Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins interested in NOTHING!!!

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm sure this has been said but...

there's a lot more that goes into building a competitive team than having a total/average salary.

they were discussing this on the radio, and i agree, that even in an uncapped year, buying the best player at every position and putting them on the field probably doesn't give you better than a 50/50 shot at winning a superbowl, or even getting there. its one of the craziest things about the sport - the team with the best record doesn't alway smake it to the superbowl. sometimes squeeking into the playoffs is all you need.

so we can't really evaluate the moves until the end of next season and we see where the team is. it'll be hard to say they didn't improve, considering they only won 4 games. but we never know. maybe they win 9, squeek into the playoffs, and become the cardinals of 08 - a team in the superbowl noone thought was possible.

or maybe they've already become the lions/raiders/browns - a team that no matter what they do, they'll always be among the bottom.

its too early to be angry, or happy as a whole. the bottom line is we're doing something different this year, and thats enough for me to keep my faith in the idea that competitent people are finally running the show.

afterall, if we were all so good at it, we'd probably have a job somewhere as a scout or GM. but we don't.

I'm still standing by my "3-year mercy grace period" I promised Allen and Shanny, but I can't lie, I'm agitated right now. I understand we don't want to overpay people, but it's an uncapped year AND WE STILL WON'T BUDGE AT ALL!? I understand this method of maddness works for some people, but how often does this work for a 4-12 football that doesn't want to be 4-12 anymore? The Dolphins comes to mind, but even they made a move for a starting QB and wouldn't of won jack**** without that move.

I'm going to be patient, because that's the only thing I can do right now. We do have some talent already, and I do believe fixing the o-line and getting a solid FS is an auto 4+ wins with Shanny here. But I was looking for an offseason that would payoff next year, not two or three years down the road. I'm glad we didn't make it rain for Peppers like Chicago did, seriously, it's a move that commands respect considering the last couple offseasons here. But letting Foote and Parker walk and Antonio Bryant change his mind of coming here has me extremely, well, dissapointed.

On top of that, this is a billion dollar franchise. Penny-pinching is really not what I like to see. I can't get comfortable with this, even it is "in-theory" the "right" thing to do. Uncapped year, Thomas Jones signs for $5 million, and we're balking at player demands left and right. I'll shut up if we start winning games, but even then, I'm not cool with this at all.

And where the hell is Hunter the Punter and the Red Snapper? Why aren't they resigned yet?

Am I alone here?

The short answer....yes. You should be alone. Look at what high spending and taking big name divas has done for us in recent years.

Now go back 20 years and look at the Redskins and the names they brought in....low payed low named players that they MADE great.

This is what the Redskins are about...you MAKE a team, not buy one

The short answer....yes. You should be alone. Look at what high spending and taking big name divas has done for us in recent years.

Now go back 20 years and look at the Redskins and the names they brought in....low payed low named players that they MADE great.

This is what the Redskins are about...you MAKE a team, not buy one

But I'm not alone on this issue, and this isn't a black or white issue either, there's an incredible amount of gray. Read the thread, dude, instead of diving in without understanding the big picture.

Snyder isn't going to cut the fans a price break as a result. Does anyone really think the money we didn't spend on FA's this year will come back to the fans of the team somehow? Is he going to cut prices on anything? I doubt it. So what does this mean for us long term?

In the tickets renewal thread, some people are reporting getting club seats from the ticket office at half-off face value, so yes, Synder IS cutting prices. Of course, that's likely more a function of the fact a few smart fans are FINALLY saying they aren't going to support a shoddy product on the field, and Snyder realizes he has to do something to keep the stands filled.

Archived