Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you doing this evening?

SC_RedskinsFan

I just watched The Kings Speech. Good movie.

Makes me wonder what other interesting bits of history are out there that will be turned into movies. I can think of a few, but it's the ones I have no idea about I'm interested in :)

• 7 months later...

Watching? Not helping? :silly: I used to "help" my brothers and nephew all the time. :ols:

Girlfriend and her 2 sons are about 10 minutes out. Driving in from Nevada to spend a couple of days here. Her oldest son's idea. :) We'll be heading down a little later to check out the Christmas lights in SLC. :)

Watching? Not helping? :silly: I used to "help" my brothers and nephew all the time. :ols:

Girlfriend and her 2 sons are about 10 minutes out. Driving in from Nevada to spend a couple of days here. Her oldest son's idea. :) We'll be heading down a little later to check out the Christmas lights in SLC. :)

I just watched The Kings Speech. Good movie.

Makes me wonder what other interesting bits of history are out there that will be turned into movies. I can think of a few, but it's the ones I have no idea about I'm interested in :)

Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush kill it in that movie. Their dialog and banter is back and forth is just so well done.

Watching my #1 seeded Fantasy team go down in flames because of Tony ****ING Romo sits to pee. I am so pissed off. I by FAR have the best, most consistent freaking team in the league and blew everyone away during regular season and now this jackass is going to ruin it for me.

Other than that bullcrap, I'm enjoying a high octane evening hanging out with my dog and watching movies.

a 19 year old girl died in the tidal pools a week ago. I read about it before I got here. truly sad. My second night, end of my first full day. I ended up at "the farm" for her memorial. She was an intern there, displaced from Atlanta. It's a drive up a steep, winding road (mostly road) through a thick rainforest. Nothing close to anything like I've ever seen. You turn down onto a dirt road that continues winding around through trees and plants like I've never seen before. It was dark. Finally, we get out of the car and walk to the main building. An open air pavilion made with rich dark mahogany. High ceilings and a porch that wrapped all the way around, with long tables and hammocks. when I first walked up, a small group sat in a circle singing island blues, playing anything they could make an instrument out of and taking turn singing. It was as good as any music I've heard. I was handed a rum punch, made with fruit from the farm and walked up to the bonfire. It was set to burn inside of a 5 foot orb, with designs and characters cut into it. the stars so close you could touch them and the view of the surrounding mountains, just let you know how special the place I was in is. later as the mood eased and the radio played favorites, everybody was handed a 2 foot cut sunflower and everyone began dancing around the table with the young girls picture and belongings sat in memory. such an uplifting occasion. I sat outside, being an outsider and not wanting to intrude. a fellow about my age, maybe a few years older came and sat next to me. "if she wasn't so small and at that exact spot at that exact moment, she'd still be with us. such an odd way to die" he said. he was in great spirits, with a smile and a sunflower. I asked "do you live on the farm?". "no" he replied, "I'm the father". It was a magical night and I feel blessed to have been at that spot at that exact moment.

• 2 months later...

Archived