Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst case draft scenario? (Bradford, Okung, Clausen gone by #4)

morpheusmeyers

walterfootball.com updated their 2010 mock draft yesterday.

They have Sam Bradford going #1 to the Rams. No shock there.

At #2 they now have the Lions taking Russell Okung and not Suh, because the Lions recently traded for Corey Williams. Uh oh.

It gets worse. At #3 they have the Bucs taking Suh. But, they mention that Tampa wants out of this pick and could trade down to #6 which would allow the Seahawks to take Clausen at #3. Now why would the Bucs trade down if DT is a glaring need? Because they know that either Suh or McCoy would likely still be available to them at #6 if the 1st three picks go Bradford, Okung, Clausen.

If the above scenario played out BOTH QB's would be gone by #4, as would the top OL prospect. What would be do? Trade down? What if we can't find a trade partner? Reach for an OL like Bulaga or B Campbell? Take Suh or McCoy even though we are implementing a 3-4 D? Go BPA and take Eric Berry?

I would hope like heck that someone wanted to trade up for Suh. If that doesn't materialize I say flip a coin for Suh or Berry.

Hopefully the top 3 picks don't go down like this. But if they do, thoughts?

Attempt to trade down or take Suh or Eric berry. Either of those players will be a first year starter and we definitely use a good FS.

OL can be had in the second round this year, it is a very deep draft.

While Bradford would be the sexy pick, I am leaning more and more towards Okung and a 2nd round QB. Tony Pike?

Isn't there a thread right now that has almost exactly the same title?

If there is my apologies. I must have missed it.

PS-Just found it. Looks like no one has posted in it for 5 days. I scanned the 1st page and didn't see anything, and didn't think to look back further since the walterfootball.com mock was just updated yesterday.

I don't get these doomsday scenarios...we have the 4th pick in a pretty deep draft. If we don't trade out of it, we're going to get a top tier LT, a DT that some people are comparing to Reggie White (size/speed combo) or 1 of 2 potential franchise QB's. I say that because I fully believe Clausen is the better prospect.

Look, it doesn't matter who trades in front of us or what the first three teams do, we're going to get what will probably be a fantastic player.

Can you change the title to "Best Case Scenario"?

Exactly - I don't watch a ton of college football, but having half my family as huge Cornhuskers fans, I've seen enough of a boy named Suh...

...this kid will be one of the best DT's of all time, I just don't see him dropping all the way down to #4...

walterfootball.com updated their 2010 mock draft yesterday.

They have Sam Bradford going #1 to the Rams. No shock there.

At #2 they now have the Lions taking Russell Okung and not Suh, because the Lions recently traded for Corey Williams. Uh oh.

It gets worse. At #3 they have the Bucs taking Suh. But, they mention that Tampa wants out of this pick and could trade down to #6 which would allow the Seahawks to take Clausen at #3. Now why would the Bucs trade down if DT is a glaring need? Because they know that either Suh or McCoy would likely still be available to them at #6 if the 1st three picks go Bradford, Okung, Clausen.

If the above scenario played out BOTH QB's would be gone by #4, as would the top OL prospect. What would be do? Trade down? What if we can't find a trade partner? Reach for an OL like Bulaga or B Campbell? Take Suh or McCoy even though we are implementing a 3-4 D? Go BPA and take Eric Berry?

I would hope like heck that someone wanted to trade up for Suh. If that doesn't materialize I say flip a coin for Suh or Berry.

Hopefully the top 3 picks don't go down like this. But if they do, thoughts?

We would be stupid not to take Suh with Cornelius gone. This uncapped season mess is making FA accquistions hard cause teams are scared that they are going to lock up players to big money deals and they not last and then there is also the math of figuring up contracts come into play I would think. There are so many tackles that can be took in FA and all along I have said that is what they are going to do but then again who knows...

If we cannot trade down and I think we definitely have a better than average shot at it personally...

I'd strongly consider taking Suh @ #4

I'd strongly consider taking Bulaga @ #4

No way would I touch Bruce Campbell

No way do I take Berry

I don't see this being a "worse case scenario". In fact, I'd welcome it.

I'm not one of the fans that's wants either Bradford or Clausen. I'd take Suh in a heart beat, but if Suh does fall to #4 I'd assume we'd get some interest from other teams that would love to have him as well. Skins could possibly trade down, get a extra pick and still end up with a quality OL or other player. I would absolutely love that.

If we cannot trade down and I think we definitely have a better than average shot at it personally...

I'd strongly consider taking Suh @ #4

I'd strongly consider taking Bulaga @ #4

No way would I touch Bruce Campbell

No way do I take Berry

I think it's too early for Bulaga.... I've seen him 9-15

Our best bet if you wanted him would be to trade the 4 for SF's 13 and something else.

I think Suh at 4 is the best bet. I, also, would not touch Campbell [in the first round] and 4 is too early for US to take a safety.

Archived