Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Release: Statement from Dan Snyder regarding Emmitt Smith comments

JimmiJo

Actually no its not, danny is an owner of a football team going against a nobody former player. Emmitt was great on the field and a hall of famer, but his words mean nothing in todays game. danny should not have reponded at all. danny needs to learn to keep his mouth shut!

<sentence removed by staff - Rule 5>

It has nothing to do with today's game. It is about that franchise that forced the Skins to welcome them to the NFL.

I would like to thank Emmitt Smith for single handedly revitalizing the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry. This comment came out of NOWHERES-VILLE. The Skins will be certain to post these comments before during and after each of our two games this season....as if we needed more motivation. Go Emmitt...go. Keep your jaws flapping.

I would like to thank Emmitt Smith for single handedly revitalizing the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry. This comment came out of NOWHERES-VILLE. The Skins will be certain to post these comments before during and after each of our two games this season....as if we needed more motivation. Go Emmitt...go. Keep your jaws flapping.

Exactamondo...

Danny boy should send Mr. Smith a check...:D:D:ols:

Statement from Dan Snyder regarding Emmitt Smith comments

“I applaud Emmitt Smith’s induction into the NFL Hall of Fame and, from what I understand, he’s a heck of a dancer. I think we’ve only met once briefly at an NFL function in 2000. I will say, however, that I like to think of myself as being a compassionate person, except toward the Dallas Cowboys.”

Good for Snyder and taking the high road.

Dan would've been better served remaining silent. After all, who the heck is Emmitt Smith anyway? A former player is not worthy of judging an NFL owner, regardless of what he may have accomplished on any playing field. He's not worthy of being in the presence of an NFL owner, except, of course, the one who owned his rights as a player. His name is Jerry, in case Emmitt has totally forgotten.

Danny definitely should have responded in exactly the way he did. When Riggins made his comments about Snyder it was all over ESPN and talk radio without a response from the team. The stories were completely one sided.

With a response when/if this story is talked about they have to bring up Snyders response which are just his thoughts without attacking Smith back or worsening the situation.

Archived