Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst case draft scenario? (Bradford, Okung, Clausen gone by #4)

morpheusmeyers

I think it's too early for Bulaga.... I've seen him 9-15

Our best bet if you wanted him would be to trade the 4 for SF's 13 and something else.

I think Suh at 4 is the best bet. I, also, would not touch Campbell [in the first round] and 4 is too early for US to take a safety.

I would rather have that #4 pick turn out to be a Pro Bowler than to barely fill a need.

I'd take Berry over an OL prospect who doesn't earn the Top 5 pick. You only get these chances to draft potentially legendary players once in a while.

];7353232']I would rather have that #4 pick turn out to be a Pro Bowler than to barely fill a need.

I'd take Berry over an OL prospect who doesn't earn the Top 5 pick. You only get these chances to draft potentially legendary players once in a while.

Very good point. If we have a chance to get a future All-Pro then jump on it. Only exception is that if we can trade further back in the first and fill needs with two 1st rounders.

If that happens I would laugh at seattle for trading up to get Clausen, call up some 4-3 teams and rake them over the coals for Suh, If I don't get any takers, I take the best DT coming out of college since Reggie White, and enjoy the carnage as Haynesworth, Carter, Suh and Orakpo devour Romo sits to pee, McNabb and Eli. In round two I'd go with Brown

Trade down. The 49ers will be interested in Suh as a 3-4 end in the style of Richard Seymour. #13/#17/3rd rounder for #4 and maybe someone like Los or McIntosh as a 3-4 ILB. Take Bulaga and Iupati with the 1sts, and do whatever it takes to either get McCoy, or get a future 1st that has a chance of being a high pick.

LT: Bulaga

LG: Iupati

C: Rabach

RG: Williams

RT: Hicks

I'd consider the line "fixed" at this point, though it's still another offseason from being super-elite in the vein of the Jets/Giants/Panthers

If we can't land McCoy, we trade the 2nd for a 2011 first and a 2010 3rd or 4th. In that case, we don't take ANY quarterback in 2010 and pray to god that I was wrong on Jason Campbell all along, or we take our lumps and use our two 1sts to move up for someone like Gabbert/Ponder/Luck/Foles (the latter two shouldn't come out though) or hope Locker turns into a QB so we can trade up to the top 3 for him and have the Shanahans turn him into Elway.

This isn't a total disaster scenario, as we fix our line in one offseason and potentially get a QB that is undervalued due to height and arm concerns, but I like Bradford/Clausen more than next year's senior QBs (I'm not sold on Locker until he puts up good numbers and wins just a bit more, and I think Mallett is Leftwich 2.0) and probably more than the juniors too.

Unless Campbell blows up (25+ TDs 4000+ yards 7.5+ YPA/ 15 or less total turnovers/10+ wins or something along those lines), we MUST address QB in 2011 as the #1 need after rebuilding the line, so we either have to look at overpaying for McCoy if he doesn't make it to our pick, or at snagging a 2011 first somehow and trading up.

You guys keep saying take a lineman. OK, who's gonna be our future QB?

I'd rather have Campbell at QB with a stud LT in place than a rookie QB with Heyer protecting his blindside.

We haven't won a division title in over ten years. I'm tired of waiting, I want to win NOW. We have the head coach to do it and a GM that knows what he's doing. Whatever they feel is best I'm fully on board with. Even if that means drafting Jimmy Claussen (shudder).

This would be an awesome scenario. Suh is the best player in this draft. Either take him or trade out of the spot. And yes, there will be people more than willing to trade up to take him at #4.

EXACTLY - this thread should be changed to BEST case scenario.

Not only would the BEST player in the Draft be there for us. How many teams do you think would want to trade to number 4 to get him? I'm betting alot we could obtain 3-4 picks if he fell to our lap.

This would be an awesome scenario. Suh is the best player in this draft. Either take him or trade out of the spot. And yes, there will be people more than willing to trade up to take him at #4.

The more Pro Bowl defensive players you have on a team the more likely you will go to the Superbowl. Right now how many Pro Bowl players do we have on DEFENSE. Only 1 unless you count Fletcher who is 35 and who made the pro bowl as an alternate because others dropped out. For all the talk about our defense, we have not had great defensive linemen or linebackers except for an occasional standout year here and there. But we just haven't had defensive line or linebackers who make pro bowls year in and year out. Bottom line; it would not be a bad thing to have a Pro Bowl defensive lineman becaue Haynsworth didn't make it either.

I'd be very hard pressed not to take Suh if he were to fall in our laps. He could be an absolute monster as a 3-4 DE.

But if this happens, I think we honestly would have to look at the scenario of either drafting Clausen 4th and taking a lineman in the 2nd, taking one of the other linemen at #4 and take McCoy in the 2nd, or do the last scenario but with a tradedown.

I have to admit this would make the decision a hell of a lot more complicated. Come on Detroit! You know you want Suh! *mentally wills at Mayhew*

];7353232']I would rather have that #4 pick turn out to be a Pro Bowler than to barely fill a need.

I agree, when you start reaching to fill needs with high draft choices... you screw yourself in terms of value, especially with picks that early in the 1st round. Look at what the Chiefs did last year drafting Jackson for example.

Give me a guy who will be a difference maker and cornerstone of the franchise over a reach any day.

As others have pointed out, this would be a great scenario. I'm one who wants bradford, but if suh/mccoy are available at 4, we should easily be able to trade down and get a few extra picks. Considering the GM hasn't done anything to improve our team since free agency started, I guess they are banking on the draft filling every hole.

I have to agree this is not the worst scenario by a long shot and it's also pretty unlikely that anyone is going to trade up to No.3 to get Clausen.

I think Bradford, Okung and Suh gone is more likely and much worse for us.

I agree. There is some debate if the Redskins are even interested in Clausen. If Suh is there then I draft him and turn him into the next Richard Seymour. That's who a lot draft sites compare him to.

The draft is for the future. You take whats available to you. Phillip Daniels won't be here much longer and Haynesworth will likely only be here for another 3 seasons (they'd have to pay him a HUGE bonus in the 5th year).

Suh is clearly the best player in the draft. If he falls to #4, it would be really hard to pass on him. We aren't making it to the Superbowl or playoffs next year anyway, so I could be convinced to pass on an Olinemen over Suh.

Now if someone offers us two firsts and a third, this would be worth making the trade, but who knows if that happens.

I love how some people fail to read the OP and then say they want Okung and Some QB in the 2nd. The situation assumes Detroit takes Okung before us.

Trade down. The 49ers will be interested in Suh as a 3-4 end in the style of Richard Seymour. #13/#17/3rd rounder for #4 and maybe someone like Los or McIntosh as a 3-4 ILB. Take Bulaga and Iupati with the 1sts, and do whatever it takes to either get McCoy, or get a future 1st that has a chance of being a high pick.

LT: Bulaga

LG: Iupati

C: Rabach

RG: Williams

RT: Hicks

What happened to Dockery? Is he chopped liver now?

Archived