Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colts dump Ryan Lilja should we looking into him?

gatito

From what I read on rotoworld, the dude was terrible after he came back from injuries.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Colts released LG Ryan Lilja.

Lilja started in the Super Bowl, but struggled badly as a run blocker along with much of Indianapolis' front five last season. The 28-year-old missed all of 2008 due to multiple knee surgeries, returning in 2009 without much left. The Colts are likely to pursue interior line help in April's draft.

Why not bring him in and check him out?

Who knows how much studying up they've done on him, though. I definitely think he's worth a look. We can always cut him if he doesn't show well during TC and Preseason.

struggled badly as a run blocker along with much of Indianapolis' front five last season.

The 28-year-old missed all of 2008 due to multiple knee surgeries,

returning in 2009 without much left.

The Colts are likely to pursue interior line help in April's draft.

The only part that sounds good is in red.

Did I say anything about the penalties?

Pete Kendall didn't have any penalties last year either, should we sign him?

I think Nate Newton was penalty-free as well.

I didn't realize those players played 1000+snaps of football last season.;)

I did say something about penalties, and then you bashed my sourse because of an overall ranking I didn't even bring up. **** you buddy.

According to that chart, Steve Hutchinson is the 38th rated LEFT Guard in the NFL?

Haha, OK.

No, Guard overall. Whether that's accurate or not is certainly debatable (I think Hutchinson is overrated at this point, but I would think he still rates higher than that), but just pointing out that that is a rating of Gs overall, not just LGs.

Colts don't run a zone blocking run game, do they? If not, then he will fit our scheme much better.

The colts don't have a run blocking game. When was the last time you saw a Colt RB go off?

Simply put they don't have a running game because their current crop of OL can only pass block.

Archived