in NOTHING!!!

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Anyone that votes "yes" on this poll has lost their mind.

It's that simple. Those people have gone and lost their minds.

Let's rewind the clocks back to November. When people were wearing paper bags to games, protesting Snyder, figuring out how to put signs and banners in away games, etc.

If someone had come and told us, "Following this season, Snyder will completely step back, Shanahan and Bruce Allen will take over, and the Skins will cut a bunch of older players and not sign any lower tier free agents to big contracts."

The reaction on here would have been overwhelming joy. Pure celebration. Finally, the Redskins are operating like a real NFL franchise.

Now that the time has come though, it's "we're so rich, Snyder can get any FA he wants, why are we letting Larry Foote leave? Where's Jamal Williams!"

I'd like to think there are more sane people around here, but the last few days are really showing an absurd side of the Redskins' fan base.

I guess I've lost my mind then. Jamal Williams I don't agree with unless for depth, but a player like Maake Kemoeatu would be smart considering a switch to 3-4 and we don't have a NT. I'll be pissed if he walks. I'm not saying maintain status quo, I'm saying we need to complement veteran additions with draft picks to help improve as a football team. Even draft picks don't pan out sometimes.

There's a smart way to go about being aggressive in FA. But considering the circumstances, I don't believe we are being aggressive enough.

I feel you, Prez, 110%. I can understand not going after the super-high priced big names, but signing one player so far is not going to cut it for me.

That's not true...they re-signed Williams, Rabach, Alexander...and whoever else...I guess they liked what they saw in a 4-12 team from a year ago. The new regime has not impressed me at all this free agency...I don't care if his name is Shanahan...this team needs help!!!! Get to work Shanny and Allen and start proving your worth around here.

You are right the Fa class is already thin but with who? Are these Pro-Bowl players at there positions that are walking away? I don't think so, so whats the rush to sign average players more players will get cut so be patient, the players we need might already be on the team and just need better coaching than Jim Zorn to become better players! Hello, great coaches get the best out of there players! (hence Joe Gibbs)

I understand your frustration but in reality this is a great thing. I think alot of people fail to realize how bad the front office has been and how bad especially the last two years coaching has been. I think the guys we have like Devin Thomas Fred Davis Jason Campbell will thrive with Shanny running the show youll see a whole 180 just in discipline. Plus the true test I think is gonna be the draft plus I really think they will make a few trades to pick up more picks. Stay patient plus who knows Foote Parker and Bryant still arent signed whos to say we wont sign them.

I hear what you're sayin, and you make a good point about them not being signed yet. I'm just not cool with relying souly on the draft anymore then I was souly relying on free agency. I was hoping for a respectable balance and I'm not seeing that.

I'm still standing by my "3-year mercy grace period" I promised Allen and Shanny, but I can't lie, I'm agitated right now. I understand we don't want to overpay people, but it's an uncapped year AND WE STILL WON'T BUDGE AT ALL!? I understand this method of maddness works for some people, but how often does this work for a 4-12 football that doesn't want to be 4-12 anymore? The Dolphins comes to mind, but even they made a move for a starting QB and wouldn't of won jack**** without that move.

On top of that, this is a billion dollar franchise. Penny-pinching is really not what I like to see. I can't get comfortable with this, even it is "in-theory" the "right" thing to do. Uncapped year, Thomas Jones signs for $5 million, and we're balking at player demands left and right. I'll shut up if we start winning games, but even then, I'm not cool with this at all.

And where the hell is Hunter the Punter and the Red Snapper? Why aren't they resigned yet?

Am I alone here?

All of you guys that are hitting the panic button because we haven't made moves are ridiculous! Finally, after 10 years of bad decisions, over paying and impulse decisions, we have a front office that is showing some restraint, and now you guys are pouting about it. Makes me sick. Do you realize how weak this FA class is this year? Do you realize that next year could be the largest and deepest FA pool ever and that maybe, just maybe we want to position ourselves to really take advantage of it??? No you haven't. You guys are like crack addicts needing your fix in the offseason. How about we finally make our statement during the regular season shedding our meaningless annual "Offseason Champions" stature. If I have to read another thread about this I am going to puke. How about you relax, give the guys in charge some credit for not overpaying some of these over the hill high priced Free Agents. And mark my words, next year, assuming there is a CBA agreement, we are going to be in a heck of a position to take advantage of all the guys that were restricted and tendered this year, as well as the new class of unrestricted FA's. For now, stop boring us with this garbage.

The losses? No. The aggressiveness? Absolutely. Sometimes you hit, and sometimes you miss, but damn if you don't even try.

The problem was the Redskins were not even 50% right on FA's and that caused them to continue to lose. Thankfully we do have an owner who won't accept losing and has backed off.

I am sure if Shanalen thought that one of those guys available would have improved a position they would have signed them. Unlike before where they just signed them regardless. The old team would have signed Peppers this year, would the Skins really need Peppers for that much commitment?

Added to that fact, this team is building for more than this year. And maybe that suffering does not sit well with those of us who were less than satisfied again with the results in win and losses. You said you would allow three years to fully gauge them, yet five days into FA your coming unglued. It's okay change is needed and hard to accept.

Renegade, you honestly are an Off-Season Junky. The Washington Redskins is an evil mistress that has gotten you hooked on lots of action during the Off-Season. Big names, multiple signings, etc. is the fix you think you need, but believe me when I tell you, you are just going through withdrawals. Lock yourself in an isolated room, until the draft, and by then you might have shaken the addiction. Hang in there.

I guess I've lost my mind then. Jamal Williams I don't agree with unless for depth, but a player like Maake Kemoeatu would be smart considering a switch to 3-4 and we don't have a NT. I'll be pissed if he walks. I'm not saying maintain status quo, I'm saying we need to complement veteran additions with draft picks to help improve as a football team. Even draft picks don't pan out sometimes.

There's a smart way to go about being aggressive in FA. But considering the circumstances, I don't believe we are being aggressive enough.

Go aggressive for who?

These nobodies?

The big FAs were Peppers, Dansby, and Rolle. Peppers could have been alright, but we didn't need to invest a lot of money in him when we have Orakpo.

Dansby is an above average player. Not premiere, just "good" on a scale from "pathetic" to "Peyton Manning."

Rolle is really just average. People complained that we didn't sign him as our FS, but the guy sucks at FS. He can't play the deep ball and is struggling to salvage his career after being drafted as a CB in the 1st round. It works out fine that the Giants picked him up.

Clifton would have been nice, maybe, but he didn't want to play here. He likes Green Bay. So we weren't going to change that.

From there it's just a mixed bag of after-thought guys and bench warmers.

Larry Foote? Antonio Bryant? Tony Pashos? Atogwe?

I get the idea of looking for guys to try and help us out in the short term, but these guys don't present anything better than what we already have laying around Redskins Park. It's just that they're outside guys that some might hope could provide some kind of spark and help improve us.

Meanwhile they're still sitting out there on this dismal FA market for a reason.

So yeah, I don't think signing the guys that most other teams don't want anymore is the answer for anything.

And I think complaining about it 4 days into FA, with over a month before the draft, and about 5 months until opening day, is just silly.

You are right the Fa class is already thin but with who? Are these Pro-Bowl players at there positions that are walking away? I don't think so, so whats the rush to sign average players more players will get cut so be patient, the players we need might already be on the team and just need better coaching than Jim Zorn to become better players! Hello, great coaches get the best out of there players! (hence Joe Gibbs)

I can dig what you're saying, and you're right that the current coaching staff will get more out of the players here then Zorn ever did. But you can only get but so much out of players if they suck. BMW was out the league until last year, and Rabach (even under bugel) was constantly being pushed in the backfield. We have a bunch of players right now on the o-line that just aren't any good.

I wouldn't mind overpaying on a couple respectable veteran o-linemen that fit the ZBS if it keeps us from starting 4-5 unexperienced players on the o-line with camp fodder for backups.

And to all the individuals telling me to stop whinning, EVERYBODY was whinning up until a minute ago because we didn't aggressivly address the o-line last year in FA. What changed? What, we're rebuilding now? If the o-line sucks next year, and/or some of our o-line picks end up being busts, this thread is going to get bumped and it won't get bumped by me.

Renegade, you honestly are an Off-Season Junky. The Washington Redskins is an evil mistress that has gotten you hooked on lots of action during the Off-Season. Big names, multiple signings, etc. is the fix you think you need, but believe me when I tell you, you are just going through withdrawals. Lock yourself in an isolated room, until the draft, and by then you might have shaken the addiction. Hang in there.

Thanx, man, I might just do that. Or at least back off a little, because even as a die hard fan, there's nothing to see here.

Go aggressive for who?

These nobodies?

The big FAs were Peppers, Dansby, and Rolle. Peppers could have been alright, but we didn't need to invest a lot of money in him when we have Orakpo.

Dansby is an above average player. Not premiere, just "good" on a scale from "pathetic" to "Peyton Manning."

Rolle is really just average. People complained that we didn't sign him as our FS, but the guy sucks at FS. He can't play the deep ball and is struggling to salvage his career after being drafted as a CB in the 1st round. It works out fine that the Giants picked him up.

Clifton would have been nice, maybe, but he didn't want to play here. He likes Green Bay. So we weren't going to change that.

From there it's just a mixed bag of after-thought guys and bench warmers.

Larry Foote? Antonio Bryant? Tony Pashos? Atogwe?

I get the idea of looking for guys to try and help us out in the short term, but these guys don't present anything better than what we already have laying around Redskins Park. It's just that they're outside guys that some might hope could provide some kind of spark and help improve us.

Meanwhile they're still sitting out there on this dismal FA market for a reason.

So yeah, I don't think signing the guys that most other teams don't want anymore is the answer for anything.

And I think complaining about it 4 days into FA, with over a month before the draft, and about 5 months until opening day, is just silly.

You aren't reading my posts, man.

I'm glad we didn't give Peppers the bank, but a player like Larry Foote understands the 3-4 and would've helped considering the lack of true linebackers on the roster. The man had 99 tackles last year, he's no chump. And Bryant is better then any of the WRs on our roster, and comes from a WCO in Tampa. Pashos is better then any of the garbage heap players we have at tackle right now. Parker would've been great depth, especially considering we don't have any behind Portis now. BTW, who's behind JC right now? Exactly.

The players that came and left weren't great, so overpaying them a little bit wasn't going to put us in cap hell. It would've given us some kind of help at several of our positions of need. They were all upgrades at positions of need.

You don't have to give everyone arab money, but sometimes you do have to overpay a little to stay competitive. I'm not okay with going 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, like we're supposed to. Not in a league where teams regularly go from bottom feeders to playoff teams overnight with the right couple moves.

I think people would be OK with going 5-11 (or worse!) to 7-9 as long as you're doing it with players who are new faces of the team and there's the recognition of some time needed for some cohesiveness and rebuilding.

Right now, though, Jason Campbell, Clinton Portis, and Santana Moss are still the faces of this team on the side of the ball which is the most scruntinized. Despite people so far being mostly satisfied with the team's approach to the offseason thus far (and it is still very early), if we're still going below .500 with those guys still on the field next year, people are NOT going to be happy.

SO we didn't make a big splash like all the idiot sport outlets love to beat Synder up on.I'm thrilled they kept there dealings in house and quiet. If the Redskins went down the same Old path, Peeps would be crying "here we go again. The new FO is doing it the right way, build through the draft, pick up a couple guys to fill areas of need, and maybe even do some trades will see. I'm happy that Florio, Don banks, King and all the rest have no Fodder from us to write about.

I hear what you're sayin, and you make a good point about them not being signed yet. I'm just not cool with relying souly on the draft anymore then I was souly relying on free agency. I was hoping for a respectable balance and I'm not seeing that.
I definately understand where your coming from. Were all use to being excited right now because we got a brand new toy. Trust me I have the anxiety just like you but I told myself im gonna trust Shanny and Allen because Ive been complaining about how the Redskins were run for so long. I think were all addicted to Freeagency and we know its bad for us but we need an intervention to get us off this horrible drug.

I'm not happy that we haven't brought back Hunter the Punter and Red Snapper, but honestly, there haven't been any FA's worth spending any dough on. Not for what we need as a team.

I mean if Jhari Evans or Marcus McNeil, or Logan Mankin were UFAs like they would've been under a capped year I guarantee that one of them would be sporting B&G right now.

Another point I wanted to bring up is if it wasnt clear players and agents use us as a negotiating tool this year proves it strongly. And that the media will do the same. We were linked to every big name free agent known to man this season. I mean thats another thing that opened my eyes I mean I knew that goes on but when we signed no one....WOW....it just goes to show what players and agents and media really thought about us and it makes me happy the culture is changing.

All of you guys that are hitting the panic button because we haven't made moves are ridiculous! Finally, after 10 years of bad decisions, over paying and impulse decisions, we have a front office that is showing some restraint, and now you guys are pouting about it. Makes me sick. Do you realize how weak this FA class is this year? Do you realize that next year could be the largest and deepest FA pool ever and that maybe, just maybe we want to position ourselves to really take advantage of it??? No you haven't. You guys are like crack addicts needing your fix in the offseason. How about we finally make our statement during the regular season shedding our meaningless annual "Offseason Champions" stature. If I have to read another thread about this I am going to puke. How about you relax, give the guys in charge some credit for not overpaying some of these over the hill high priced Free Agents. And mark my words, next year, assuming there is a CBA agreement, we are going to be in a heck of a position to take advantage of all the guys that were restricted and tendered this year, as well as the new class of unrestricted FA's. For now, stop boring us with this garbage.

Of course I realize how weak this class is, that's why I'm mad as hell we're letting some of these players walk that could genuinely help our football team. I'm not saying go out and sign everybody, but damn we just cut 10 players and only have 5 draft picks. There's an art to being smart and aggresive with your money, and dammit I will never support losing to win. I cannot get behind sucking a couple years for better draft picks in hopes that we'll be good in the future. The draft picks could be busts, so you have to sign players too for balance. Teams make jumps every year, but we've had an arrogant fool in Vinny making a mockery of a logical plan.

So because all of a sudden the team hasn't become a connoisseur of the aged, damaged, less than talented and has been players that are available in the UFA market, the sky is falling?

This is beyond silly. I still can't believe that people still thought that this team was going to overpay for mediocre players.

So how do you plan on filling the loss of 10 players with 5 picks on a 4-12 football team? Suck next year, and get more draft picks?

Bryant is an upgrade, Foote is an upgrade, Pashos, Parker, all upgrades, and not players that would've demanded out of this world contracts. Damn if you aren't going to generalize my entire thread without even thinking about the overall point.

Figures...

Archived