Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Release: Statement from Dan Snyder regarding Emmitt Smith comments

JimmiJo

Actually no its not, danny is an owner of a football team going against a nobody former player. Emmitt was great on the field and a hall of famer, but his words mean nothing in todays game. danny should not have reponded at all. danny needs to learn to keep his mouth shut!

Why dont you go sit next to Emmit...

Statement from Dan Snyder regarding Emmitt Smith comments

“I applaud Emmitt Smith’s induction into the NFL Hall of Fame and, from what I understand, he’s a heck of a dancer. I think we’ve only met once briefly at an NFL function in 2000. I will say, however, that I like to think of myself as being a compassionate person, except toward the Dallas Cowboys.”

Yeah, that was as good a comeback as he could have had.:fly:

Danny Boy... <cough> Excuse me sir... I am beside myself with joy. You sir, dismantled Emmit Smith in three sentences. Mr. Smith may have danced with the stars but you ran three circles around him and dunked the ball, sir.

Keep up the good work. You're turning into the owner the fans always knew and hoped you could be. I tip my hat to you.

Another sign that DS is and always has been the MAN. Nothing more than a fan like us with control of a team thinking he knows whats best. Only going to get better now that he sees the light.

Thank you DS for being a true fan and not being PC here, GREAT PR move for your fans.

Statement from Dan Snyder regarding Emmitt Smith comments

“I applaud Emmitt Smith’s induction into the NFL Hall of Fame and, from what I understand, he’s a heck of a dancer. I think we’ve only met once briefly at an NFL function in 2000. I will say, however, that I like to think of myself as being a compassionate person, except toward the Dallas Cowboys.”

Wow, I think Danny Boy just moved up a few points in my book. He moved up more when he hired Allen and when he hired Shanahan but with this statement he keeps moving up.

I have often wondered how Emmitt Smiths career would have gone had he been with a mediocre team with a mediocre QB and a mediocre Line. Remember, Smith had no less than 6 Pro Bowl offensive linemen playing for the Dallas Cowboys in Larry Allen, Nate Newton, Mark Tunei, Eric Williams, Ray Donaldson, and then there is a CENTER whose name escapes me but he made the Pro Bowl before Donaldson got there.

Then Smith had a Pro bowl tight end and PRO Bowl FULLBACK and a PRO BOWL QB and PRO BOWL wide receiver.

My god he was surrrounded by PRO BOWLERS everywhere. Some of the holes he walked through were 5 yards wide. Its on tape. How would he had been had he been drafted last year by the Washington Redskins. I doubt his mouth would still be flapping although he would still be ILLITERATE.

Good response. Smith had no reason to call out Snyder. You love to beat up your rival, no **** Emmitt, but attacking a person you don't even know on a personal level was uncalled for.

Also sounds like bitterness on his part that he never got to ca$h in from Danny Boy like his other retirement buddies did.

Archived