Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN via Adam Schefter: 1st round tender on Jason

mnb123

Even if we don't draft another QB, it won't mean that Campbell will be starting. If there is a true competition, I don't think JC stands a chance of beating Colt for the starting job.

And you base this on what exactly? Colt tearing it up against second rate opposition in College? A really good half of football in the Hall of Fame game two years ago playing with and against guys who are currently stacking shelves?

If Colt blows Shanny away and wins the starting job that will be great. I would say its very long odds against that happening though based on what we saw througout last preseason, reports that he was close to being cut and his inability to even win the #2 job let alone start last year.

I'm far from against replacing Campbell if it is an upgrade but just wanting him gone for the sake of it with no credible replacement is just silly. Thinking he stands little chance of beating out Colt is either wishful thinking or plain dumb.

I'm far from against replacing Campbell if it is an upgrade but just wanting him gone for the sake of it with no credible replacement is just silly. Thinking he stands little chance of beating out Colt is either wishful thinking or plain dumb.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/colt-brennan-faces-uncertain-f.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

This Jason Reid Blog didn't seem to make the rounds much on this board -- it was far from a glowing endorsement of Brennan. Some excerpts:

But Zorn expected Brennan to challenge Todd Collins for the backup job in the 2009 preseason, and that didn't happen because Brennan struggled. Also, some in the organization grew frustrated with Brennan because of what they perceived to be his ****iness despite never having accomplished anything in the NFL, team sources said...

...Zorn, however, determined that Brennan did not progress enough from his rookie season to commit a roster spot to him. Although Zorn was fired after going 12-20 in two seasons and often seemed to be in way over his head, his credentials as a quarterbacks coach are unquestioned.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/colt-brennan-faces-uncertain-f.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

This Jason Reid Blog didn't seem to make the rounds much on this board -- it was far from a glowing endorsement of Brennan. Some excerpts:

But Zorn expected Brennan to challenge Todd Collins for the backup job in the 2009 preseason, and that didn't happen because Brennan struggled. Also, some in the organization grew frustrated with Brennan because of what they perceived to be his ****iness despite never having accomplished anything in the NFL, team sources said...

...Zorn, however, determined that Brennan did not progress enough from his rookie season to commit a roster spot to him. Although Zorn was fired after going 12-20 in two seasons and often seemed to be in way over his head, his credentials as a quarterbacks coach are unquestioned.

Reid is one of the biggest JC homers there is so I would be very surprised if he said anything else.

Reid is one of the biggest JC homers there is so I would be very surprised if he said anything else.

all i know is that campbell is the subject of trade rumors and didnt receive a high tender, and the team has refused to commit to him as a starter and todd collins has been cut.

there has been no news on brennan, other than hes here and on the team.

And yet what he said is true. Colt apparently couldn't win the backup job and it went from Brennan vs Collins to Brennan vs Daniel pretty quickly. So it isn't like he was making that up. We all saw it and heard it from Zorn. As for the other stuff about him being ****y and Zorn not necessarily wanting him on the roster...do you think Reid is just flat out lying?

Never mind what Reid writes or says - we saw Colt struggle all preseason with our own eyes. There was no way he was winning a backup job let alone threatening to start.

honestly, i dont get what a report about brennan struggling and not being able to unseat collins as backup has to do with campbell.

honestly, i dont get what a report about brennan struggling and not being able to unseat collins as backup has to do with campbell.

Its a conspiracy! Duh. Reid likes Campbell. So uh, Campbell paid. Wait. No...uh...Zorn (who one poster once said was trying to "keep Colt down" and "break his spirit") paid Reid to say that stuff about Brennan because the team obviously was in love with Campbell. Or maybe Campbell paid Zorn. Details are murky here.

And uh...oh yeah, Dan Snyder paid him to write it too so that he could try to...pump up Campbell's value and...because he got punched in the nuts once when in Hawaii so he doesn't like the state. And I'm pretty sure there is something about not really landing on the moon that has to do with it.

This is a JC thread you know.

oh yeah, now i got it......

on a serious note, i still dont get how a percieved bias jason reid may or may not have would affect anything he wrote about colt brennan as it pertains to todd collins.

Its a conspiracy! Duh. Reid likes Campbell. So uh, Campbell paid. Wait. No...uh...Zorn (who one poster once said was trying to "keep Colt down" and "break his spirit") paid Reid to say that stuff about Brennan because the team obviously was in love with Campbell. Or maybe Campbell paid Zorn. Details are murky here.

And uh...oh yeah, Dan Snyder paid him to write it too so that he could try to...pump up Campbell's value and...because he got punched in the nuts once when in Hawaii so he doesn't like the state. And I'm pretty sure there is something about not really landing on the moon that has to do with it.

sadly, i think that is the thinking.

man, way too early to deal with the tin foil hat club.....

Some posters see Brennan as an alternative to Campbell as starter this year and feel he would/will win a camp battle for the position.

I feel that view is, at best, optimistic. The fact that he could not unseat Collins as backup last year is cited by me among others as evidence of this.

and you and all the other JC apologists remain wedded to a philosophy of mediocrity......and dishonesty - if one judges by the twisted attempts to manufacture wisdom from isolated statistics. I think of it as ES intellectual gerrymandering! beat that hollow chest boys and girls!

laughable actually....contempt would be investing too much value in the thought processes on display. JC is not a West Coast QB.....his weaknesses are precisely the ones that will undermine the Skins offense over the long haul as the team becomes more competitive in Shanny's version of the WCO. everyone knows it...except the reids of the world who have ulterior motives......:saber:

I have no idea.....you might have insight: just what does a jock smell like?

Some posters see Brennan as an alternative to Campbell as starter this year and feel he would/will win a camp battle for the position.

I feel that view is, at best, optimistic. The fact that he could not unseat Collins as backup last year is cited by me among others as evidence of this.

I was never a CB supporter...so I don't really care on this one. But the man was on injured reserve. how, exactly, was he supposed to compete?

Archived